“Good business hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #84 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
South Florida, Florida
“Good business hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times with both my family visiting the area along with on business. Very good location for downtown Atlanta and the Buckhead area. Very friendly staff. Plenty of parking. The rooms are the same as one would find at other properties. Nice quiet pool surrounded by tall pines makes for a very quiet time away from the hustle and bustle of the area. Good restaurants close by make this a property I won't hesitate to visit again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeff M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Chattanooga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

A great place to stay .! Centrally located close to a great mall (Lenox)? Loved the Bistro, visited there quite often for my mommy time out of room. (starbucks) yum. The staff were very helpful and always kind. Loved all info they gave us about how to take the Marta and where to eat. Lots of good food all around..(We tried out Ciao Bella Italian? my husband ordered me a chicken marsala roll omgoodness!) Close to Kroger .... Zestos had the best pattymelt Ive had ,even my two year old had some. YOu can walk to just about anywhere, safe surroundings. Our room was clean and warm. My family and I loved it! WE will return. Loved Buckhead... So pretty and southern. Regal neighborhoods. If you want to see attractions, buy the bundlepack in Atlantas Citypass..worth it! You get your tickets all at once in a booklet and really dont have to stand in line at ticket booths as long. I already miss it.

Room Tip: We stayed on 8th floor and had a great skyline view of the area..
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank prissyg1rl
Harrisville, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for business. The staff at the hotel were the best I have seen in any hotel. They were friendly, efficient, helpful, and courteous. They were always looking for opportunities to be of assistance. The hotel is very clean and the small cafe and bar is convenient. There aren't any places to run outdoors other than city streets. Found a yoga studio only 4 blocks away.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank LMcNic
Saint Matthews, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Spent the weekend here and it was great. The checkin was smooth and Christian (I think that was his name) was super nice. So was the everyone else. The Bistro was good as well. A little expensive but the food was good. Stayed on the 6th floor with a great view. Nice area for shopping and eating!!! The only thing I could say bad is the parking was $20 a day. Other than that it was a wonderful stay!!!

Room Tip: High Floors are the best!!! The view is excellent.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Trissta G
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have visited this property for approximately 10+ yrs at least once a year, and I am sad to say it is losing its appeal. Initially, it housed an excellent retaurant (unique to Courtyards in general) which served breakfast and dinner, and the chef was very competent. That has since disappeared. On this last visit I was informed that the valet parking is now no longer available due to cost factors...hmmm, and all this time I thought I was paying for it! If you are a fitness buff you will fined the fitness area small, which one can easily adapt to, BUT, there are no wipes available (cost?) with which to clean the equipment, and the overall impression/appearnce is that this area has not had a deep cleaning for some time from floor, to equipment, etc. And finally, the overall appearance of the property is not the usual crisp and clean impression that this property once projected. It once had a vibrant feel but that is gone! Oh, and I forgot to mention that when I took my shower I noticed that whomever ordered the shower curtains, did so but misssed the measurement by 4-6 inches...too long! Hence, you are standing on the end of the shower curtain while bathing! I don't know about you, but that creeps me out! I would hope the tub is cleaned by housekeeping, but the curtains? I think not. It's just plain creepy to be standing on something that a prior guest did similarly. CREEPY! On that issue I spoke to the general manager and shared my 'creepy' sense, hoping that by my return later that evening I would find the matter addressed...not so...nothing was done!
As to the isssue of valet parking, this is a business centered hotel property and I always reserve a suite to facilitate meetings and interviews, etc. Now I am faced with helping my guests find parking? Not exactly the appearance I am accustomed to at all! All this said I must express my satisfaction overall with the front desk staff who are personable, attentive, and friendly...but the jury is out as to my whether my future plans to Atlanta will include this property. As a Marriott Platinum Rewards member I sad to see a propety with so much potential languishing in mediocrity.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is a good business option if you need to stay in Buckhead. The rooms were clean and the staff helpful. You should be careful with the on-site parking as it is often filled beyond capacity. It is also difficult to locate if you are not familiar with the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank demetgolf
Henstedt-Ulzburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed two nights in this hotel. The rooms are big and nice, only the curtain needs a wash. The rooms are quite. Mine was on the ninth floor.

Urprisingly breakfast is not included in the weekend rate.

There is one wish. I used a GPS to find the location. There is just a little sign with the hotel. Since there are a couple its not easy to see. The hotel is located in a side street and not visible from the main street. Advantage is that there is no noise coming from the traffic.

Room Tip: Take a room up since there is more light.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business