“Good price for location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #76 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The rooms are nice and the staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. Great location. Rooms were clean. Parking is adequate and free. Breakfast was typical for hotels like this.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed one night before attending graduation at Emory University. Location was fairly convenient and free parking was a bonus. The staff was friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable and the breakfast was better than some, though the waffle maker was broken. Didn't get lost on my morning run, but couldn't find the nearby park easily. Front Desk recommended that I go run inside the nearby mall. Suggest that you explore other websites for suggestions about running routes near the hotel.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

They have clean rooms, fairly nice staff, fair exercise room, indoor pool. We stayed one night, had a good room. This location is perfect for me and my needs when I am in Atlanta. Close to the mall, and convenient to a lot of restaurants. I would stay here again.
I had surgery at 5:00 AM at Piedmont Hospital so I did not get a chance to try the free breakfast.

1  Thank John B
Reviewed May 20, 2012

PRO: Decent location, although you'll have to drive/taxi to most things in Buckhead. Hotel is clean, quiet, and no valet parking to deal with. The continental breakfast had a decent selection, and the young man working there was helpful and pleasant.

CON: Front desk personnel were not rude, but not friendly. Room did not stay cool, even with
controls turned to "cooler" and low cool. The reason I'll never return was the midnight phone call from the front desk asking why we had called them. ???( We'd retired at 10PM!) No apology, just a defensive statement. Obviously, the front desk staff missed the memo on how to talk with guests, and if they make a mistake--apologize.

It's a clean, fairly basic hotel--but we'll stay elsewhere next time. I'd rather pay a little more and feel like my business is appreciated.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Randall G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

With new management, new staff and new A/C I would ask give us another try. Please contact me direct and I will insure your stay is a pleasent one.

Randall Gann
404-846-0900

Reviewed May 10, 2012

We had to stay here at the last minute so we arrived at the hotel around 11. The gentleman at the front desk was amazing! He was so nice and friendly and made sure that we had everything that we needed. The rooms were average and clean and the location was perfect. I would definitely recommend!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Rooms were clean, and beds were comfortable. MARTA is a straight shot, but a little inconvenient at over a mile. The immediate area is very upscale and lacks an array of options for dining and entertainment. Better than average for sure. Seems to be a very safe neighborhood. The included breakfast lacks hot meal choices, but had a great selection of cold choices...fruits, cereals, soft boiled eggs, muffins, and bagels. The Otis Spunkmeyer cookies in the lobby were a nice touch

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My wife and I just stayed at this Hotel last week for a long weekend getaway. I will start this off by saying the hotel staff were nice, but that is the end of any good review. FIRST ISSUE: When we got to our room we noticed a little bit of a musty smell, but it was not terrible and honestly that's not the first time I have smelled that in a hotel room. NEXT ISSUE: My wife and I went to check out the pool and noticed her door card did not work. So she went to have it reprogramed. Two uses later it needed reprogramed again. By the time we left the hotel, her card had to be reprogramed at least 4 times we could think of. We suggested replacing the card, but each time they said "this should do it", but it didn't. Yes after the 2nd time we made sure the card stayed clear of electronics, I even carried my wife's phone, but the card still would stop working. NEXT ISSUE: After the sleeping in the bed the first night, we noticed the next afternoon some tiny blood spots on the sheets and no it was not from us...So we called at about 2:30pm to report it and they said they would send someone right up. At about 3:30pm no one shows up so we call again. Again they said they would send someone right up. At 4:30pm We call again This time letting them know it needs to be addressed now. However now, they had to search for housekeeping because they "hoped they didn't leave yet". Finally someone came to change out the linen. As the new blanket was being put on I noticed that the new blanket they brought us had....a blood stain!!! So she ran and got us a new blanket. In review at this point, the original bottom sheet had a bloodstain. The new blanket had a bloodstain and after replacing those for us there was one more sheet that goes on top of that. While that sheet was being put on, the housekeeper stopped abruptly and took it back off ( I can only assume she saw something, but I don't know what) and she ran once again to get a new sheet again...We picked Fairfield Inn because we thought it would at least be decent, but needless to say we don't plan on staying in that hotel or probably any Fairfield again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank NewTipper T
Randall G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

I would like to invite you and your wife back, hopefully we can give you a more pleasent experience. Your stay was horrible and never should have happen. New management with a staff willing to go beyond to make your next stay a pleasent one. Please contact me when you're in the area, I will personally make sure everything was in order.

Randall Gann