Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #81 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed January 4, 2009

We enjoyed our stay very much. Hotel was very clean. Staff was very friendly. Location was great! Just an FYI - Buckhead is NOT in downtown.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed December 30, 2008

Received special offer via Mariott email. This property is very well maintained. It is located close to Lenox Mall, which is only about a 7 minute drive away. There are several nice cafes (Caribou Caffee) and restaurants within walking distance. Georgia Aquarium is 20 minutes away. The property has ample parking available. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Our two bed room was spacious and very clean. The furnishings were immaculate. The bedding was very comfortable and the shower in the bath had excellent water pressure. Breakfast was so so. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2008

We booked the Fairfield Suites after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed. We stayed here for 2 nights at the start of a trip to a ranch in Madison Georgia. It is within walkng distance of Lennox Square Mall .and the Marta (railway)which takes you to downtown Atlanta.The staff are better than we have found in some 5* hotels across the world - very friendly and helpful, extremely pleasant- brilliant. Parking is good and the hotel is clean, comfy and well positioned for several good restaurants which are within walking distance. Try the Brazilian ( Fogo de Chou ) across the road for the best tasting steak and beef we have had. Atlanta Fish Market ( 2 min drive) is also excellent but book because it gets very busy. Would definately stay there again.

1  Thank Triisha
Reviewed September 3, 2008

Let's be honest. It's a Fairfiled Inn. It's not the Ritz Carlton and it's not Larry's Motor Lodge. It's pretty much what you expect from a good Fairfield Inn. This one's either fairly new or recently renovated.

In true national chain form, you'll get the green colored room and a decent continental breakfast. It's the fact that it's in Buckhead and still has Fairfield Inn prices that make this a good pick (and bump it from Average to Above Average in my rating). If you want to stay in luxury, this isn't for you. If you want a good hotel at a fair price in Buckhead, look no more.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2008

I was in Buckhead for a 3 day conference and this was one of the suggested places to stay. From my first contact, I was impressed. The entire staff is very harworking and polite. All of the employees spoke to me anytime we passed each other. Parking is ample and there are good breakfast choices. It was kept clean and well stocked. There was an indoor pool which I did not use. I had a king bed and it was very comfortable as were the many pillows I had. I like my room really dark at night and the blackout drapes were excellent. I left the "Do not disturb" sign on my door when I was at my meetings and they even slid a note under the door saying they respected my wishes but to call if I needed anything. The water pressure was awesome...wish I had it at home! I love to read the paper and a USA TODAY was outside my door each AM. There was an issue between my bank and the hotel over the bill and it was resolved swiftly by the hotel (can't remember employee's name who was so helpful...worn out from meetings!) You can't go wrong with this clean, excellent hotel:-)

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2008

Having a conference at the expensive Hyatt Regency in Atlanta, my search for a cheaper alternative resulted in a stay at the Fairfield Inn in the Buckhead region. Altough the hotel is not very reachable without a car, the Buckhead MARTA station is just 15 minutes of walking away (which can be quite a hassle with some luggage). Apart from the location, everything about this place felt right. The included breakfast was great, the pool and fitness room were fine but the best thing about this place was the staff and the little extra's they provide. From day to day we enjoyed free cookies, a free neck and shoulder massage, a complimentary shuttle to the MARTA station (on weekdays) and advise from the staff with a personal touch. The people at the front desk knew you and provided surprisingly well fitted suggestions for dinner, daytrips etc (they even offered to drive you to some places with their private cars!). Overall a very good place to stay in the Atlanta region if you are driving or are not afraid to walk 15 mins.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2008

My family and I stayed at this Fairfield Inn because we were attending an event a few streets over in Buckhead. We booked it because it had a great price for the weekend (~$110/night). This property is hands-down the most well-maintained Fairfield that I have ever stayed at (and I frequently stay at Marriott properties!). It sits near the corner of Piedmont & E Paces Ferry. Perfect location that is convenient to Lenox Mall, which is only about a 7 minute drive away. There are several nice cafes and restaurants within walking distance. The property itself has a HUGE parking lot. No scrambling to find a parking space before night falls. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The lobby was small, but the furnishings were clean and comfortable. The breakfast area was large, and the morning offerings were plentiful. Waffles, danishes, biscuit sandwiches, fruit, cold cereal, yogurt, juices, coffee, etc. This Fairfield has 5 floors and 2 elevators. The rooms are small-ish, but the furnishings were immaculate. The bedding was comfortable, and the shower in the bath had excellent water pressure. The rooms do have long 'hallways' from the room door, so the bed isn't visible when the door is opened. This was kind of wasted space (imho), but only a minor downside to the excellent accommodations. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family