“Worst hotel ever! I was robbed - STAY AWAY FROM THAT PLACE!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #155 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed January 17, 2014

It was the worst experience I've had with hotels in my life, and it was my first time there in the US! I arrived in Atlanta in the coldest night ever, last 7 January, all the main hotels had no available room, and the van driver told me at the airport that there was an available room for $69, but, when I arrived there, the front desk officer charged me $82 for the worst place I've ever been. It was horrible! Broken air conditioning, smelly carpets, and, worst than that, the room they gave me - 216 - had not even a useful toilet seat, because the pipes were broken! I am a woman, got really scared of being there, and decided I wouldn't spend one more minute at that horror movie scenario! Please, stay away from that!

Room Tip: Stay away! Worst hotel ever!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
10  Thank CarolineAbreu

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Do not stay at this hotel. The hotel is in some serious need of repair. Our room smelled moldy and musty. The shower provided hot water, but you were standing in knee deep water when you were done. There was a worker at the front desk when we checked in @ 11 p.m. After that, there was nobody working the front desk even after we left @ 545 a.m. I even tried to call the front desk with no answer. Do not stay here. If you do stay here, it is at your own risk. Do not stay even if they pay you to stay here.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank hbmtnman
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I reserved a room with 2 beds for a cold (17 degrees) January night. The room had NO HEAT. I told the front desk and they had no more double bed rooms, so they gave us 2 single bed rooms. One of those rooms also had NO HEAT AND NO HOT WATER! There were no other rooms available and the room was unusable. Also- there was an electrical outlet with no cover. When I tried to use it, the outlet receded like it wasn't attached and sparked from behind. We're lucky it didn't start a fire. Also- the room was supposed to be non-smoking, but had the stench of smoke, had 2 ashtrays and matches. The front desk confirmed that it was non-smoking...ya right! Even though we paid for the room, we could not stay there. Warning - Do not stay there!

Room Tip: Warning - Do not stay there. Unfit to spend a night in.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Daniel O
Reviewed December 14, 2013

The property was in a state of disrepair, internet did not work,desk clerk was no help. Hot water for shower was reversed and barely warm. The room furnishings were dated and needed upgrade. The lobby was very small and also dated.

Room Tip: Just stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank tomenglishDudley_ga
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stopped off the interstate to get gas and were searching for hotels at that time but weren't too successful. So we stopped for gas and saw the Econo Lodge for $40. We were hesitant at first since it was 1am but it was well lit, friendly service, and had all the amenities we needed. They had microwave, fridge, hair dryer, and coffee machine. What more could you ask for? I will stop there again.

• Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank Terre-12
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Nothing good about this place - needs a complete facelift - gutting and upfit - our room looked like the aftermath of a drive by shooting. Better yet - implode it and build over - I am a Privilege Choice customer but next time I will excercise my privilege to choose elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank unlvrebel76
Reviewed September 28, 2013

not a great area,rooms are quiet small and dark(they just felt grubby),and in desperate need of some work,doors are not inside, tv was old kept losing its pic,the bed cover was stained,the bed was soft,worn out to be honest,the bathroom was ok,but not clean,only the bits you could see,behind the door and under the sink hairs dust etc,not just a few loadssss,the aircon worked good but the control was broke,only two lights worked,water was cold in the morning,l slept ok but had just driven 8 hours!..as for the pool..well small comes to mind..its not in a great area..went out to eat eat two blocks away approached by two drunks,did not feel safe.....the staff are willing breckfast is ok to good..wi fi does not work in the rooms..l dont honestly think that econolodge north careless about the rooms or complaints,they know that online it looks ok,but once there its not,but once there late in the day your stuck!!!!!!...one bit of the good news the shuttle to the airport worked good.........l will never use this place again..ps ever.......AVOID

Room Tip: my advice just dont stay here
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank petesman2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Quality Inn & Suites
Red Lion Hotel Atlanta Airport
#13 of 26 in College Park
17 mi away
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Wildwood

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!