“Conveniently Located”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #76 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just an overnight stay for business, but I would come back. Found a great AAA rate of $116.00 including breakfast. Convenient to business, restaurants and the airport - only 30 minutes at 7:40 a.m. on a Friday. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Don't be fooled by the "diner" across the street - extremely upscale, reservations recommended. Buckhead Bread Company is a nice upscale deli/coffee shop on the corner.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near elevators - noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Andrew S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for staying with us! I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel. One thing that is truly unique about us is that we offer incredible value in the luxurious Buckhead shopping and dining district. We are known for our incredible restaraunts! Buckhead has the tendency to pair an unassuming exterior with a posh interior, creating some of the most unique and indulgent culinary experiences to be had in the Atlanta area. When you come back to see us, I'd be happy to recommend some other fantastic local restaurants, like the frangrant and warm spices of Bhojanik or the soulful goodness of a local favorite, Fat Matt's Rib Shack. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were very impressed with the facility. Very neat and clean, loved the decor, good breakfast, staff was very nice and accommodating. Also, it was nice to see a Gideon Bible in the nightstand drawer - along with two other Christian booklets. Would definitely stay there if we are in the area again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to make your stay as enjoyable as possible by providing you with a clean, welcoming, relaxing place for you to unwind and recharge. We look forward to hosting you when you visit Atlanta again! Thank you!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here recently because we were in town for DragonCon. It was far cheaper and quieter than being crammed into the hotels downtown, and it's such a short, quick drive that you don't even notice it.

The positive things I can say are that the staff is extremely courteous. It's nice to go somewhere without stank attitude from customer service. Secondly, I can tell this place has been newly upgraded. The carpet was brand-spankin' new and our rooms were cleeeeeeeeeean as a whistle. Definitely stay here if you need quick easy access for downtown or Buckhead. High-falutin' restaurants in the area, but if you get out your smart phone you can find some hidden, reasonably priced gems.

The negative... First, what is up with NO microwave or refrigerator? To be honest, even a Motel 6 has these basic amenities these days. I didn't even think to ask when I made my reservations because ... who doesn't have a microwave or refrigerator? This was a huge sore point for us, because we DROVE 10 hours from DC to ATL. We had things we wanted to keep cold. Why buy a soda from a vending machine, when you already have a six pack that could have been stashed in a fridge? Leftover Chinese food? Yeah, just throw it away since you can't keep it cold overnight or reheat it the next day. We were able to get a very small (and useless) fridge but what if they had run out? We'd be up a creek, and we STILL had to get fully dressed and walk all the way downstairs to get someone to heat up our food. That's lame. You can do better, Marriott-branded hotel.

What was nuts is that there were about three microwaves sitting in that back room where they have the breakfast but when breakfast is over they lock everything up. Are you guys afraid someone is going to steal the microwave? Not only is the front desk manned 24/7, but there is also a camera. Relax, no one wants an industrial microwave anyway. One night, we gave our food to someone to reheat (which is ... gross), and the next night the guy just went in that room and put the microwave on the counter. You guys do know you can get some cheap Sunbeam microwaves for about $20 at Wal-Greens, right?

If you have babies and kids, you might want to skip this place. No place for baby bottles and kid food to be reheated the next day.

My last gripe is with the system. I made reservations months ago and got a nice confirmation email with how much I would have to pay. For some strange reason I forgot that we were arriving on Thursday and not Friday. A simple phone call fixed this. We were told that we would have a King room on Thurs, and a Queen room on Fri. All the rates were different so we had to move. Not a problem. They did a room transfer in their system and we switched rooms without having to check out.

But Monday night when I asked for the grand total, it was nothing like what I had been quoted. Apparently, when they did the room transfer, the transferred some other random rate. The front desk lady was very nice and helped us work it out, but Tuesday morning when I actually checked out the rate had reverted back to that other random rate. This desk clerk wasn't as nice as everyone else and he asked me to PROVE IT TO HIM that there had been another rate. Seriously, you guys don't have confirmation stuff stored in that system? He asked me to go to the business center and print out the email with the original rate on it. Why? You look it up. Because it was 4AM and I am less than personable at that hour, I went and printed the stupid rate so he could make the adjustment and we could be on our merry way.

Never have I felt like a liar before. Like I just showed up and demanded some random, stupidly cheap rate for no reason. Whatever. I liked the location and I liked that it was clean, but I can't give it five stars because at 2AM when I wanted my leftover Chinese food while watching reruns, I had to get up, get dressed and go all the way downstairs to ask some guy to heat up my food. Way to kill the mood, Marriott.

Also, the wi-fi was very slow.

