“Moderate - can be better”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #81 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Moderate - can be better”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

An affordable and decent hotel located reasonably close to I-85 and Atlanta download. Looks like the rooms need some renovation - wallpapers are coming off, bathroom doors doesnt close properly.
Couple of annoying things: the battery in smoke alarm was low and kept on beeping every 2 minutes. We informed the front desk but it was not fixed on the second day also. The other issue was shower. Shower head was very low - inconvenient for anybody over 5'6".
I had been to othjer Fairfield Inns. Overall they give good value and good experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank NMK-Here
Andrew S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your response! I am so glad that you chose to stay with us and take the time to share your thoughts. Let me start by apologizing about your smoke alarm. I can imagine that that was quite a nuisance during your stay, and I am terribly disappointed that we did not get this fixed for you right away. Certainly our goal is to respond quickly to all maintenance issues, and I am deeply regretful that we were not able to do this for you. However, we are in the midst of a 'refresh' at our property, where the old vinyl that you spoke of is being replaced, giving the rooms a new, contemporary feel. I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to deliver the excellent service that you have come to expect from the Marriott brand. I would very much appreciate that opportunity to assist you personally the next time you are in the area. Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn and Suites Atlanta-Buckhead.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed July 7, 2013

For the location the price is good, rooms are clean, however, the rooms are small and there is no microwave or refrigerator in the rooms.
The pool is relatively small with 2 raised drains in the middle, which if you aren't paying attention you will stub a toe on.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Blueeyedrunner
Andrew S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about our hotel. I'm glad that you found us to be a great value in Buckhead! Next time you stay with us, we'd be happy to offer you one of our Extended King rooms or Executive King Suites, which feature a microwave, refrigerator and wet bar area. Thank you so much for choosing the Fairfield Inn and Suites Atlanta-Buckhead!
Windermere, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Our experience at this hotel was very good. The room: very clean, very quiet, standard layout and space for this type of hotel. The Hotel: very friendly staff, good hot breakfast, FREE wifi. This is a SMALL hotel, in a busy part of town. Parking during the day is difficult because they share their lot with a business building, but it tended to open up spaces by the end of the day. The whole second floor was closed due to a remodel, so that is good to see that they are putting money back into the property. The Area: located off a busy street and a little tricky to locate. VERY nice restaurants located directly across the street (aka expensive and dress code required), but there is also a nice Waffle House a block down that is also within walking distance (a better fit for my two small kids).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Andrew S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much Jacqueline for your review of our hotel! You are absolutely right that we are located in the heart of Buckhead, the bustling Shopping and Dining district of Atlanta. While we are close to many high end restaurants like Bones and Ocean Prime, we are also close to many smaller, local, more laid back dining options like Fat Matt's Rib Shack and Buckhead Pizza Company. I'd love to make a dining recommendation for you and your family when you return. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our staff and our complimentary hot breakfast. I hope that you and your family will visit us again soon. I know you had a choice. Thank you for choosing us!
Memphis, Texas
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Buckhead for three nights. Our stay was great! Check in was easy and the clerk was very friendly and helpful. We were upgraded to a suite which worked out well since we have twin 1 year olds and the extra space made our stay much more comfortable. Our room was very clean and parking and internet were both free. There was also a free breakfast in the morning which had a make-your-own-waffle station, eggs, bacon, fresh cut fruit and surprisingly good coffee. The girls who worked the breakfast were always happy and smiling and did a good job keeping everything full. Both mornings we went downstairs for breakfast, the manager was there walking around talking to people and she even brought little toys to our table for the twins! We didn't get a chance to use the pool, but it looked clean and well maintained. The hotel overall was quiet and clean. The bed was wonderful and slept like a dream. But the best part of this stay was by far the staff. They were all so kind and always smiling and eager to help and never seemed too busy to take the time to answer our questions. This Fairfield was definitely a winner! We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Our room was at the end of the hall on the 4th floor. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tabitha J
Andrew S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you Tabitha for taking the time to review our property. It is our goal to make sure that we do everything we can to make our guests comfortable. I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your upgraded room, our complimentary hot breakfast and our welcoming staff. I hope that the next time you find yourself in the Buckhead area, you will come and visit us again! Thank you again for recommending us!
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Check in: Took 3 minutes. Front desk staff is nice as always.
Parking: Self. Free. Plenty of spaces. Park at the side spaces and you can use the side entrance conveniently.
Room: Standard Marriott chain . Spacious for me with a large king bed, work desk and a small seating area.
Beds-Pillows: Comfortable- again conforming Marriott Chain bed standards. Clean sheets.
Bathroom: Also clean, everything works. Only thing I don't like about hotel bathrooms in general is the shower or bathtub curtain. Entire world has already moved to glass doors in that area which is more hygienic, practical and aesthetic I think.
Noise: We asked for rooms not facing Piedmont , so no road noise at all. Insulation in general is also very good I assume because you also don't hear nothing from neighboring rooms.
Wifi: Used it all the time. Efficient.
Breakfast: Hot choices like waffles, eggs, and oatmeal plus standard bagel and cream cheese. Oh, and fruit salad freshly cut . Overall good breakfast.
Check out: Seamless.

