“Top to bottom renovation.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #80 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Houston, Texas
“Top to bottom renovation.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Fine location, next door to Corner Bakery, one mile to Lenox Mall, which was an easy walk. Rooms quite small, but comfortable. Standard free breakfast. Weekend stay, very quiet. Two caveats: No micro in room. No safe in room. Courteous staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Andrew S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! Our close proximity to the premiere shopping and dining venues in Buckhead make us a favorite of travelers visiting the Atlanta area. We try our best to make sure that our guests are comfortable and that our guest rooms are clean, comfortable and offer all of the conveniences of home. We will have microwaves in all of our guest rooms when our full renovation is complete. Until then, to ensure that our guests have everything they need, we have a microwave available 24 hours in our cozy breakfast room. Thank you for staying with us! I hope that you will visit us again when you come back to Buckhead!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This particular hotel has thought of everything, down to salt and pepper grinders on the breakfast bar. Even had a filtered water dispenser by the pool. Just wish the hot tub had been in service. Staff was top notch. Will definitely stay again. Oh, there are rocking chairs out front!

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your review! We strive to focus on the little details that make your stay relaxing, enjoyable and memorable. It's great to know that we've succeeded. I hope that when you're in town again, you will visit us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites-Buckhead. Thank you for being our guest!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just an overnight stay for business, but I would come back. Found a great AAA rate of $116.00 including breakfast. Convenient to business, restaurants and the airport - only 30 minutes at 7:40 a.m. on a Friday. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Don't be fooled by the "diner" across the street - extremely upscale, reservations recommended. Buckhead Bread Company is a nice upscale deli/coffee shop on the corner.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near elevators - noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Andrew S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel. One thing that is truly unique about us is that we offer incredible value in the luxurious Buckhead shopping and dining district. We are known for our incredible restaraunts! Buckhead has the tendency to pair an unassuming exterior with a posh interior, creating some of the most unique and indulgent culinary experiences to be had in the Atlanta area. When you come back to see us, I'd be happy to recommend some other fantastic local restaurants, like the frangrant and warm spices of Bhojanik or the soulful goodness of a local favorite, Fat Matt's Rib Shack. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were very impressed with the facility. Very neat and clean, loved the decor, good breakfast, staff was very nice and accommodating. Also, it was nice to see a Gideon Bible in the nightstand drawer - along with two other Christian booklets. Would definitely stay there if we are in the area again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to make your stay as enjoyable as possible by providing you with a clean, welcoming, relaxing place for you to unwind and recharge. We look forward to hosting you when you visit Atlanta again! Thank you!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here recently because we were in town for DragonCon. It was far cheaper and quieter than being crammed into the hotels downtown, and it's such a short, quick drive that you don't even notice it.

The positive things I can say are that the staff is extremely courteous. It's nice to go somewhere without stank attitude from customer service. Secondly, I can tell this place has been newly upgraded. The carpet was brand-spankin' new and our rooms were cleeeeeeeeeean as a whistle. Definitely stay here if you need quick easy access for downtown or Buckhead. High-falutin' restaurants in the area, but if you get out your smart phone you can find some hidden, reasonably priced gems.

The negative... First, what is up with NO microwave or refrigerator? To be honest, even a Motel 6 has these basic amenities these days. I didn't even think to ask when I made my reservations because ... who doesn't have a microwave or refrigerator? This was a huge sore point for us, because we DROVE 10 hours from DC to ATL. We had things we wanted to keep cold. Why buy a soda from a vending machine, when you already have a six pack that could have been stashed in a fridge? Leftover Chinese food? Yeah, just throw it away since you can't keep it cold overnight or reheat it the next day. We were able to get a very small (and useless) fridge but what if they had run out? We'd be up a creek, and we STILL had to get fully dressed and walk all the way downstairs to get someone to heat up our food. That's lame. You can do better, Marriott-branded hotel.

What was nuts is that there were about three microwaves sitting in that back room where they have the breakfast but when breakfast is over they lock everything up. Are you guys afraid someone is going to steal the microwave? Not only is the front desk manned 24/7, but there is also a camera. Relax, no one wants an industrial microwave anyway. One night, we gave our food to someone to reheat (which is ... gross), and the next night the guy just went in that room and put the microwave on the counter. You guys do know you can get some cheap Sunbeam microwaves for about $20 at Wal-Greens, right?

