“Timberlake Concert”

Ranked #61 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Pensacola, Florida
“Timberlake Concert”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Generally stay at top hotel chains when visiting Atlanta, for guaranteed comfort, but chose this hotel as it was close to, and walking distance of, Philips Arena and the fact that the Justin Timberlake tickets set us back a pretty penny (but well worth the price, however, I digress). I wasn't sure what to expect from the downtown hotel but was pleasantly surprised at how nice and clean the facility was. We parked in the garage across the street from the hotel for $15/night. Take the parking ticket with you to the hotel desk when you check in, for their rate, otherwise it will cost you $24 to get out of the garage. You can also Valet with the hotel for $25. I don't know about you but I haven't paid anything less than $30/night for ANY downtown parking, anywhere! Breakfast (6:30 - 9:30 a.m.) was included in the price and is located on the Mezzanine level. There was also free internet.

There were three small elevators (limit 5 passengers each). I was afraid that since we were in an old building the elevators would feel like they were being hand cranked up but they were actually pretty fast.

We stayed on the Ninth floor in a King room. The room was small and long at our initial view but arranged nicely and we didn't feel it was too small once we settled in. The room included a microwave & fridge and was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Not a great view out our windows but we planned to attend the concert so weren't planning on staying in the room and staring out the window much anyway.

Peachtree Street was 2 blocks away and there were vast choices for restaurants, bars, and shopping in the area. Downtown Atlanta is currently under construction for putting in place a trolly system that you can hop on and travel all over downtown easily.

We ended up eating at Hard Rock Cafe for dinner before the concert and went to Meehan's and the Metro Cafe Diner for drinks after the concert.

Valet and the front desk were extremely friendly every time we entered or left the building and we will definitely stay here again the next time we attend a concert or plan to stay in downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Taracola
HIEAtlanta, Asst Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown. We sincerely appreciate your recognition and feedback. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Arabic first
Jefferson, Georgia, United States
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I was scared to look at hotel's for Atlanta on the internet due to a bad experience I had years ago and was led to a roach motel. Fortunately, this one was as nice as it showed on the computer. From the moment that we pulled up we were greeted by some very friendly people. Valet service was amazing at $25.00. I figured paying that was worth the peace of mind. Went into the elevator and up to our room, and I was pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious, had a separate sitting room and little kitchen area. The bed was big, and we had two TV's. Since we were in town for a concert, I was happy that I could walk to the venue since it was literally about 2 blocks away. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEAtlanta, Asst. Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the service you were provided. Please allow us to welcome you to our address again very soon.
Millbrook, AL
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Thank goodness Holiday Inn bought this hotel from Super 8. I almost croaked when I drove up and realized this was the same building I had stayed in many years ago when Super 8 had it! I vowed to never return--I am still haunted by the filth. Moving on-- pros, Holiday Inn has definitely cleaned this place up. It was clean and the beds were very comfortable. Cons, the rooms are VERY small. Our television wasn't working so I told the man at the front desk and he told me sometimes the t.v.'s go out when it is raining because of the satellite. I then pointed to the t.v. In the main foyer, next to the front desk and asked why that t.v. was working. No explanation. A happy ending was had when the nice maintenance guy came in and reset out t.v. Twice and it worked from that time on. Other than that, things went alright in the efficiency-sized double room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HIEAtlanta, Asst. Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown! We are glad to hear that your overall experience exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you as our guests again very soon.
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Was recently in Atlanta for the SEC Championship Game and picked this hotel for location and based on reviews. I was not disappointed. We had four adults in a bigger room with two double beds and we had plenty of space. All of the staff (especially Darrin) were amazingly friendly; even putting up with us trying to teach them our college fight song. The location was perfect, easy walking distance to the Georgia Dome, Philips Arena, Centennial Park, CNN Center and lots of restaurants. Yes, parking is $15 per night but the garage is easily accessible and I don't find that unreasonable for a downtown location. Hallways and elevators are a bit dated, but nothing that would prevent me from staying here again. View just depends on your location; ours wasn't spectacular (brick wall) but other people in our group had a nice city view. I'm hoping Mizzou makes it to the SEC Championship again, and if they do, we'll definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
HIEAtlanta, Asst. Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind compliments of our address. We value all of our guests and we are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay. Allow us to welcome you again soon.
Webb City, Missouri
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the SEC Championship. From the time we arrived the Staff was awesome! Very friendly and cheerful. It is a smaller downtown hotel. Rooms are small compared to what we are used to...but the room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable! Great Breakfast and the 1st time I have ever seen and automatic pancake machine. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your compliments of The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown. I am pleased to hear your overall experience was excellent and I hope to welcome you again very soon.
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel because of its location thinking it was a good deal. Until I got my confirmation letter which it didn't tell me any where when I was paying for it that it was 15 for parking a day so I immediately cancelled it. But be warned because they also didn't say that it was nonrefundable any where either. Unless you go to a separate page completely. So I'm getting charged for the full price of the hotel even though I cancelled within a couple hours of making it. Make sure you read everything because they leave a lot of important information in the small print on another page.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank ErinNichol
I appreciate the feedback you have provided and apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional. Your satisfaction and loyalty is a priority to The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality the next time you travel to Atlanta.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed here for one night, and the price couldn't be beat for the location. You could walk to so many places from the hotel in downtown ATL. Although parking is $15 a day, if you plan to visit the downtown area, it's worth it since the room rate is priced so well for the area. As far as the room went, it wasn't as small as I expected based on other reviews. Yes, it was small but it was plenty for myself and my husband. There are a few areas I think could be improved in the hotel though. It wasn't exactly quiet in the room. You could hear practically everything said in the room across from us and some construction outside. Also the mattress could have been a little more soft and breakfast could have had more variety. Still it was a great option, especially for one night. If I were staying multiple nights, I might consider one of the many other options in the area depending upon price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown. We strive to provide uncompromising service to all our guests. Please allow us to welcome you again very soon.