“Stay here at your own risk” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #159 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Stay here at your own risk”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

not a great area,rooms are quiet small and dark(they just felt grubby),and in desperate need of some work,doors are not inside, tv was old kept losing its pic,the bed cover was stained,the bed was soft,worn out to be honest,the bathroom was ok,but not clean,only the bits you could see,behind the door and under the sink hairs dust etc,not just a few loadssss,the aircon worked good but the control was broke,only two lights worked,water was cold in the morning,l slept ok but had just driven 8 hours!..as for the pool..well small comes to mind..its not in a great area..went out to eat eat two blocks away approached by two drunks,did not feel safe.....the staff are willing breckfast is ok to good..wi fi does not work in the rooms..l dont honestly think that econolodge north careless about the rooms or complaints,they know that online it looks ok,but once there its not,but once there late in the day your stuck!!!!!!...one bit of the good news the shuttle to the airport worked good.........l will never use this place again..ps ever.......AVOID

Room Tip: my advice just dont stay here
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank petesman2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
Dunnellon, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is a "get what you paid for" hotel. For $40 per night I guess you can't expect the Ritz! I wish I had read the other reviews before booking this hotel. It's in an iffy part of town, the room was the size of a shoe box, the sheets were worn and the mattress was on a wood box. However, it was close to the highway and the airport. i would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank debbie w
Yorba Linda, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

After I paid and started going to my room I noticed many people loitering in front of my room, I did not feel safe, I went back to the office and they stated they would give me a refund. this did not happen, multiple calls and they went the I don't speak english routine. Faxed the info, no reply.
This is not a safe hotel and has a dishonest proprietor!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mark S
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I booked online and arrived to find a room that looked nothing like the pictures. I was traveling by myself (early 30's, female) and seriously feared for my safety. It was old and rundown, but more than that it felt like you we're going to get mugged at any time. I've stayed in not-so-great places before, but this was the worst. The carpet was peeling up. There was paint on the curtains. The lock didn't seem secure enough to make me feel safe. The remote to the tv didn't work. There was some old, strange remote attached to the dirty walls that controlled an ancient heating/cooling system but I couldn't get it to work. Thankfully, the man at the desk let me cancel my reservation and I moved to another hotel nearby. I would never, ever go back.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Heidi B
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was in town for a concert friday night and needed a room for one night. That nigh I saw that a bed bug had bitten when I woke up up Saturday morning. I definitely wouldn't stay there if I had my family with me.... I just needed a place to sleep, I had no idea I'd be bitten!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Frank S
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Was in Atlanta for a convention. Upon arrival noticed room needed painted, new carpet and every thing. I thought the paid girls and drug dealers where bad on weds night not at all! It only got worse Fri and Sat. I DO HAVE TO SAY THE EMPLOYEES ARE VERY NICE AND HELP FULL. THEY NEED TO BE WORKING SOME PLACE ELSE! THERE IS ONLY ONE THING YOU CAN DO WITH THIS PLACE! TURN IN INTO A PARKING LOT!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't be dumb enough to want to stay here
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

The good: The staff was friendly.
The bad: We ended up at this hotel when we missed our connection flight. Took a blind chance at it since the rate was cheap and we just needed a place to sleep for a few hours. Let me say, I'd rather sleep at the airport next time. The front lobby was closed, so we had to go to the "window," which was basically a window in a tiny room covered in bugs. The outside of the hotel was nasty, the inside of the hotel was nasty, the floors didn't look swept, there were various body hairs in the bed (the long and short kind, if you know what I mean), the comforters had cigarette burns in them, yellow stains on the sheets, the toilet looked like one from a 100 year old public restroom and the place smelled like smoke even though it was non-smoking. I will NEVER stay at an Econo Lodge again after this. I couldn't wait to leave.
We didn't even wait for a shuttle...we just walked to a different hotel and got on theirs. Spend the extra few bucks and go somewhere else if you want to walk in your room without feeling like you need shoes and a can of Lysol.

Room Tip: Walk next door and sleep at the other hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mom M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North
Red Lion Hotel Atlanta Airport
Red Lion Hotel Atlanta Airport
#12 of 26 in College Park
Residence Inn Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Super 8 Atlanta/Jonesboro Road

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!