“Great hotel, I'd stay again”

Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown
Ranked #42 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Charlotte, NC
“Great hotel, I'd stay again”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Very nice room, comfortable bed. Great downtown location. Walking distance to a lot of restaurants and attractions. Easy access to the highway. Great staff and service. Comfortable room and bed. No issues at all. Breakfast time was busy but good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Charlotte2010NC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Turkish first
Lac La Biche
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights while attending the ISTE 2014 Conference, the staff were so friendly. I wish I could remember the name of the cookie lady, she greeted us each evening when we arrived back at the hotel with homemade cookies, cold water and juice. The Hotel was very clean and quiet, the rooms were clean, beds very comfortable, I recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Bcnllb
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Bcnllb,

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown. I’m so glad you enjoyed your trip to Atlanta for the ISTE 2014 Conference. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Mary who is always affectionately known as “the cookie lady”

Thank you for your personal recommendation, we hope to welcome you back soon!

Tampa, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed 2 nights at the hotel while working at the Georgia World Congress Center. Location is great and easy access to the Center. Room very nice. We had AC issues and they provided fans and gave us one night free. Great value. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Terry W,

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. My apologies for the A/C not working to the temperature levels you attempted. I’m glad the staff was able to improve your comfort level by adding a fan during your stay.

Thank you for your personal recommendation, we hope to welcome you back soon!

Denver, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This hotel is a bit older, but such a great value for a downtown hotel. The staff of this hotel goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome! They are incredibly friendly and will make you feel right at home. Mary and April especially ensure that every guest is treated with a big smile and incredible hospitality.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

LaGrange, Georgia, USA
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

A beautiful hotel, conveniently located, with problems. The air conditioning in the public areas was poor and in the room was no better. I set the thermostat to 68 to try to cool the room down but it barely budged. With all the curtains closed it was close to stifling. Not quite, but close. Best to just lay on the bed and not move. Then in the morning there was no hot water, so it was cold showers all around. The manager graciously refunded my room rate. I've NEVER had an experience like this in a Hampton Inn. Hopefully they will get the kinks out and restore the quality experience that is typical for Hampton Inn. Combine this with a bad dinner experience at Ted's Montana Grill a block away, and I'd say downtown Atlanta needs to up their game. One expects better. The Hampton employees were friendly and accommodating and I appreciated their efforts to satisfy a long time customer.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Council Bluffs
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I am so glad that I stayed at the Hampton Inn. It was a short walk from the MARTA train system which I took from the airport. The staff are very friendly. They always greeted me by name. I enjoyed the cooked breakfast each morning. A nice assortment of eggs, waffles, fresh fruit and cereals. The lobby and the room were secure and I felt safe. The air conditioning worked very well. The only complaint I would have is that I could not figure out how to close the drain on the bathtub. I would highly recommend this hotel for a great stay in Atlanta.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear h1200,

Thank you for taking a few moments to write a great review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown. I’m so glad you enjoyed your accommodations and found our staff courteous and helpful.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Palmersville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is a fabulous hotel. Beautiful. Historic. Friendly. Wonderful downtown Atlanta stay! Close to shopping, culture, arts, great eating and best of all THE BRAVES TURNER FIELD. Everyone greeted us each time we enter and exited. The rooms were very comfortable and relaxing. Parking was convenient and secure as was hotel and hotel lobby access. Highly encourage this choice for anyone looking for downtown Atlanta stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family