“paid girls, drugs and more paid girls”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #160 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“paid girls, drugs and more paid girls”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Was in Atlanta for a convention. Upon arrival noticed room needed painted, new carpet and every thing. I thought the paid girls and drug dealers where bad on weds night not at all! It only got worse Fri and Sat. I DO HAVE TO SAY THE EMPLOYEES ARE VERY NICE AND HELP FULL. THEY NEED TO BE WORKING SOME PLACE ELSE! THERE IS ONLY ONE THING YOU CAN DO WITH THIS PLACE! TURN IN INTO A PARKING LOT!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't be dumb enough to want to stay here
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The good: The staff was friendly.
The bad: We ended up at this hotel when we missed our connection flight. Took a blind chance at it since the rate was cheap and we just needed a place to sleep for a few hours. Let me say, I'd rather sleep at the airport next time. The front lobby was closed, so we had to go to the "window," which was basically a window in a tiny room covered in bugs. The outside of the hotel was nasty, the inside of the hotel was nasty, the floors didn't look swept, there were various body hairs in the bed (the long and short kind, if you know what I mean), the comforters had cigarette burns in them, yellow stains on the sheets, the toilet looked like one from a 100 year old public restroom and the place smelled like smoke even though it was non-smoking. I will NEVER stay at an Econo Lodge again after this. I couldn't wait to leave.
We didn't even wait for a shuttle...we just walked to a different hotel and got on theirs. Spend the extra few bucks and go somewhere else if you want to walk in your room without feeling like you need shoes and a can of Lysol.

Room Tip: Walk next door and sleep at the other hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mom M
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 7, 2013

As an airline employee, the Quality Inn that I usually stayed in was full due to a basketball tournament in town. I was told that this EconoLodge had a couple of rooms left. I booked the room. When I arrived and got to my room I was mortified. There was rust on the inside door panel. The tile at the entrance to the bathroom was broken off and missing. The bed was against the wall, so to watch TV you had to keep your head turned to the right. The outside doors were dirty. Even the inside walls of the elevator were gross. Let me tell me a streetwalker would have been disgusted with this place. Tear it down and start over !!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank James N
Elizabeth, New Jersey
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Well, first thing's first

It took over an hour and 15 minutes for the shuttle to pick me up from the airport. I was told that the hotel's shuttle had become inoperable, and that is why I had incurred a delay, but this was only after I had called back on my 4TH CALL BACK (I had called every 15 minutes since my first call, in which I was told that the shuttle would arrive in ten minutes from the time I had initially called).

After I politely -but justifiably and angrily told the desk clerk that I needed proper rest for my job interview the next morning, I was told that transportation from a nearby hotel would pick me up instead. Shuttle drivers from nearby competing hotels had witnessed me waiting, and offered me sitting time inside of their shuttles (so I could stay warm, how kind of them!) until they had to leave to transport their customers.

I finally arrive at the Econo Lodge; I expected a basic hotel (I understand that you do get what you pay for), but I did NOT expect that I would not have an iron and ironing board inside of my room to iron my clothes *sigh*. Also, I was given a non smoking room that someone had OBVIOUSLY smoked in. I changed my room, and this room STILL reeked of smoke. I was so tired from my flight and from the waiting that I just decided to do without, hoping that the smoke would not permeate my interview attire.

If I may say something positive, the hotel's staff is VERY respectful, friendly, and very hospitable. The young man that works the afternoon shift, the older woman that works the morning shift (she is an absolute delight!), and the (forgive my assumption) African (?) man who works the evening shift, they are ALL WONDERFUL. They almost (ALMOST) make up for my waiting experience and the smokey rooms. I also appreciate that although the hotel does not offer an extended check out option, at least the staff is willing to stow some of your luggage behind the front desk, and you may retrieve your items a couple of hours beyond your initial check out time- that was a TREMENDOUS help.

The front desk also co-ordinated with one of the shuttle drivers to drop me off a few blocks away from the hotel TO my job interview at no extra charge; had I taken a taxi, it would have cost $10, all for a four minute ride away!

The free breakfast was very much appreciated as well; my only suggestion for the free breakfast is to incorporate some fresh fruits, for those of us who do not eat pastries or cereal in the mornings. But again, you get what you pay for.

All in all, the staff IS EXCELLENT. What needs improvement are the rooms (they can stand a cleaning and de-odorizing), the lobby (again, cleaning, but also being completely remodeled), and better communication with the shuttle drivers when a guest repeatedly calls back after not being picked up as promised. I almost feel bad for writing this review, because the staff was just great. But I am hoping that the hotel itself is improved. Best wishes for improvement.

Room Tip: A TRULY non-smoking room, IF you are fortunate enough to receive one...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tnj2323
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We needed to catch an early flight out of Atlanta and had to make quick reservations online. Hotel is very run down and scary. The heating cooling system did not work and was stuck on heat. Room was hot and smelly and we slept very poorly. The only plus side was the staff was very nice. They offered to change our room but that was before we realized the system was broken. Also the shuttle was convenient to the airport. I would advise to look around before staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kingsland, Texas
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is my second attempt to review this hotel. Apparently the phrases, "My impressions were ... " and "I wondered if ... " weren't sufficient for TripAdvisor to take the chance of publishing my specifics!

I will now suffice it to say, after the first night, my associates chose to sleep in their vehicle and use the room only for the bathroom and shower facilities for the remaining two days we were booked there.

The wi-fi was intermittent, making any computer work very frustrating! The only thing I can say in their favour, is that I was required to show ID to pick up a package our boss had shipped to us there.

It was not a pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Massachusetts
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We got stranded in the ATL airport after a cancelled flight and needed a cheaper place to stay the night until our flight the next morning. Yes, the staff was friendly, but oh my goodness was this place gross. My non-smoking room smelt like cigarettes and everything looked so nasty I slept with all my clothes on, in a hoodie to cover my head, on top of the sheets. I would have spent an extra $50 in retrospect to have stayed anywhere else!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Econo L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
We at the Econo Lodge appreciate your comments. Sharing your comments helps us to improve in areas that are important to our guests. Please know that guest satisfaction is our main concern and efforts are being made to ensure our guests have a pleasant stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North
Sleep Inn Airport
Sleep Inn Airport
#16 of 26 in College Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!