“Great Place to Stay in Buckhead”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #75 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I am in the process of relocating to the Atlanta Buckhead area and my company put me at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Buckhead. I can only say, what a great choice they made!! The location is ideal - within walking distance of many restaurants and convenient to two different MARTA stations which makes getting around town very easy. The staff is warm and welcoming and the hot breakfast is a great way to start my morning as opposed to just getting a bagel & some juice like other places I have stayed. The great thing is as good as I think this is the staff tells me that they are getting ready to start a "refresh" (their word, not mine) and will be repainting, adding new wallpaper & carpet as well as several other changes. I can't wait to see the new changes and look forward to staying again in the future!!
Thank you to the staff at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Buckhead for making me feel welcome in Atlanta!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Andrew S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell everyone about your stay. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us while you were in the process of relocating. You are absolutely right that we have many changes on the horizon. It is my hope that our refreshed rooms, combined with our awesome Buckhead location will serve to make your next stay with us even better! You had a choice. Thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I had a wedding to attend in April. All the events were taking place in the Midtown and Buckhead areas.
I just needed a room to change and sleep in. No time for extra amenities. And, did not want to pay for valet parking, as having my car very handy was essential for this trip.
The rooms were very clean and spacious enough for one. There were plenty of linens and extra blankets , pillows provided. Rooms were quiet. Breakfast was served each morning...although I only ate their one of the 2 mornings I was there. There was an indoor and outdoor pool and hot tub.
Parking was incredibly conviently. I was close to shopping, and, numerous restaurants.
The staff was courteous, helpful, and went out of their way to provide extra little items I needed.
Easy assess off interstate coming in from Nashville!
Would definitely stay there again! Quiet, small boutique type hotel. Perfect for this trip when convience was key!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Andrew S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

I am so glad to hear that your stay was comfortable and convenient. We aim to be the very best value that Marriott has to offer. Since your stay with us, we have upgraded our complimentary breakfast to include even more hot items like scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and sausage gravy! And as always, our wireless internet, parking, and genuine southern hospitality are all complimentary. Thank you for your comments. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

greetly warmly by staff at check-in...they also have popcorn, cookies, and apples out in addition to the coffee/tea/water. nice, clean indoor pool/jacuzzi with a small outdoor seating area for smoking, though it closes at 11pm. ample free parking...the hotel is right across the street from Fogo de Chao churrascaria restaurant and Havana Nights nightclub....because of its primo location, don't be surprised to see some odd things late at night (based on the clientele, not the staff!), such as women dressed up like hookers coming/going from the hotel and unsightly things such as chicken wing bones thrown in the hallway....seriously!

I also like the layout of the room--the bathroom is tucked back from the bed, so the light doesn't distract those trying to sleep in the middle of the night. I thought all FI hotels had microwaves/fridges in the room (and I usually have the request made on my reservations), but this one did not--wonder if it's just another cut-back or just this hotel?

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xenaht2000

Thank you so much for staying with us! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I'm sure that my staff will be happy to hear that you enjoyed them, as well as the treats that they prepared. Your feedback is tremendously helpful in aiding us to find ways to continue to improve. Thank you so much for being our guest. I hope that you will return again!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The room was just ok..parking was terrible because they share with an office building. I didn't feel safe as there was a guard in the tiny lobby. And when I asked for directions to get to 400 north they couldn't help me. Breakfast was fare, room was dated.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I love hearing from my guests and finding opportunities to provide them with comfortable and secure accomodations they deserve. This is one of the reasons that we provide security, so that our guests can rest assured that in an area as vibrant and busy as Buckhead-Atlanta, their safety is always our number one priority. Our goal is to be able to provide what you need, when you need it and we continuously strive to refine ourselves in order to better meet the needs of our guests. This is why we are currently in the process of refreshing and updating our hotel! I know that your review says that you wouldn't stay again, but I would certainly relish the opportunity to change your mind. I hope that if you find yourself in the area again, you will come and see the changes that we have made. Thanks again!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I was in town for my daughter's sporting event and stayed at this hotel. Check in was a breeze and the staff showed true southern hospitality. The room was comfortable and spotless. I will definitely stay there again if ever in the Atlanta area. :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Randall G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Love when we have sporting events in town, having all the athletes in house brings a unique energy to our hotel. Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn for your lodging needs. Did you and your daughter receive your pin “Welcome to our house”? Something to remember your time spent here in Buckhead.

Randall Gann

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was traveling by myself, and found the room perfect for my two nights here. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the staff was very helpful. I will stay here again in the future given the opportunity.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for staying with us during your time in Atlanta, glad to hear our staff and hotel were very accommodating. Looking forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to our great city.

Randall Gann

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and it was a great experience. Very close to downtown, less than a 15min drive, although ATL traffic is horrible,still was able to make it to the aquarium on time for the show. Very close proximity to a Phipps Mall in Buckhead and restaurants. One of the cheapest hotels and still nice place. The pool however even though it is indoor is NOT heated, so be warn water was freezing. Great staff, great short stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Randall G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

You are absolutely right, the pool was cold. We had a windy storm come through here last week and blew out the pilot light.. I agologize someone didn't catch this sooner. Happy to report temperature is rising.