DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
1,017 results
All reviewsdouble treeatlanta airportparking attendantwarm cookiesshuttle servicecorner roomfree shuttlebed was comfortableenjoyed my staythe room was niceinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I had a really good experience - I would recommend staying at the Double Tree- The service was outstanding and the quality was excellent. I always stay at the Double Tree Hotel- by far the best hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Ricky P, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Tsuggs38, We really appreciate you taking the time to post your review of our hotel. Thanks for the kind words, we look forward to seeing you again real soon.
RIck

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We landed in ATL @ 10 AM and took a CAB to the hotel. Note: The website I booked thru (Expedia), didn't mention that there was a free shuttle!

Nevertheless, the staff was really helpful! Their were no rooms available for early check-in, but they checked our bags so that we could head out for out meeting.

The lady behind the desk called a cab for us. I think it must have been a friend of hers. The cab was old and reeked of cherry air freshener. We had to travel about 40 miles to our destination and when we arrived, ($75 later) we were informed by the driver that he only took cash. Ahem...

Back to the hotel.

Standard fare as far as a business hotel goes, but once we were finally allowed to check in, we both received calls asking if everything was copacetic with our rooms. A very nice touch!

Kind of in the boonies, but we walked to a Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. (About a mile.) As the weather was pleasant, it was no hardship.

The hotel has a restaurant, but we didn't try it.

Needless to say, we took the FREE shuttle to the airport the following morning.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear alwazegr8, thanks for the review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We try to make every guest feel like they are at home. We are really trying to up our game on service! We look forward to seeing you again real soon!
Rick

Reviewed November 8, 2013

My corner room was decidedly tired looking, with a large stain in the center of the room and peeling wallpaper in the bathroom. Service at breakfast was somewhat lackluster; I would consider this hotel at the bottom of the Doubletree chain. Next time I need an overnight at ATL, I will look elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Ricky P, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Peter E
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. post, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon. I have had the room inspected and the carpet cleaned and the wall vinyl repaired, I understand you have a choice as to where you stay. If your travels bring you back to Atlanta please contact me directly so I can show you the hospitality that we are capable of.
Rick Burnette
Rick Burnette

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We (2 adults and a child) flew into Atlanta late on a weeknight and needed a nearby place to sleep before picking up a rental car and heading on our way. The Doubletree by the Airport was a bargain for the HHonors points and had a complimentary shuttle.

The shuttle is is on a 30-minute circuit - leaving the hotel on the top of the hour and 30 minutes after. It leaves the airport at 15 and 45 minutes after the hour. The drivers are very friendly and helpful

The lobby, lounge area and restaurant were attractive and the bar area was hopping. Staff were efficient and friendly. So, up to the room.

The room itself was what we would expect for a Doubletree - 2 comfortable double beds, nice TV and desk area, but we noticed a few housekeeping issues. The shower had 2 rows of tile with lightly moldy grout that could have used some bleach or vinegar and the 2 pice shower curtain was partially unsnapped with one or two missing completely. There was only 1 drinking glass in the room. Minor items, but not quite Doubletree standards. I discovered the real rrom issue a little after 5am when rush hour began. The room overlooked a very busy highway and there was little or no sounding proofing from the traffic noise. The volume cranked up closer to 6am when the trash dumpster was emptied. No sleeping in here, but the excellent coffee from the restaurant reduced the grogginess.

Overall, the Doubletree was fine for our needs. Perhaps we've watched too many Hotel Impossible episodes and noticed the small issues, but I would definitely recommend earplugs.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Everything from the shuttle pick up, check in, bed comfort, appealing decorations, cleanliness, friendly employees... to timeliness of the return trip to the airport was as smooth and pleasant as possible.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo