“army tranning”

Ranked #94 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
ft lenoradwood
“army tranning”
Reviewed July 10, 2009

I choose this hotel because it was close to the army base we were training at and it turned out to be the best trip ever.They had and out door pool that was in the perfect spot. The people were friendly and willing to help at every turn. I was given one of the best cookies i have ever had when i checked in . The shuttle service took me to the store to get a few items that i had left at home and even picked me back up from the store wow what a service that was

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Home in WV,SC,TN
Reviewed July 7, 2009

As a Hilton HHonors Gold VIP Member, I have stayed at my fair share of Hilton Family Hotels, and the Doubletree Club Atlanta Airport isn’t on the top of my list. I arrived late at night and was promptly assigned my room. The one thing I noticed about this hotel compared to other Doubletree’s was that I was not offered the Doubletree Cookie, which was fine with me; I just felt it was a bit odd. The room was smaller than the rooms of the previous Doubletree’s I have stayed in, but it was adequate. I did notice that the bathroom was in need of improvements. For instance, I noticed that the wallpaper was peeling off of the wall in one portion. One final item that I felt was below the Hilton Family standard was that when I left my hotel at 9:00, the morning paper was yet to arrive, and the ones beside of the elevator were old papers. All in all the hotel was adequate for the price I paid.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed April 11, 2009

We stayed at this hotel Friday & Saturday night for a local volleyball tournament. We booked through a 3rd party agency and added Friday night only 24 hours in advance. When we got to the hotel (at midnight) they did not have that we had added Friday night. Luckily they still found us a room on a very busy night.

Overall it is a very nice hotel but front-desk staff could find more smiles to offer their guests throughout the stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 18, 2008

Rooms and public areas are nice enough.
Food at bar/restaurant was horrible.
Housekeeping was terrible - no new towels one day, no restock of tp, not emptying the trash, etc. etc.

No way i would stay here again.

Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Atlanta
Reviewed October 15, 2008

I stayed here for a conference, and specifically asked for a non-smoking room AND floor, because I am allergic to cigarette smoke. The floor that I was on was SOOO smoky, that I could smell the smoke wafting from the hallway under the door! There was no ice on any of the floors. We had to bring the laundry bag down to the restaurant to get ice from them, and when they finally ran out ( as was bound to happen, with an entire hotel coming to you all week for ice) that was it. We were all out. It was ridiculous. The shuttle came and went when it felt like it to and from the airport. I waited for almost an hour in the Atlanta heat for the shuttle upon arrival into town, after calling the hotel five times to find out when it would be coming. They of course would always say the driver was "en route". I requested that the CDC never use them again for a meeting, but I believe they did so this year as well, which is only a poor reflection on them. I'm sure they stick with them because of their close proximity to the airport, and their shuttle service, but there are other hotels in that same area from which they could choose. Don't stay here if you are looking to have a comfortable business-vacation.

• Liked — Close proximity to the airport.
  • Disliked — The construction, and hour long wait to check-in, preceded by an hour long wait for shuttle.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bridgeport, Alabama
Reviewed June 25, 2008

We stayed here for one night on June 16. Our arrival was late at night and we had an easy check-in for ourselves and our car. What I particulary liked about this hotel is that you could keep your car here for five days without paying an extra fee. The shuttle arrived on time to take us to the airport and when we came back, it was about five minutes late. It was very busy at the hotel shuttle pick-up, so maybe that was the reason it was late. Our room was nice, clean, and the perfect size for one night. The bathroom was also nice with Neutrogena face wash, shampoo/conditioner, and soap. What I was disappointed about was the breakfast. I thought it was included in our price and was met at the breakfast area with the reply that if we didn't have vouchers, we had to pay $13 per person for breakfast. That was pretty steep for the small amount of food we ate. Overall, this is a good place to stay because it is so close to the ariport and we could leave our car here free just for staying one night.

• Liked — The proximity to the airport
  • Disliked — Misunderstanding on breakfast
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed April 25, 2008

Stayed here the night of April 23rd and attended a conference held here on April 24th.

I found the staff to be courteous. The lobby decor was attractive and I liked the way that the lounge area was set up - very conducive for comfort and for socializing with a small group. We had dinner in the restaurant - the portions were not too big, but also not too small (just right!) and the presentation was lovely. Everyone enjoyed their orders (salmon in parchment, crab stuffed tilapia, cheeseburger, ribeye) all the food was tasty.

The room was large and the linens and decor were comfortable and attractive. However, the carpet, while not "dirty", definitely wasn't vacuumed well - pieces of lint here, a hairpin there. An old coffee filter had been left in my inroom coffee machice.

The conference room was large and the staff was attentive with keeping plenty of icewater available and the lunch was tasty.

Overall, the property has the potential of being an excellent hotel, but the small overlooked room details are what I remember and will make me think twice before I stay there again.

• Liked — Convenient airport location
  • Disliked — lazy housekkeepers
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Joandio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#91 of 173 in Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!