“Very nice”

Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #83 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The executive suite was large and accomodating. The king size bed was so comfortable. The food in the resturant was good. Overall, it was a great stay and I can not forget to mention how great the hotel staff was, from the valet attendant to the front desk attendant. Only downside, parking is expensive. 18.00 for self-park and 21.00 for valet. For three bucks more, you may as well choose valet. However, access to free internet throughout the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Sue M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience! I'm glad to hear our hotel met your expectations and I'll be sure to share your comments with our team. Our complimentary internet is a great amenity as most travelers need access for both work and peronal reasons. It is customary for urban hotels to charge fees for parking due to limited space and we are careful to keep our parking fees in line with other hotels in our area.

Thank you once again for the review and we hope to be your hotel of choice when you are visiting the Buckhead area.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed here one night before our visit to the Georgia Aquarium the next day. We turned in points for our room, and were complimentary upgraded to a 2 room suite with a balcony upon our arrival. This was a nice and appreciated surprise. The suite was clean, spacious and nice, but the bathtub could use an upgrade. The balcony was a nice surprise. We enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant the next morning. What would bring me back to this Courtyard though -- staff! They were outgoing, helpful and super friendly!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review. We try our best to show our appreciation to Marriott Reward members so I am delighted to hear we were able to upgrade you to a suite. Our bathtubs are a work in progress as our maintenance team continues a resurfacing project. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast and our wonderful staff.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband is a platinum rewards member. We stayed at this hotel for two nights Fri/Sat in August. Due to a family medical emergency, we needed to come to ATL for the weekend to visit a hospital in Buckhead. Since I lived in ATL years ago, I know the area and found this hotel to be within a few miles of the hospital. The location was about the only positive I found.
Since we stayed on the weekend, I can only comment about that. I am sure this would be a good bet for the business traveler. However, on the weekends, I'm a bit skeptical about recommending it. There were some scary looking people in the lobby when we pulled in. I had read several reviews about this hotel being on priceline for $45. That was my 1st clue.
Since my husband is platinum, I expected a little more enthusiasm at check in. It is only the 2 nd time we have used points for a quick stay, and believe me, this is not the place to "waste" your hard earned points. I guess they are accustomed to the $ price line budget traveler. The desk clerk never even acknowledged platinum status and even made the comment that " Oh, I see that you are here on points.". Believe me, I regretted using those points! Wish I had just paid the $45 on priceline instead. Now, at least at the JW Marriotts or any other properties, platinum status gets you an upgrade. Well at this hotel, it gets you a guilt trip for using points and a really nice room next to the elevator. Loved the humming/buzzing noises all night! There were lots of big groups of people that liked to talk loudly and slam doors till 3am. I don't think the weekday business traveler would need to address that though. It was just a place to sleep at night and the location was convenient. Nothing special...average at best.
My husband was really disappointed with this Courtyard. He wished we have just stayed at another Marriott property. He kept apologizing...I guess he was embarrassed by the dullness of the property. We just needed a place to sleep for 2 nights while we visited our family member in the hospital. That's exactly what we got. Nothing special...just average. I'd stick with the Marriotts in Buckhead.

1  Thank Blondie4u2

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to hear our location suited you well during your visit.

Please allow me to apologize for the negative impression you may have had due to the way you were greeted upon your arrival and noise you encountered. At times our Front Desk representatives will acknowledge that you are redeeming points as a way of verifying your information. Rest assured, we truly value each and every guest and realize those who have enough points to earn free nights are indeed our most loyal customers. With regard to noise, please be sure to make us aware of these challenges during your stay as we take these matters seriously and would have taken necessary steps to make sure you had a restful evening. We will reviw your comments and address the matters with the respective departments in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

We appreciate your loyalty and we hope to get a chance of hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed here with a big wedding party and it worked out great. The place itself if very clean, bright and airy. The pool is indoor, but they allowed us to go to a sister hotel down the road with an outdoor pool. We had a both 2 queen room and a suite. They were both fine, but the suite was outstanding. This is where many of the family got together throughout our stay. As good as the amenities are, the staff is what really shines. They helped us coordinate activities and gave good recomendations and directions. In particular Tony helped us with a few minor issues and always remembered us when we went through the lobby. The proximity to MARTA is also a plus since that makes it easy to get to many of Atlanta's attractions. We can heartily recomend this hotel for a large party and it would be great for a getaway too.

Room Tip: The suites are about as big as 2 whole rooms if you want to splurge
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kerry O
Sue M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you for your review! It was such a pleasure to read. I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed our spacious suite and the other amenities provided. Our team is dedicated to making sure each guest has a memorable experience and Tony is no exception. He truly has a passion for service and he does do a great job at the front desk. I will be sure to share your comments with Tony and the rest of our team.

Thank you once again for taking the time to give us this feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

If you're looking for a great stay, The Courtyard Marriott in Buckheadt is the place to stay. This location is within walking distance of the Atlanta Marta train system, several restaurants, and shopping.
The Jones Family Reunion hosted their 65th annual reunion at this great hotel. Service was excellent, all staff members very courteous, polite and helpful.
This is a great location just a few miles outside of downtown Atlanta. The rooms are very nice and comfortable; especially the suite.The suite it is very spacious and has a separate king size bedroom.
We all were very pleased with our three night stay at The Courtyard Marriott Buckhead.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Ajones80449
Sue M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you so much for allowing our hotel to host your reunion. As you mentioned, our hotel is conveniently located close to Marta and plenty of shopping and dining establishments. This, along with amenties such as our indoor pool, large suites and complimentary shuttle service, makes us a perfect choice for reunions and other groups. Thank you once again for your comments and we hope to welome you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I just finished organizing and hosting a small reunion at this hotel and it was wonderful. The hotel staff was not only helpful but genuinely friendly. They were knowledgeable about the area and its resources. The hotel itself was clean and upscale but not in a snobby way. We had several children with us and we were never worried that they would be a disruption. One of the Bistro staff even encouraged one of our kids to keep singing during breakfast.:) The pool and fitness area were nice. The breakfast food was AMAZING. Very tasty. Our group enjoyed the veranda outside and was able to walk easily to local restaurants, the Lenox mall, and MARTA. Thank you!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Jade B, Thank you so much for your review regarding your experience. It is such a delight to read that you and your family enjoyed our your stay with us. Our goal is to make each guest feel at home during their time here (even if that means singing a song breakfast). Thank you once again and your comments will be shared with our entire staff!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice hotel but rooms on the small side, (especially for families) but an excellent location for peachtree road race, Marta only a few blocks, hotel did have free shuttle to business within 3 mile distance...took advantage of this and went and ate out at cheesecake factory. Bed was comfy. Parking not free.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Hello and thank you for taking a moment to write a review. I am so glad you chose to stay with us for the Peachtree Road Race. As you mentioned, our location is perfect for those who need a hotel that is convenient to so many Buckhead attractions. We have a number of rooms types to choose from. Our hotel features King rooms, rooms with 2 Double Beds, 2 Queen Beds and our very spacious King Suite offers a separate, private living area.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you for next year's race!