“OK Hotel, but a few things that were turn off's”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport
Ranked #102 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed October 18, 2009

The Hotel is nice and quiet. For the most part the staff in the hotel are good, but saw one big exception. A bus full of about 18 to 20 people from FedEx people showd up and the lady from the hotel was like a Marine Drill Instructor. Rude and very unprofessional.
The one thing that bothered me the most is that in the last yaar or so they have gone to charging for parking, That in itself is ok, but the way they did it was very takey and not thought out. There is sometimes a bottleneck getting in and out, and it is like an obsticile cource. If you drive down a row and there is no spot you have no choice but to back all the way out as each lane is a dead end. If there are two cars behind you forget it.
They have parking attandants in an old wood structure that would be more appropriate at a motel 6 in the hood. This parking proceeedures and lay out shows a total lack of planning, and total disregard for making it simple for the guest.
Hotel is good, but parking situation sucks

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed September 26, 2009

After a few productive days at the Hampton Inn down at Cumberland Mall, I moved to the airport to avoid driving I285 to the airport in the morning rush hour. I wish I had stayed put and braved the traffic.

Check in was easy but it went downhill from there. The room was quite old despite the property looked quite modern. It was clean, but hot. But the air-con was an old style window mounted unit that was very loud, and blew the curtains all over the place when turned on. I could just about live with it on during the evening, but it was unbearable at night.

Neither telephone in my room worked and nobody picked up when I called from a house phone to report the fault, so I had to walk all the way to reception to report the issue. I also reported the fact that half the TV channels were not working...but by the time I checked out the following morning there was still no NBC/CBS etc etc.

The restaurant was also average. Pricey as airport hotels are, the food was OK. Breakfast was very poor, the selection being very disappointing. It is a sign of how poor that I ate more at the Hampton than at the Doubletree despite the latter being more 'full-service' than the Hampton.

The WiFi was free but service patchy - there were numerous disconnects and speed was slow.

Being an airport hotel is was tricky to walk to alternate dining location...some were close by but I wasn't entirely comfortable walking to them...so I was stuck with what was on offer.

I haven't had many disappointing experiences with Doubletree but this one was. Next time I am staying at the airport in ATL, I will choose a hotel from another member of the Hilton family.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I just stayed one night August 17 while in town on business.
THE GOOD: Clean room and bathroom, great fitness center (with weights), updated rooms with granite counters and flat screen television, within a 5 minute drive to the airport.
THE BAD: I ordered a turkey club from room service and they actually said they did not have the fixings to make it. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I ate the breakfast buffet the next morning and it was terrible. I'm pretty sure the eggs were micorwaved. There was no fresh fruit cut up. And the home fries were like mashed potatoes. I can easily say this was the first time I was unable to eat the breakfast buffet at a Hilton family hotel.
I would say this, that if you stay here, do not eat there. I'm not sure if I will stay here again or not.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank GT6
Reviewed August 14, 2009

This hotel is located in an area I wouldn't want to walk through at night, the parking lot is poorly lit, the hotel is poorly managed, the rooms are dingy and there seems to be some confusion over the hotel's pet policy. Sammy, the manager on duty who would not provide his last name, was rude, unapologetic and particularly unhelpful when we eventually had to make other arrangements.

I travel extensively for business and pleasure and this was truly one of the worst experiences I've ever had at a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Top notch service, nice room, good food, highly recommend , would definately stay there again

L.M. SATCHER
TAMPA FL

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2009

enjoyed my stay. the room was nice and cozy. the staff was happy all the time when i saw someone that worked there they all said hi from housekeeping to the front desk. facilities was exceiltent comfortable space in he lobby to be with friends at the bar....
will be back...

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2009

I choose this hotel because it was close to the army base we were training at and it turned out to be the best trip ever.They had and out door pool that was in the perfect spot. The people were friendly and willing to help at every turn. I was given one of the best cookies i have ever had when i checked in . The shuttle service took me to the store to get a few items that i had left at home and even picked me back up from the store wow what a service that was

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#91 of 174 in Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!