If you have babies and kids, you might want to skip this place. No place for baby bottles and kid food to be reheated the next day.

My last gripe is with the system. I made reservations months ago and got a nice confirmation email with how much I would have to pay. For some strange reason I forgot that we were arriving on Thursday and not Friday. A simple phone call fixed this. We were told that we would have a King room on Thurs, and a Queen room on Fri. All the rates were different so we had to move. Not a problem. They did a room transfer in their system and we switched rooms without having to check out.

But Monday night when I asked for the grand total, it was nothing like what I had been quoted. Apparently, when they did the room transfer, the transferred some other random rate. The front desk lady was very nice and helped us work it out, but Tuesday morning when I actually checked out the rate had reverted back to that other random rate. This desk clerk wasn't as nice as everyone else and he asked me to PROVE IT TO HIM that there had been another rate. Seriously, you guys don't have confirmation stuff stored in that system? He asked me to go to the business center and print out the email with the original rate on it. Why? You look it up. Because it was 4AM and I am less than personable at that hour, I went and printed the stupid rate so he could make the adjustment and we could be on our merry way.

Never have I felt like a liar before. Like I just showed up and demanded some random, stupidly cheap rate for no reason. Whatever. I liked the location and I liked that it was clean, but I can't give it five stars because at 2AM when I wanted my leftover Chinese food while watching reruns, I had to get up, get dressed and go all the way downstairs to ask some guy to heat up my food. Way to kill the mood, Marriott.

Also, the wi-fi was very slow.

Room Tip: No microwaves or fridges. Plan accordingly.
1 Thank WorfsBabyMama
Andrew S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you so much for providing such a throrough review of our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay during the busy DragonCon weekend, and found your accomodations to be clean, welcoming and convenient. We strive to provide all of our guests with "service that will make you want to return." That is one of our Promises. You are correct that all of our rooms do not have a microwave and mini-fridge. Though I realize that this may be an inconvenience for some, we do try our best to accomodate our guests by having refrigerators available upon request and having a microwave available 24 hours in our lobby. I appreciate your feedback about your staff interaction and will be sure to address your comments with my staff. If you plan on coming to DragonCon next year, please contact me directly so that I can personally book your reservations and ensure that you are upgraded to a room with a microwave and refrigerator to make your stay more convenient. Thanks again!
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great location, nice staff, and decent breakfast. Only thing I felt was odd was the fact they didn't have a microwave or Mini fridge in the room. I'm only saying this because most I've been to had both is all.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Des H
Andrew S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn and Suites Atlanta-Buckhead and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We strive to provide a comfortable, convenient and relaxing atmosphere for all of our guests. In addition to a public microwave in our lobby area, our suite and extended rooms are furnished with a microwave and refrigerator for your convenience. For our standard rooms, we are happy to provide refrigerators upon request. The next time you stay with us, please let us know what amenities would make your stay more comfortable and we will be happy to accomodate you as best we can. Again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here on a whim while travelling from Charleston to Tuscaloosa after spending the afternoon at the aquarium. We received good value for our money. The attendants and maids were all very friendly. Our room was very clean and still smelled new. The bed was comfortable. The room had plenty of light. There was a cool AMC theatre nearby with recliners to relax in while watching the movie. Hubby thought it was one of the greatest highlight of our vacation! The breakfast area attendant was so helpful and very nice. The breakfast was a notch above the usual"free" buffet with a grown up selection of cold cereal, decent oatmeal, fresh fruit, nice array of bread products, waffles, eggs and sausage patties. The area is congested and confusing somewhat, but worth the effort.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I'm so glad that you chose to stay with us and am happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and comfortable. Like you, many people like that our location is far enough away from the hustle and bustle of downtown, but still located in a vibrant and unique area of the city. The AMC Fork and Screen is a favorite of area locals, offering a new and relaxing way to take in a movie. I'm so happy that you and your husband had a chance to experience it. I hope that the next time you are passing through, you'll stop and see us again!