“Convenience outweighs customer service.”

Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #83 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Devizes, United Kingdom
“Convenience outweighs customer service.”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I booked this hotel as it was close to our office. Never again. Upon check in, I asked for late checkout as my flight isnt until 11pm. They are fully booked so couldn't help. Told them I would pay and immediately found availability. Huh? Why didnt they offer this in the first place?? I knew I would have to pay. Today I asked what time I would have to checkout...1pm. I told them I had offered to pay.....changed their mind to 6pm.... not like the 8pm I originally asked for. I pointed this out and they changed their minds. Air conditioning so noisy I couldn't sleep. Room faces multi story car park. Colleagues have no internet access. Its not cheap and its certainly not cheerful.

Room Tip: Try the Hilton....
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
penelope1976
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have previously reviewed this hotel, and gave it a positive review. However, our experience this weekend was subpar.

I will start by saying the staff was FANTASTIC! They waived the parking fee because of an issue with the parking garage card we were given. Additionally, they were very friendly when we checked in, even with a ton of guests in the lobby waiting to check in.

Here's the bad part. We stayed before, and loved it here, so maybe this is just an isolated experience. Our room had a very bizarre smell... Bizarre being not good.. a mixture of cigarette smoke, bleach, and something else. I thought maybe the room had just been cleaned when we entered it, but even after we returned from being out all day the weird smell remained.

Additionally, it was very noisy. So much so that I was startled by a loud noise in the room next door. Again.. this could just be an isolated incident since the hotel was very crowded while we were there.

My other experiences with this hotel were good, but I just fear that the quality of the hotel is on the decline. I probably won't be back after this stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This hotel is one of the best Courtyards I have stayed at. My only dislike is the $20 for self parking across and down the street. I probably would not have minded if it wasn't pouring rain.

The hotel is wonderful and the service was above par. The rooms were a good size even with 4 people in it. No complaints from us. We will stay there again.

Room Tip: Order a front room- they are building a garage on the backside.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Evans
Reviewed July 28, 2013

What a nice hotel! In the middle of Buckhead with some great restaurants within walking distance. Maggiore's Italian restaurant was just perfect. We had the most amazing crab and shrimp cannoli. The tiramasu was unbelievable. The ambiance and service were beyond great. The corner bakery, which is right next door to Maggiore's, has a great breakfast. You can sit outside and people watch while enjoying great coffee and pastries. If you have kids, make sure to take them over to Centennial Park to play and splash in the water area. You will have to drive,but it's worth it.

• Stayed July 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We checked in late and left early. The Front Office Manager checked us in. She was very polite and upbeat at 10:00 pm. Early in the morning when we checked-out the GSA was fantastic. A great value and location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Northern Virginia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel at least 5-6 times in the last year with my most recent visit on 23 June 2013. Each time I have had an excellent experience. The staff is very friendly and competent, and I find the rooms to be very quiet and comfortable. The selling point for me is the Breakfast Bistro, where a warm smile and delicious breakfast is always experienced. Location to the MARTA is within easy walking distance as are several good restaurants. I've looked for reasons to try the other hotels in that area, but the Courtyard keeps me returning each time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Spent the weekend here since we were in town for a wedding. We arrived into ATL on a Friday morning and called to see if we could checkin early. They declined citing the hotel was sold out the previous night so we explored the city instead. The lobby area is new with a modern feel to it. The rooms also appeared to be recently furnished and were clean.

My two complaints were that sound from hallway travels into the room, so you will hear some door slamming, loud talking from the hallway. If you're a light sleeper, get a room far from the elevator. The other was that the lotion bottle was half empty. Obviously it hadn't been changed/refilled from the previous guest. Otherwise it's a nice hotel and I'd stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple