“Dirty and dated”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport
Ranked #95 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night after arriving into Atlanta on evening flight. This was a really disappointing hotel and I am usually a big fan of Doubletrees. The hotel is very dated and is well overdue a facelift. My room however was not very clean - lots of hairs in bath, around toilet, in sink and on the desk. Hotel couldn't change room but came to clean whilst I had dinner - bath was cleaned but the rest of the hairs were still there. I felt uncomfortable and grubby throughout my stay. The only redeeming feature was the meal which was good.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed at this property on consective weekends and was looking for a lower priced property convenient to the Atlanta airport as I was combining personal and business trips on consectutive weeks. I found an AARP rate well less than $100 for both stays, although standard rates were not much higher. I was a little leary due to the price, but had stayed at this property a few years ago. I was expecting the quality to have gone downhill, but was very surprised and pleased at the cleanliness and overall service. In addition, you have the option to leave your vehicle parked at the hotel while you travel by air and the daily price is less than options at the airport with 24 hour security. If you are looking for a lesser priced, good value property, I would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The staff at this hotel was very helpful. They provided a wheel chair for us to use with our elderly mother and this made a big difference in our trip. The hotel was clean and well maintained. The location was great for a early morning departure time as it is near the airport.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I come to the Atlanta area once a year and this is the first time I stayed at this Hotel. Probably, my best experience compared to the other Hilton chain hotels I have stayed in the past. Staff friendly, helpful and efficient. Very roomy, spacious and the food was good here. Highly Recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I had a great nights sleep and the hotel is super close to the airport. My only issue was the hot water. I got in the shower at 4 am, and it took about 15-17 minutes for my water to get hot.
If you stay, turn the water on and let it get hot first.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Non-smoking room smelled heavily of smoke. I was offered a "refreshing" aka someone would come and spray Febreeze around....uggghhh!! After explaining my nose stuffs up due to smoke and perfume from Febreeze, I was assured the refresh would help and then after declining I got a begrudging offer to be moved to another room. I recognized that I was likely to get a worse room (retribution), so I declined.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Very nice, quiet setting for being so close to the airport. Maintainence of facilities was superb. The drivers. Adam, Tay, Steve and Aldrin were the best I've experienced in my decades of business travel. Now the downside. Room service was horrific. 4 week stay. I discovered that my sheets had not been changed until I asked at the start of week 4. Hotel publishes that this is done every 3 days. Not even close. Front desk staff friendly but not necessarily helpful

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#90 of 172 in Atlanta

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!