“Beyond Customer Service”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #62 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The best customer service that you will ever find. This hotel goes above and beyond to make your stay very comfortable. Very clean hotel. Breakfast was hot and fresh...I look forward to going back to this hotel for future stays...

Room Tip: I always ask for handicap or spacious room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Each and every staff members at the Holiday Inn Express loved your review title. Beyond Customer Service is what we aim for and I am happy we delivered it. Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay with our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We take pride in our Guest services and we appreciate your acknowledgment of our staff member efforts. We hope you can find time in your busy schedule to come back and enjoy more of what the Downtown Atlanta has to offer.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. It's in easy walking distance of the CNN Omni center and Centennial Park, as well as area restaurants. The morning breakfast was very good. It's a great value.

The reason this gets 5 stars is because of superior customer service! I had a complicated reservation, and then required some service after my stay to reimburse some charges, and the hotel staff was incredibly responsive and accommodating.

1  Thank Caitlin P

It is amazing to receive such complimentary comments and kind words about our hotel and staff members. Thank you for sharing the feedback from your recent stay. We are at a perfect location for business traveler and tourists, walking distance from attractions, conference center and lots of restaurants. Your compliments and comments were appreciated and shared with the team. Our team will be happy to assist you in planning your next stay, so whenever you are ready to return to Downtown, Atlanta, please give us a call and let us take care of the travel details for you. Once again, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Due to the great customer service and cleanliness I am guaranteed to receive, I always make staying with Holiday Inn Express my priority!! My boyfriend and I had the pleasure of staying at the Downtown Atlanta location and would recommend the stay to anyone. We attended the Hawks vs. Lakers game so the Phillips Arena and shopping was within walking distance. The atmosphere, customer service, and overall location is just outstanding. I commend the staff for making my time there great. Vira is awesome at her job and you can tell that she loves making customers satisfied!! She was so nice and remembers her guest well!! Ms. Williams will most defiantly be returning!! :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keondria W

Holiday Inn Express & Suites would like extend our sincere appreciation for your recent review. We thank you for your acknowledgement for our staff members. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay "Ms. Williams" and were able to enjoy the great service and amenities. Thank you for the great review. We could not ask for better and are so glad that we delivered everything you expected. We look forward to a lot of future visits.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Great staff and location. Rooms are a bit dated, but clean. There is good sound insulation from the outside noises. But every time someone went into their room anywhere on my hall and shut their door, it was as loud as somebody slamming the closet door in my own bedroom at home and it woke me up. Not a great sleep due to that. This hotel DOES NOT have an attached parking area. Had to park across the street in a small, creepy, poorly lit parking deck. Dark stairwells in parking deck are urinals for homeless- AVOID- use the elevator! Needed to go out to my car to get something that I forgot before I went to bed. There were two homeless guys standing vigil at the entrance to the parking deck when I went to cross the street. Didn't like my chances against them, so I decided I didn't need the item that badly. Was happy my car was still OK when I returned to it the next morning. It appeared that the hotel may have had an attached parking area that was closed. (??) . If I were not driving, it would not be an issue. I would probably stay here again if there were attached parking; but will stay elsewhere next time, despite the efforts of the very professional staff there.

Room Tip: I had 609 and it was clean, but very loud outside. Maybe others are better?
1  Thank Eyefixer
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

We are very sorry for the noise issue you encountered during your stay at our hotel. Your comfort and safety is our number one concern, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We will look into ways to correct this situation. We hope that the next time you're in the area, you'll consider staying with us again as we would love another chance to provide a great hotel stay for you. Thank you for your comments

Reviewed March 5, 2013

The room very good clean, but a bit small. The hotel staff (Florett and Vira) was very helpful in getting us checked in. The hotel is in the heart of downtown and in walking distance to all the attraction we attended. The "Movie Star" was very helpful as well. Keep up the good work.

1  Thank will k

Your comments and compliments about your stay at our hotel, Holiday Inn Express & Suites made me smile. I am sure that the “Movie Star” would be just as pleased. We know it is the little things that make your stay more comfortable and I am very happy that we were able to deliver on our promise. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is smack in the middle of everything in Atlanta. It's within easy walking distance to the Georgia dome, CNN, Georgia Aquarium and olympic park as well as several good bars and restaurants. The rooms are VERY small, but they have everything you need. The rooms are spotlessly clean and fresh. Beds are comfy, bathrooms (small also) are very well appointed and have everything you need. All the staff are friendly and helpfull. The heater/air is the quietest I've ever had in a hotel room. Parking is right across the street and no problem at all. Breakfast is great! Very nice hotel and I will definatley stay there again if I'm ever in Atlanta.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank brymstone
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We are glad that you liked our location. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your kind words. We value your business. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services, please let us know. Thanks again for choosing us for your Atlanta stay.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was impressed with the room layout-no vents or air blowing over the bed! It was one of the most restfull HIE that I have stayed in. The staff was engaging from check in to the breakfast hostess. Smiles and "may I help you" were the norm. Location was good for downtown only minutes from the federal building. Rresturants were close-recommend the Landmark Diner. Parking was in the garage across the street. Security was good-frequently saw bike, car and foot patrols. Wouldstay ther again wihout second thoughts.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

We thank you so much for great feedback. I am sure a lot of travelers will find your review most helpful. I was proud to read the notes about the breakfast hostess. Your feedback is very important to our efforts to continuously improve guest satisfaction: we strive to do the best job we can, and reviews like yours make it all worthwhile. We certainly hope to see you back soon!