Hotel has the best location in Buckhead area. On the best spot of Piedmont, there are 2 or 3 restaurants and a diner right across the street. Very close to Peachtree too. A 5 min drive to Lenox Mall. Around 15 min drive to Downtown Atlanta . From the hotel you can easily walk to a lot of bars and clubs if you are into nightlife. Hotel is well maintained, safe and comfortable all aspects. On the other hand , price most of the time is more affordable than a lot of other Buckhead hotels .So, if I were you I'd stop browsing and book my stay :)

Room Tip: Upper floor at main entrance side- quiet and with a view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ural_74
Andrew S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you for such a thorough review! It's great to know that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us to others. We do have quite an advantage when it comes to our location as we are in the heart of Buckhead and minutes away from all that Atlanta has to offer, without the headache of being in downtown. We strive to maintain the frienldy and effecient level of service that will make our guests want to stay with us again and again. I'm glad that your accomodations met your needs and hope that we see you again soon!
Alabama, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Hi! we visited for The ATL IT WORKS BOOTCAMP! I loved staying here! The staff was very nice and helpful. The building was very quiet. we were able to get some good rest. It was not too far from downtown or other areas. I didnt have time to use the pool but it was clean and no one was in there when I looked in when passing by. Free breakfast starts at 6:30 i believe. 1st morning i was down at 6:40 and only about 2 people were there. 2nd morning down at about 8:20 and the room was packed. Id suggest going early to find a seat especially if there are more than 2 in your group. parking was fine and everything was clean! the curtain didnt seem to close all the way to keep the sun out though. the 2nd night i used a hairclip to hold it together. happy visiting:) beds were very comfy

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to meet your needs while you were here. I hope that if you visit the area again, you will decide to stay with us and see our rooms once our refresh is complete. The rooms have a whole new feel, with new carpet, a new color scheme and new curtains (that you won't have to hold together with a hair clip). I appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your stay and look forward to hosting you again!
Carrollton, Georgia
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Spent a weekend at this hotel with my wife, daughter and son-in-law. Overall we had a very good experience with the property and services. Here is a quick summary of each feature

ROOM: Clean and well equipped. Bed is comfortable, Flatscreen TV and fast internet. Bathroom could have been a bit bigger, but it didn't really cause any problem. The hotel rooms do not face the busy Piedmont St, so the room was very quiet. Hotel room AC units are never really good and this one was not the exception, so we went back and forth from chilling cold to sweaty warm during the night.

SERVICE: Everything went without a hitch. Every staff person we interacted with was courteous and efficient.

BREAKFAST: It was a weekend and everyone seemed to come for breakfast at the same time, that is at the latest possible time. So, the small breakfast room was crowded and some items took a little while to show up at the buffet. The two ladies worked hard to replenish everything and make sure we had our breakfast. It is a slight notch above the roadside "continentals" that only have cereal and bread, but nothing memorable either - microwave scrambled eggs, bad juice, reasonably good coffee.

So, overall our stay was comfortable and uneventful, which is how a hotel stay should be.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I'm so happy that you were pleased with your "comfortable and uneventful" stay, though our goal is to provide you with a great and memorable experience every time you stay with us. I am happy to report that due to many guests sharing your opinion of our "bad juice," we have recently changed our juice vendor and dispenser machine. I hope that you get a chance to try it out when you visit us again, and that the second time around, we'll get everything right. Thank you again for your comments and thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn and Suites Atlanta-Buckhead!