“Suprisingly Unimpressed for a Doubletree”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport
Ranked #92 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was really excited to stay at the Doubletree over 4th of July for my uncle's wedding. The location was ok especially with quite a few restuarants and bars within walking distance, but I was put off by being charged to park there. When approached the front desk staff told me that since I was with the wedding they would waive the $50 it would have cost me to park, which was great, however she said it loudly right in front of other guests who were being charged the fee. Not super professional. Despite that, the front desk staff on the day of check in was one of the few nice things about our stay. The rooms were shabby, not like I am used to at double tree, and the bathroom tile had a ton of mold, etc. in the grout. My reservations were screwed up and they were actually considering asking me to move to another room halfway through my stay! They did a pretty good job on the wedding although they only food that was actually tastly was the tossed salad. Salmon was extrememly fishy and dry as well as the chicken and the rolls were hard. The worst part of our trip was the night of the wedding (the last night of the trip). We had to go out into the lounge to get drinks, which was not a big deal, but the bartender who was working that nigh and the night (the 5th and 6th of July) before was a mess. He would charge all sort of different prices for drinks depending on how you paid, etc. and I think he was pocketing some money. For example, my husband ordered a beer and 2 vodka & cranberries for our table and it cost $23. He then a hour later went to get 2 more vodka & cranberries and it cost him $23. I got a cosmo and a glass of wine for my sister and it cost me $11. When my sister went to refill my cosmo, he charged her $11 for just the cosmo. He also allowed a few guests to charge thier drinks to the Bride and Groom's Wedding bill without their permission! We attempted to talk to the front desk and ask for a supervisor on duty, but ere met with snotty attitudes and told to speak to the hotel manager the next day. When told that we were leaving at 6am to catch our flight home, her were rudely told, "that's life" I have left a message for the hotel manager but have had no response yet. Between the general lack of that little bit of luxury I have come to expect and the sub-par staff, I have also written corporate because frankly, I probably won't stay in another doubletree again and I certainly won't stay there the next time I am in Atlanta!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in order to catch a flight from ATL. Although the property felt somewhat dated, there were other considerations that made up for that shortcoming. First, the staff were friendly, helpful, and totally professional. Not only did we get extra cookies upon check-in, but they even made sure that our shuttle made it to the airport despite an emergency that affected the scheduled driver. It was also nice that our room was quiet and had a great view of the airport (if you like that sort of thing). While the parking was not free, the attendant on duty gave us a tip for an online site that resulted in a discount, so we paid far less than we would have otherwise-either on the property or at the airport. That was a nice touch. So, if you can overlook the fact that the property needs some updating and focus on the great people and the location, then this place emerges as a worthwhile option. We would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floor. These rooms are more quiet and the rooms facing the airport have...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

This is by far the worst experience I've ever had at Doubletree. First off when you get to hotel you have to pay to park. There were stains on the carpet leading to the elevator. The bathtub tile in our room was molded and stained. They also ran out of cookies. I will never stay at this Doubletree again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank trec79
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Spent two days with spouse on business trip. Check-in handled pretty quickly (online check-in wasn't working). King room. Spacious with desk/chair and easy chair+ottoman. Lighting is adequate. Bathroom updated with very nice fluffy towels. Single-serve Wolfgang Puck coffee plus two varieties of tea. Fridge and microwave available upon request. Nice business center with lots of supplies, fitness room and pool. Large parking lot but fee for parking. Quiet setting off Virginia Ave, but close enough to restaurants (walkable). Free shuttle to airport every 30 minutes. Good breakfast. Free wifi. Will return in a few weeks for another business trip.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Saranger
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night whilst on transit to London. The hotel has spacious rooms and comfy beds. The bathrooms are spacious enough.

Upon our early hours of morning arrival and quick check-in, we were advised of the breakfast options at the hotel restaurant or at the local diner which is about a 5minute walk away.

We had a sound and comfy sleep which was not affected by noise because the hotel is not in a predominant residential area.

Following check out, we proceeded to the local diner and had a lovely breakfast which was good value for money.

The hotel operates a free airport shuttle which we later boarded and returned for our flight home.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ZamyH
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

This Doubletree has to have the most friendly and professional front office staff. I had the pleasure of having Dayleen at check in and check out. He went out of his way to make sure my family was squared away nicely - we even got some warm cookies. Management/ I hope you can award and continue to encourage this level of professionalism.
The rooms were clean and just about what you would expect from an Airport hotel. The location was perfect to reach most interstates.
The hotel breakfast left much to be desired. The buffet food seemed like warmed leftovers.
All in all- I would return to the hotel especially if catching a flight since they offer a shuttle service but would skip the breakfast.
Again/ thanks Dayleen.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank 1pickyparent
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My company puts me up here so I'm not sure about the value. It's hard to get a good nights sleep here. The air-conditioning unit is in the room and has a loud fan. Even when the air-conditioning unit is off the walls are very thin and it's easy to hear the TV in the next room. It does come with the coffee maker, iron, ironing board and of course cable TV. The pillows and the bed are above average as far as comfort. The room is clean and although a little on the noisy side the air conditioner works well.

Stayed: May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#89 of 172 in Atlanta
Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!