“Perfect Spot”

Ranked #42 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
selma, United States
“Perfect Spot”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stayed at the Hampton Inn so that I could be close to the Georgia Dome for the Jay-Z Beyoncé concert. I enjoyed everything that they offered. I also found a small restaurant called The Food Shoppe around the corner, which was wonderful. I wanted to ride the Ferris Wheel which was a block over but I didn't have time. Concert was also great.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Pearline R,

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown. I’m so glad you had a great time and found our location ideal for attending the Jay-Z & Beyoncé Concert.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Andrew May – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Turkish first
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed July 18, 2014

It was my second time at this hotel. Everything was pretty much the same except the staff. The staff was much much better when I was there during the holiday season of 2012. Maybe it was just that time of the year, but the staff this time around was much more arrogant.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Zoya H,

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I’m very sorry that we fell short of your expectations. I hope you give us another chance to serve you if your travels bring you back to our area. Please know that we value your business and will work hard to earn your trust once again.

Again, I do apologize for the inconvenience. If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to call me at 404-589-1111

Reviewed July 18, 2014

This hotel is in a very good location. Close to shopping and sites. Ideal for sightseeing on foot. Parking is on site. Easy to locate. Rooms are very clean, Great facility and very affordable. Complimentary breakfast was also very good! Would definitely stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank brendaw698
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Our family was headed back to Florida from vacation and decided to take in a Braves game at the last minute. I have only stayed at the Omni and thought Hampton would be a little better for the 6 of us price wise and the girl who took our reservation was very nice and even gave us 10% which made our "suite" $179 before all of the taxes and parking. We needed a suite because there were 3 adults and 3 children so we could use the fold out bed. The hotel staff was nice and it was beautiful on the inside. The parking situation is disappointing because you pay $20 to park. It is added to your receipt at the end. I knew about it before hand and was willing to pay to stay downtown. I was most disappointed in the beds as they were very uncomfortable and not what I've come to expect in Hampton Inn. I've stayed at the Hampton all over from New York City to Memphis and their beds are always comfortable and nice. These were cheap and you could feel the springs. We stayed in room 402 which was a corner room. We didn't hear any outside noise at all but it was VERY warm. We turned the thermostat down low and there was no change even through the night. Our room still did not cool off. I also thought the sofa bed was placed awkward because you had to crawl on the bed over top of the kids to get to the bathroom. This issue will not apply to everyone but if you are traveling with multiple kids and need more than two beds, this might be an issue. The breakfast served was very good and there was a lady down there that made conversation with all of the guests. She was super friendly. I only gave it 3 stars because we pick the hotels for many reasons but the bed you sleep on and your comfort level in the room are very important qualities. It just wasn't worth the $220 we spent for one night.

2 Thank Jennifer J
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We decided to get out of town for the 4th for a night. Due to what we later discovered was a Jehovah's Witness conference in downtown, most of the hotels were completely booked. Luckily we snagged one of the last affordable rooms left. As always the Hampton website made booking very easy!
We arrived around 3 and found the parking lot 3/4 full, so considered ourselves lucky! Our car sat there for most of the next 24 hours. Check in was a breeze and the cookie lady was amazing and kept our 4 year old entertained while we checked in. The snacks and beverages in the lobby are a nice touch.
We were assigned a suite on the 2nd floor. It was fine, but much smaller than the photos on their website...but I guess that's to be expected. Our 4 year old was very excited to be able to sleep on a pull out couch. The bar area with refrigerator and micro was a nice touch. The only thing I could really complain about was the bathtub could use a little TLC.
We had dinner at Alma Cocina's and highly recommend it. Its a couple block away on the other side of the America's mart. Several other restaurants and a food court are over that way too.
We had tickets to the Red White and View party at the aquarium and I highly recommend it! We had so much fun, we might do it again next year. Centennial park was a zoo! We walked through it to get to the aquarium and were so glad we paid a little extra to go to it instead of being stuck in the crowds. Its a good two or three block walk to the aquarium from the hotel, but most of its shaded by buildings or trees so it wasn't too bad. Seeing fireworks from the 7th floor of the parking garage was incredible! It was like we could reach out and touch them!
As other reviewers have said, breakfast is busy! Go early for a seat and best choices. I was happy to see hard boiled eggs, even if they were so overcooked I could barely peel them. Pretty sure the scrambled eggs were powdered. But lots of other offerings for the gluten tolerant. Not bad for a "free" breakfast.
We had early bird passes to the aquarium so we walked over and were amazed to see the city had already cleaned up Centennial Park from the night before! Shocking! All while our car was safely parked at the Hampton even after we'd checked out.
There are closer hotels to the aquarium, but the Hampton is definitely walk-able and literally a walk through the park! lol!

1 Thank sharklover75cc
Dear sharklover75cc,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown. I’m so glad you enjoyed your accommodations and found our staff courteous and helpful.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Very nice room, comfortable bed. Great downtown location. Walking distance to a lot of restaurants and attractions. Easy access to the highway. Great staff and service. Comfortable room and bed. No issues at all. Breakfast time was busy but good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Charlotte2010NC
Lac La Biche
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights while attending the ISTE 2014 Conference, the staff were so friendly. I wish I could remember the name of the cookie lady, she greeted us each evening when we arrived back at the hotel with homemade cookies, cold water and juice. The Hotel was very clean and quiet, the rooms were clean, beds very comfortable, I recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Bcnllb
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Bcnllb,

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown. I’m so glad you enjoyed your trip to Atlanta for the ISTE 2014 Conference. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Mary who is always affectionately known as “the cookie lady”

Thank you for your personal recommendation, we hope to welcome you back soon!