“Excellent !!!”

Ranked #83 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Excellent !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2008

We booked the Fairfield Suites after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed. We stayed here for 2 nights at the start of a trip to a ranch in Madison Georgia. It is within walkng distance of Lennox Square Mall .and the Marta (railway)which takes you to downtown Atlanta.The staff are better than we have found in some 5* hotels across the world - very friendly and helpful, extremely pleasant- brilliant. Parking is good and the hotel is clean, comfy and well positioned for several good restaurants which are within walking distance. Try the Brazilian ( Fogo de Chou ) across the road for the best tasting steak and beef we have had. Atlanta Fish Market ( 2 min drive) is also excellent but book because it gets very busy. Would definately stay there again.

1 Thank Triisha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Music City, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2008

Let's be honest. It's a Fairfiled Inn. It's not the Ritz Carlton and it's not Larry's Motor Lodge. It's pretty much what you expect from a good Fairfield Inn. This one's either fairly new or recently renovated.

In true national chain form, you'll get the green colored room and a decent continental breakfast. It's the fact that it's in Buckhead and still has Fairfield Inn prices that make this a good pick (and bump it from Average to Above Average in my rating). If you want to stay in luxury, this isn't for you. If you want a good hotel at a fair price in Buckhead, look no more.

• Liked — Location. Not walking distance to much, but a short car ride to the shopping meccas of Buckhead.
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike. It was exactly what I expected.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
North GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2008

I was in Buckhead for a 3 day conference and this was one of the suggested places to stay. From my first contact, I was impressed. The entire staff is very harworking and polite. All of the employees spoke to me anytime we passed each other. Parking is ample and there are good breakfast choices. It was kept clean and well stocked. There was an indoor pool which I did not use. I had a king bed and it was very comfortable as were the many pillows I had. I like my room really dark at night and the blackout drapes were excellent. I left the "Do not disturb" sign on my door when I was at my meetings and they even slid a note under the door saying they respected my wishes but to call if I needed anything. The water pressure was awesome...wish I had it at home! I love to read the paper and a USA TODAY was outside my door each AM. There was an issue between my bank and the hotel over the bill and it was resolved swiftly by the hotel (can't remember employee's name who was so helpful...worn out from meetings!) You can't go wrong with this clean, excellent hotel:-)

• Liked — cleanliness, bed
  • Disliked — parked under a tree that dripped sap:-0
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Leiden, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2008

Having a conference at the expensive Hyatt Regency in Atlanta, my search for a cheaper alternative resulted in a stay at the Fairfield Inn in the Buckhead region. Altough the hotel is not very reachable without a car, the Buckhead MARTA station is just 15 minutes of walking away (which can be quite a hassle with some luggage). Apart from the location, everything about this place felt right. The included breakfast was great, the pool and fitness room were fine but the best thing about this place was the staff and the little extra's they provide. From day to day we enjoyed free cookies, a free neck and shoulder massage, a complimentary shuttle to the MARTA station (on weekdays) and advise from the staff with a personal touch. The people at the front desk knew you and provided surprisingly well fitted suggestions for dinner, daytrips etc (they even offered to drive you to some places with their private cars!). Overall a very good place to stay in the Atlanta region if you are driving or are not afraid to walk 15 mins.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2008

My family and I stayed at this Fairfield Inn because we were attending an event a few streets over in Buckhead. We booked it because it had a great price for the weekend (~$110/night). This property is hands-down the most well-maintained Fairfield that I have ever stayed at (and I frequently stay at Marriott properties!). It sits near the corner of Piedmont & E Paces Ferry. Perfect location that is convenient to Lenox Mall, which is only about a 7 minute drive away. There are several nice cafes and restaurants within walking distance. The property itself has a HUGE parking lot. No scrambling to find a parking space before night falls. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The lobby was small, but the furnishings were clean and comfortable. The breakfast area was large, and the morning offerings were plentiful. Waffles, danishes, biscuit sandwiches, fruit, cold cereal, yogurt, juices, coffee, etc. This Fairfield has 5 floors and 2 elevators. The rooms are small-ish, but the furnishings were immaculate. The bedding was comfortable, and the shower in the bath had excellent water pressure. The rooms do have long 'hallways' from the room door, so the bed isn't visible when the door is opened. This was kind of wasted space (imho), but only a minor downside to the excellent accommodations. We would definitely stay here again!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Room layout
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank chem_dr
Western Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2007

Attended a seminar at the InterContinental in Atlanta. This hotel was 1/3 of the cost of the InterContinental with free parking. They gave me a ride to the seminar every morning.

Nice hotel, convenient to everything in Buckhead. If you are looking for nice, not fancy, at a decent price - this is it.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2007

I am very surprised this hotel only has 2 stars. My stay at this hotel was during the Labor Day weekend. I must say this hotel gets a high rating in my book. I am a very detail oriented and critical person when it comes to hotels. We arrived at the hotel and were checked in promptly. Our room was very nice and very clean. I can't say enough about how clean the room was. The bed was comfortable.

We chose this hotel because it fit 3 of our criteria: free parking, free internet and free breakfast. So many hotels in the Atlanta area charge $20+ for parking.

If you do not have a computer to access the internet, the hotel has one right around the corner from the front desk. You don't need to bring a computer but they only have one computer with access so there may be a wait if someone is on it.

The breakfast was good. You can make waffles, heat up breakfast sandwiches and there was adequate coffee, juices and water. The only caution I would state is that the attendant to the breakfast area closes it down exactly at the time it's suppose to close. There was a couple that walked in 3 minutes after 10 a.m. and she basically took the toaster away without even asking if they were going to make toast. Other than that everything else was good.

An A+ goes to the housekeeping. The room was cleaned everyday of our stay. They did an excellent job. No complaints.

There is an indoor pool and jacuzzi. The indoor pool is small and only goes to 3ft.

Also the Lenox Square Mall in right around the corner from the hotel. There were plenty of restaurants in the area. I felt very safe and secure at the hotel.

I would stay there again.

• Liked — The cleanliness of the hotel. Free parking, internet access and breakfast.
  • Disliked — Slow elevators and no grace time for breakfast
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business