“Mostly good”

Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #83 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Nothing major to say about the property. Front desk staff was nice, the lobby and fireplace were pretty, and the fruit-flavored water was yummy. Did not eat at the restaurant. I enjoyed the decor, the room was a good size and modern (but a bit tight for my suitcase), nice desk for working. Got a good price for $98.

A few quibbles though: elevators were very slow and I think one was out of service; Wall Street Journals were all gone by 8 am Friday morning, which is kind of a big deal for me; housekeeping came around 9 on a weekend morning, walls were thin which meant a lot of noise from neighboring rooms and people walking by, and I couldn't figure out how to print from the computers in the lobby.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Joseph T

Reviewed December 13, 2011

It wasnt great and it wasnt bad. The valet and front desk were very friendly. I was there for my bday weekend. I had cash and my bank is not in Georgia. They waived the need for a credit card which was very appreciated. They gave me some hints for me and my girlfriend to do around the area. Only thing I can say was bad was the restaurant. I wish it had a better selection of food and was open later. But with all the restaurants in the area that stay open all night i couldnt really complain. Dont stay if your looking for the ultimate luxury. If your looking for a nice clean hotel this might be the place for you. Also the dates I stayed were in June so there was no construction at that time.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tnfuturedr
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Stayed here for a work meeting, the whole place is under construction. Smell of paint everywhere and banging and sawing can be heard throughout the day. Staff are not terribly friendly. No restaurant or proper bar or roomservice. Once the renovations are done, I am sure this place will be lovely, but check to see if construction is ongoing before staying here.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank KyleB60713
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Nice, Clean hotel. Nice rooms, nice staff, good location.
Great breakfast buffet, although they could use a little help to make things smoother.
Nothing fancy, great value for your money. More expensive during the week, prices go down during the weekend!!! Would stay here again when visiting Buckhead next time!!!

Room Tip: ac is not so good
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We stayed here for two nights attending a wedding in the Buckhead area. The location of the hotel is nice, and there is a free shuttle that will take you around to area sights. We got a very attractive rate, however the hotel was just ok, probably a bit substandard to most other urban Courtyard's we've stayed at. The renovations did not bother me, but the service was not rude but not friendly either, simply mediocre. The room was very humid unless the AC was put on at 68 or lower.

Again, this is a fine choice for someone looking for a quick stay and a fairly cheap room. That said, I wouldn't recommend this for special occassions or extended stays.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ncg1983
CourtyardBuckhead, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2011

So sorry to hear that you weren't impressed with the service during your stay. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest and we fail to do so, it is very disturbing to me. I will be sharing your thoughts with my team to make sure they realize that every guest should walk away with a "wow" feeling! Our new Lobby, Reataurant and Bar opening in mid January will certainly "wow" you so I hope you will come back for a visit!

Reviewed November 16, 2011

This was the hotel for the last 2 nights of a tour before flying back to Europe. The bedroom was well appointed-- a very large very comfortable bed & a reasonable room size for a city hotel. Breakfast was excellent. The key board on one of the computers in the lobby was extremely worn! I had reason to call the hotel when I returned home about a missing camera---Andy took my call & was so helpful----I subsequently located the camera at home-- but his excellent attitude to customer care has to be commended.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Personally, I didn't stay here but I wasted my time going to book and was told that the price
was $99 dollars and I told my wife and when I went to book the first night night was $99, and the second night was over $150.

Also, another deceptive practice is to include breakfast which is $109, well breakfast cost
$10 anyway. So $99 and $10 equals $109.

My wife and I won't be staying here and I you can firget about the rewards program.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your input. All Hotels base their rates on supply and demand. Rates can change based on the night of the week you are staying and whether it is a high demand night or not. The $109 rate you referred to as being $10 more for a $10 breakfast is actually $10 more for two adults and 2 children under 12. This is an excellent value. Marriott has bar none the best rewards program in the industry. The specifics of our rewards program can be found on marriott.com.