“Yearly Trip to Atlanta”

Ranked #60 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Jacksonville, Florida
“Yearly Trip to Atlanta”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We visit Atlanta every year since 1998 and this is the first year the hotel was under Holiday Inn management. It was a wonderful experience, we were very pleased from the rooms to the service. Everyone on the staff was wonderful, from the older staff to the newer ones, we were very pleased. Look forward to going back next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
It is wonderful to read your recent review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown. We strive to provide service that is beyond expectation and I am pleased you were able to experience this first hand during your special trip to Atlanta. If our team can assist you in planning a future stay with us, please do not hesitate to give us call and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
Orange Beach, Alabama, United States
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Our great experience started with our check in with Dan! The front desk staff was the best. Every day we were greeted with a smile and an experience staff to ensure our stay was great. The rooms were clean and beautifully decorated. The hotel location was perfect and close to restaurants, the Aqurarium and the freeway, and parking was easy access with in and out privleges. I highly reccomend this hotel!

Charlotte

Room Tip: We asked for an interior room; so we did not hear street noises.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay with Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We take pride in our Guest services and we appreciate your acknowledgment of our staff member efforts. Dan along with the rest of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites team are outstanding Guest Services Representatives. We hope you and your family can find time in your busy schedule to come back and enjoy more of what the Downtown Atlanta and our hotel has to offer.
barcelona
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Firstly, I would like to say THANK YOU to the person that took my reservation in skype. The hotel is very well located just a few meters away from main points in downtown. There are parking facilities. The quality of the room, breakfast and general look of the hotel is according to Holiday standards and according to the price you pay for, but when it comes to service there are not enough stars to describe how well they treated us. I would like to make a special mention to Maikol and Vira. Thanks for making us feel at home.

Only one thing to remark as an opportunity is the noise coming out of the window AC system.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank idavidc
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
The entire staff of Holiday Inn Express & Suites thank you for your kind words and such a lovely review. We appreciate your acknowledgement for our staff members. Our exquisite atmosphere and uncompromising customer service make us a truly unique destination. Thank you for the lovely feedback, we will share all comments and compliments with our staff and they love to hear.
We appreciate your stay with us
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel has been renovated in mod style and is cute and comfortable. Rooms are a bit on the small side; the larger rooms are the size of a normal hotel room, the smaller ones are more like in Europe, where there isn't room for two people to pass each other on the way to the bathroom. Beds were comfortable with nice, soft linens and the shower was big with granite backing and a separate sink area with a vessel sink, which was an unexpected touch of class. There's no concierge but the front desk staff--especially Sheila at night and a nice gentleman on the day shift--provided us with corkscrews, directions, and other things we needed. The neighborhood is a wee bit sketchy--fine in a group or early in the evening, but if you're not city-aware you may want to take a cab or walk back with company. The area has persistent but polite panhandlers and some dark alleys and parking lots. Fit our needs very well for a convention; we will definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: Our room in the 520s was larger than average and quiet (around the corner from elevators).
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
The entire staff of Holiday Inn Express & Suites thank you for such a great review and the kind comments. We are at a perfect location for business traveler and tourists. We appreciate your acknowledgement for our staff members. I am very pleased that they were able to assist you promptly and professionally. We apologize that you were not satisfied with your room type. As a newly open hotel, we offer different room types from suites to double queen. On your next visit to Atlanta, please contact the hotel and give us a chance to offer you an upgrade on your stay. Once again thank you for choosing us as your Atlanta destination.
United States
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Came to Atlanta for Dragon*Con and stayed in a double room at the new Holiday Inn Express on Cone Street. In my experience, it was better than my previous stays at the official host hotels. Clean room, courteous staff, a hot breakfast, and a relatively safe location in downtown ATL. My sole complaint is that the AC/heating units should feature a constant fan setting to keep air circulating in the room and help block out the street noise typical in a large city.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your lovely review for Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. Dragon Con is one of the most popular City Wide event and we welcome all the fun and variety it brings with it. We are sorry that you were not comfortable during the night. It has been duly noted and we will take right measures to make it better. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Atlanta
Columbia, SC
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I arrived after 2 PM on Saturday after driving 8 hours for the Clemson-Auburn game. We watched someone check in before us and someone check in after us but we were not allowed to check in. We explained our long drive and how we wanted to freshen up and change before leaving for the game but Otha, the front desk clerk only told us "no"- he never offered us any accommodation other than to sigh heavily when we asked to check our bags in the coat room. We did not check in until after 11:00 PM and even then, the front desk clerk Mina? met us at our taxi not to greet us but to tell the cab to wait for one of her "guests" she returned to the desk to radio someone to tell them that she was off and had a cab waiting for her- she treated us like she was off rushing us through the process and again sighing when we asked to retrieve our bags from the room. I was never acknowledged as a priority member and that's appropriate because I never felt like a priority for the staff. Mina did not validate my parking appropriately and I had to pay the $15 for parking even though the garage only costs $12- I've been double charged for this parking- our room had a severe odor and the air conditioner never cooled the room. The next morning, the front desk staff could not be bothered (at 7:00) to even say good morning to me as I left. I gave all of these concerns to Vira today and she called me back after speaking with her staff to essentially call me a liar and tell me that Otha gave us a place to change- to that I simply asked her if she checked the cameras- her answer was "no" and it had to be because my wife had to change her shoes in the lobby- just as I explained to her. It got to the point where Vira stopped answering my questions and giving me attitude such as "well sir, it is Labor Day weekend" and when I asked her to call guest relations and relay my feedback she refused saying "that's why it's called guest relations" I am severely disappointed in the disservice we received this weekend.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sterling D
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Most modern HIE I've stayed at. The room was very nice, 2 flat panels, directv, and even had a sitting area with a couch. I thoroughly enjoyed my 1 night stay at this hotel. We stayed over the weekend and there wasn't anything open in the neighborhood. They did a great job on this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your very nice review for our hotel Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We certainly enjoyed having you here and we look forward to seeing you again whenever your travels bring you back to Downtown Atlanta. If our team can serve you in planning a future stay with us, please do not hesitate to give us call and we will be happy to assist you