“Beautiful and Affordable”

Ranked #84 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Richmond, Virginia
“Beautiful and Affordable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

This hotel was great. Very nice rooms. Very clean and very helpful, friendly staff. The only downside at this time was restaurant and bar were not open for business. Remodeling them I am guessing.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank bigpappa56

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

The staff at Courtyard Marriott Atlanta Buckhead are the best. I do a lot of travel on business and its always refreshing after a long day a client come back to a place of where you are recognized by all the staff and greeted with a smile and a sincere hello.

One thing that I find about the staff is that they know the good local dining eateries. Buckhead has a good number of fine dining with walking distance and they provide a Van service if you don't feel like walking.

Room Tip: Be a member of the Marriott Rewards programs.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank rcflyer2010
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2011

Will stay here again. Walking distance to good Buckhead resturants, staff was very friendly. Valet parking is nice after a long day. I'll stay again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Sulphur, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

The hotel staff was incredibly friendly. I have never stayed at a hotel with such a wonderful staff. They were more than willing to address any question or need that I had during my stay. The decor throughout the hotel was calm and welcoming. I was most grateful for the hotel van service. Using the van service, I was able to visit the nearby Lenox mall, arrive dry at my meeting one rainy morning, and even go to Radio Shack to buy a charger for my phone. Thanks, Fred. The warm coffee and cookies in the afternoon was just icing on the cake.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SSC014
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

I was in Atlanta on business and stayed at this hotel for the first time and loved it. The hotel room was great with all the latest in amenities (flat screen tv and free wifi). But what really impressed me the most was the outstanding level of service I experienced from every staff member with whom I came in contact. After a busy day I was tired when I arrived and went to the bar/restaurant for a beer and dinner. There is only a limited bar menu available and the staff almost ran me off by suggesting I go to one of the many nearby great restaurants and the bell staf would even drive me and pick me back up. They were really looking after my wellbeing instead of trying to make a sale. (I stayed anyway & had a great pizza.) The location is great (only a short walk to two great malls, Lenox Square & Phipps Plaza.) I will definitely return.
Jay Kirkpatrick

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2011

Booked 11 customers in for 3 nights. Has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and I travel throughout Africa, Europe and US. Staff is extremely rude and inefficient. Save your money and find another hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ChickenI
CourtyardBuckhead, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
The Hotel is now under new Management. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I hope you will give us another chance as I know you will pleased with the new team.
Mercedes, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2011

From the night we arrived we were greeted (for lack of another word) by a rude older lady (Charlie). Due to the weather conditions and what this community was going through we did not complain about anything during our stay, but will not be returning. Charlie was just the beginning...the room fixtures were dusty, the mattresses and bed linen were old and in desperate need of replacement. Laundry facilities were old and dirty. Housekeeping did a horrible job refreshing the room daily, dirty towels were left behind, the floor in the shower/tub was filthy. This Marriott has to be #1 on my least favorite places to stay. I was attending a conference across the street at the DoubleTree and should have stayed there instead. I do have to say that Fred (driver) was nice and appeared to enjoy his job.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business