Room Tip: No microwaves or fridges. Plan accordingly.
1  Thank WorfsBabyMama
Andrew S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you so much for providing such a throrough review of our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay during the busy DragonCon weekend, and found your accomodations to be clean, welcoming and convenient. We strive to provide all of our guests with "service that will make you want to return." That is one of our Promises. You are correct that all of our rooms do not have a microwave and mini-fridge. Though I realize that this may be an inconvenience for some, we do try our best to accomodate our guests by having refrigerators available upon request and having a microwave available 24 hours in our lobby. I appreciate your feedback about your staff interaction and will be sure to address your comments with my staff. If you plan on coming to DragonCon next year, please contact me directly so that I can personally book your reservations and ensure that you are upgraded to a room with a microwave and refrigerator to make your stay more convenient. Thanks again!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great location, nice staff, and decent breakfast. Only thing I felt was odd was the fact they didn't have a microwave or Mini fridge in the room. I'm only saying this because most I've been to had both is all.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Des H
Andrew S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn and Suites Atlanta-Buckhead and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We strive to provide a comfortable, convenient and relaxing atmosphere for all of our guests. In addition to a public microwave in our lobby area, our suite and extended rooms are furnished with a microwave and refrigerator for your convenience. For our standard rooms, we are happy to provide refrigerators upon request. The next time you stay with us, please let us know what amenities would make your stay more comfortable and we will be happy to accomodate you as best we can. Again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here on a whim while travelling from Charleston to Tuscaloosa after spending the afternoon at the aquarium. We received good value for our money. The attendants and maids were all very friendly. Our room was very clean and still smelled new. The bed was comfortable. The room had plenty of light. There was a cool AMC theatre nearby with recliners to relax in while watching the movie. Hubby thought it was one of the greatest highlight of our vacation! The breakfast area attendant was so helpful and very nice. The breakfast was a notch above the usual"free" buffet with a grown up selection of cold cereal, decent oatmeal, fresh fruit, nice array of bread products, waffles, eggs and sausage patties. The area is congested and confusing somewhat, but worth the effort.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I'm so glad that you chose to stay with us and am happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and comfortable. Like you, many people like that our location is far enough away from the hustle and bustle of downtown, but still located in a vibrant and unique area of the city. The AMC Fork and Screen is a favorite of area locals, offering a new and relaxing way to take in a movie. I'm so happy that you and your husband had a chance to experience it. I hope that the next time you are passing through, you'll stop and see us again!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Just didn't work!
I have stayed at this hotel twice now and won't go back! I had rather not have kiddy swim lessons taking up the pool all morning although I was told I could swim too?..
Air condition was noisy, Internet on & off, so I had to go to the business room computer where I waited 2 hours for others to get off.
The exercise equipment is not maintained, the beds are uncomfortable and I itched???
I had it with this place- moving on!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Leelex
Andrew S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear that you found your stay to be disappointing. We are serious about our Promises to our guests and our goal is to always make you feel welcome and respond quickly to your concerns. I see that we were unable to do that last time you were here, but I would very much like to opportunity to host you again. You will be happy to know that we've made improvements all over, including our wireless iternet and AC untis. When you visit Atlanta again, please give me a call so that I can personally ensure that your next stay is trouble free.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We arrived late for a two night stay and had no problems checking in. Each interaction that I had with the front desk was what I expect from the Marriott brand, top notch service! I noticed that the hotel has recently been remodeled and it shows.
Our room was a king bed and we had plenty of room. However, the sink area outside the bathroom was pitiful. The counter space was so awful that you could barely set a can of hair spray on there. That just seems like a bad design.
The area was quiet and in a great part of town. Easy to get around to everything Buckhead has to offer. There are 3 different ways to get into the hotel. The back entrance to Maple rd we used a lot as it was easy to get directly to Peachtree st. You can also get to the hotel off of Paces Ferry Rd too.
The only negative thing that happened to me was the breakfast attendant on Saturday morning was less than attentive to my polite request for more waffle mix. After I asked, I watched her wipe off empty tables ( there were 5+ tables already clean), refill the sausage and eggs ( that were 70% full) and then she mentioned to me I'll have that out soon. Well, unfortunately for me I had somewhere to be at a certain time and could not partake in the waffle. But, I guess the other 3-4 people waiting behind with me got one :) Btw- I waited 5 + mins until she even acknowledged that she would be bringing it out. This is not acceptable to me.
Again, I wil be staying here when in town for Braves games, work functions, etc.. Highly recommend!
Maybe next time I'll get a waffle.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Andrew S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you found your accomodations with us to be comfortable and convenient. I am very sorry to hear that you were not able to get a waffle at breakfast the last time you stayed with us. I agree that this was not acceptable. We value our guests and take your needs (and wants) seriously. I will do everything that I can to ensure that this does not happen again, even if it means coming in early to mix a few batches of waffle batter myself. It means that much to me to see my guests happy and satisfied. The next time you visit, please ask for me. I would love to meet you and hear how your stay has been in person. Thank you again.