“Poor experience”

Ranked #95 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Augusta, United States
“Poor experience”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Heating/cooling system did not work- knob was broken- had maintenance come twice- food in restaurant poor and service slow- charged my company tax and would not provide a statement showing the appropriate credit- refused to charge parking to the business account

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

rick b, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Michelle R
Thanks for the post! I apologize for the issues you experienced during your visit. It is obvious that we failed to show you the level of service that we are capable of.
Rick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Atlanta GA, United States
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Phone System was either down or Attendants were too busy standing around not providing service. The Restaurant never answered it's phone and getting hold of the front desk was difficult to get them to get someone to get ahold of the restaurant. Room service was good but the Classic Club Sandwich was night and day different on the two days I got one and the brand new sealed mayo was not brand new and sealed. It was empty and opened. Cleaning maids didn't restock coffee and barely cleaned the room. Not Hilton quality.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

rick b, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Woodrow M, Thank you for the review. I apologize for the lack of service that you experienced during your stay. I will take this up with our team. We pride ourselves on offering our guests a clean room and service that exceeds expectations. It is obvious from your post that we failed to deliver the level of service that we are capable of.
I apologize
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Parking is $10 a day. You can tell this property never originally charged to park and decided to for some reason. I feel like the hotels next door dont. Perhaps a security issue? Not sure. Hotel lobby is very nice and spacious. The room was decent... good sized room, plenty of natural light to fill it up. Bathroom is smaller. The hot water took forever to come on in the sink. The showers hot water would randomly change temperatures. here were no plastic cups in the bathroom, just coffee cups. WiFi was decent, didnt use the TV much. Bed was fairly comfortable, and there was those random small pillows with the regular sized ones. Overall it wasnt impressive, but it was a clean comfortable stay and very close to the airport. It is a bit confusing to get into. Your GPS might take you past it and then way out of your way.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear DaysofThundr46, Thanks for the post. I am glad that you found our hotel clean and comfortable! We do enjoy a great location adjacent to the Airport.
Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This hotel seem decorated with worn out furnishings and getting the "handicap access" room when i am NOT a disabled person made me think that i would not book with Hilton chain for the future business trips but the friendly service throughout by the staff at this hotel thawed my unhappy thoughts by the end of my stay. Often, it is very obvious Doubletree hotels are not directly owned and managed by the Hilton management.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Miriee C, Thank you for the review! I am happy that you found our staff friendly and hospitable!
Bardstown, Kentucky
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Had made reservation just for over night so I could park my car here for the week. It was just a so, so hotel. Was told upon making reservation that parking was free for the week but upon booking in was told $10.00 night charge per night. Hotel was clean, beds weren't comfortable. Wasn't at all what I expected from Hilton. Not happy about parking fee either.

Room Tip: Ask about parking charge before booking
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Gail T, Thank you for your recent review. I apologize for the misunderstanding regarding parking. We do charge $10.00 per night to park which is less than half what the airport charges for parking. I am glad you found our hotel clean also
Atlanta, GA, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I called about 20 minutes past the 6:00 PM deadline to cancel my reservation, explained my situation, and the receptionist said that it would be no problem and that I would not be charged. A few days later, I checked my bank account and there it was, a charge for the full amount of the room. Now I'm in the process of trying to get reimbursed. I'll be sure to look for a non-Hilton hotel in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Jeff S, Thanks for the recent paost. Please contact me at rick.burnette@hilton.com I will look into the cancellation for you.
Eugene
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stay here only for the rate if all the other hotels in the area are booked. They have one good employee, the Bartender. He is actually one of the best bartenders I have seen in a while. Everyone else is friendly enough, but their actions say that they don't care at all about their jobs or you. The resturant employees act as if they have been smoking weed out back. The front desk will patronize you with smiles, but won't actually do anything to solve whatever issue you may be dealing with. I am a diamond member of the Hilton system, and this hotel is mediocre at best.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Jack F, thank you for the recent post. We do offer a great value and we do value our guests. I apologize that we did not show you the level of hospitality that we are capable of.
Rick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#91 of 173 in Atlanta
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!