“Young, hip, fun hotel!”

W Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #60 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I stayed here for a long weekend and truly enjoyed it. The location is great. The decor is young and hip, with a sense of humor. The staff is super-friendly and helpful. Comfortable beds. I found the noise of others' doors slamming annoying when I was trying to sleep, and I found the bathrooms a little cramped but I would return to a W hotel any time.

Room Tip: If you pre-pay you get a discount.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

mrduffy, thank you so much for your kind review! I'm delighted that you enjoyed a long weekend with us and that you will continue to travel with the W brand! Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again!
Warm Wishes

Write a ReviewReviews (1,404)

Reviewed August 24, 2011

With the exception of early morning tap on the door by housekeeping the day I was to check out, everything was really great....from Valet, to Check-in....and check-out! very personable and cheerful
service from everyone. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 21, 2011

As soon as we opened the car door at the valet, we were cheerfully greeted. Check in was a breeze and the gentleman behind the counter was extremely helpful, even moved us to a room with a better view as a courtesy. We had a great time by the pool - by far the best pool in the area. We also enjoyed the scene at the bar on top of the W - Whiskey Blue. Would could not have been happier! Staff was incredible and our room was incredible!!

Room Tip: Check on any available packages. They offer great packages
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carla G
Reviewed August 20, 2011

The check in was the most positive part of our trip, as we were served by a really great woman at the front desk. But after that there was nothing to praise. Our room was dirty upon check in (trash in bins, used soap, no toiletries), but it was also in bad repair (bathroom door didn't shut, cigarette burns on plastic parts of furniture). We never had washclothes during our stay, and the toiletries were never replenished so we had no soap or shampoo. When we asked for more, we got 3 body washes, but still no soap, shampoo or washclothes. It took 1/2 hour in the restaurant for a server to approach us for breakfast. We didn't mind the other things mentioned on this forum, such as the opaque bathroom doors, and party atmosphere in the lobby, or the size of the rooms. We did mind the bad housekeeping and service in the restaurant.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Hawaii_traveler200

Hawaii_traveler200 - Thank you for your candid response. Since your visit with us (and review) I have taken the time to forward, address and review your comments with the key departments from your experience: style, engineering and our restaurant respectively. Although these items are not characteristic of our property, we do take them very seriously to ensure that they do not repeat themselves and I am sorry for the impact that they had on your experience.
Should travel bring you back to the Atlanta area, please feel free to email me directly at gmmarylouise.fitzgibbon@whotels.com, so that I can help provide the true and complete W experience. Thank you again for your time.
Warm Wishes

Reviewed August 10, 2011

While some W hotels try too hard for their own good to be hip and cool, I must say I really enjoyed my stay at the Buckhead W. Granted the lobby looks suspect as usual, the hotel staff, especially at the front desk and concierge service, were exceptionally friendly and helpful. On the morning of my check out, the concierge desk called to ask if I wanted my boarding pass printed. That has never happened before! It may be the local, culture of Southern hospitality, but overall, it was one of my best W hotel experiences. Last but not least, great value.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Expensive for what it is – a renovated holiday inn or something I believe? Breakfast – even for platinum members was quite poor – very expensive grab & go - $4 for a tiny box of cereal – need about 3-4 to make a bowl – ie $16 bowls of cereal. Gym is average, could be better. Staff is nice. Parking is $30 – only option. Internet is slow.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The hotel is in the heart of Buckhead, right across the street from Maggianos (one of our favorite restaurants). The hotel is very "hip", has a great party scene at the Rooftop bar called "Whiskey Blue". We had a king room with a rollaway bed for our 9 year old; and we were here on a house-hunting trip. I wouldn't recommend this room type if you have children as the bathroom has a modern flair; the doors are frosted glass, so you can see shadows thru them. Would be great for a couple, but not so great with kids. The bathroom is also VERY small. Very comfortable bed, service was good. We lost an item and Daniel Davidson, their Risk Manager, personally delivered our item. VERY professional!!! Thanks Daniel!

I would also warn that because of the 'party' atmosphere, there were quite a few scenes that we didn't really want our daughter to see; scantily clad folks, public displays, you know.. a bit PG13 rated for main areas. Definitely a couples type of resort, so we may come back if it's just the two of us!

We had breakfast at the Market restaurant, service was excellent from Amanuel! The food was quite expensive, $19 for an American Breakfast (2 eggs, bacon, toast and potato, coffee, juice). If you're a Starwoods member, or there is a room rate available that includes breakfast, do the math if you like the convenience of eating in the hotel. Menu was fairly limited; but they seemed flexible in customizing.

Internet was very pricey, $22 for 48 hours. ouch.

The front desk staff were friendly; offered my daughter a toy; so she enjoyed that. Car park is $30/day and includes in/out; the guys were very prompt in getting our car around. Front desk also had umbrellas available when it was raining.

Overall a nice stay; would've rated higher if the scene was more family friendly; 5 stars for couple's trips!

Room was quiet; we kept the fan running all night just to drown out any potential noise in the hall, but no problem with sleep quality.

Room Tip: If you have kids, go for the double Queen room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family