“No Help!!! Laptop Stolen From Room Hampton is not helping!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown
Ranked #45 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed December 9, 2010

My Laptop was stolen from my room, in the evening. They offered no restitution no help.
It cost me over $ 2400 to replace and rebuild the software.
Their insurance company won't help either!! Beware!!!!

Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Hampton-Atlanta, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2011

While we feel badly about your expense, both myself and our hotel's insurer, a nationally reputable company, did a thorough investigation and could find no supporting evidence that the laptop was stolen at our hotel. We regret that you felt it necessary to publish such unsubstantiated accusations but, nevertheless, hope to see you again as a guest at our hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,158)

Reviewed September 25, 2010

This hotel has everything you'd expect in a Hampton, plus the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. In addition, they provide coffee in paper-based cups rather than that nasty polystyrene that spoils the flavor, and they have cookies at the front desk every afternoon. What's not to like?

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Front desk was the definition of Southern hospitality. The room was great overall - comfortable beds, heavy curtains, strong wireless internet signal, iron/hair dryer/coffee maker,... Only minor negative was that the carpeting was a bit old and dingy. I liked the interior of the hotel in general because it had modern fixings but still retained some of the old charm of the original building, plus the artwork was great. It's located right in downtown, next door to much more expensive hotels. A far-above-average breakfast was provided for free every morning, and there was a great workout room. There was also a business center with 2 computers and free printing.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2010

This is a no frills hotel, but a good value in the downtown Atlanta area. There are a variety of restaurants within a few blocks of the hotel, but as noted by some of the other reviewers it's not the best place to walk around after dark.

The rooms are fine, with flat screen TVs and very comfortable beds. Free high-speed internet access is include and the free breakfast is better than average.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2010

This Hampton Inn located in downtown Atlanta is a quaint hotel. It is located within walking distance to CNN, Olympic park, Hard Rock Cafe and several other restaurants. I was in room 810 - which was definitely showing its age. Underneath the bathroom sink, there was broken tile and big holes in the tile (how tile got broken under the sink - who knows). The room itself is smaller than most Hampton Inn, but comparable to most rooms you get at downtown locations. The staff there was great - especially the front desk staff ! Shower pressure comes and goes in the middle of your shower, which can be very annoying. But overall, this hotel great and I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Atlanta.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I stayed at this Hampton Inn the weekend of July 23-25. The hotel itself is an older property but is in good condition. They offer parking at $18 per night in a secured lot next to the hotel (Atlanta PD actually is stationed in the lot) and the rooms are your standard size. There really aren't many dining options near the hotel, but they offer a pseudo mini-mart in the lobby. (they ran out of bottled water Saturday night but I found some in one of the vending machines.). Nearest convenience store is a few blocks away.

Now to the reason why I will never stay here again.

I'm not a skinny person, nor am I a fat person. I'm average - at least that's what everyone tells me. Sunday morning prior to check out, I needed to return to my vehicle to retrieve an item. I was wearing a tank top and some shorts as it was quite warm outside. Went out and came back in with no problems. However, upon checkout, the front desk person (named Dale) said to my face (and I quote):

"I was going to tell you to put a t-shirt on."

DID THIS GUY JUST CALL ME FAT???

When I told him in reply "thank you for helping my self-confidence today", he told me that "I shouldn't take it as an insult.". Did I also mention that there were other individuals in the lobby as well?

I left the hotel and nearly broke down in tears on the way to the airport. In all my years of traveling I have NEVER experienced this. I would never expect someone to call me fat to my face...and then tell me that I shouldn't take it as an insult.

Also, on top of all of that, the cleanliness of my room comes into question when there was an empty condom wrapper on the floor near my bed. It was there when I arrived. It was still there when I left.

Never again will this hotel have to worry about seeing me.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Spent one night on way to Orlando from St. Louis. Visited several sites downtown, World of Coca-Cola, The Varsity Drive In, CNN Building and Centennial Park. The Hampton was very close to these attractions and within walking distance to several of them. Some reviews indicated the rooms were noisy, we were on the sixth floor and did not notice any outside noise. The included breakfast was very good and had a lot of options. The breakfast area was very unique with its street level view.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family