“Great location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown
Ranked #42 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The Hampton Inn Downtown Atlanta was in a great location for touring in downtown Atlanta, since it is located within walking distance of many attractions and restaurants. Only negative was $20 parking fee.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I arrived on a busy Saturday night and found no onsite parking. Had to park a block away in a parking garage with no elevator and some shady people loitering in the parking garage. Definitely not safe for families. The rooms are small and the bathroom area is very tight. The windows are the worst as they are paper thin and let in all of the traffic and city noise which lasted until about 3am in the morning.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Chad G
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Chad G,

I’m very sorry that we fell short of your expectations. We are in a unique building that was built circa 1928 which includes the original windows. As for parking, there are some weekends that require us to utilize an additional parking lot. I will address your concerns with the parking deck’s management team.

Again, I do apologize for the inconvenience and I hope you give us another chance to serve you if your travels bring you back to our area. Please know that we value your business and will work hard to earn your trust once again. If you should have any further questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The king suite was great and the room was very clean. The bed was comfortable and always nice to have a complimentary breakfast as well! The staff were great and I would definitely stay at this location again.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Our group was greeted with warm hospitality. The staff members were very attentive! The rooms were clean as well as comfortable, and the location was perfect. We were within walking distance from several major attractions. We will definitely be returning to this location.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I travel for business 40+ weeks a year. I normally enjoy properties in historic buildings. Like this property they have a great location and are rather nice places to live for a few days. Unfortunately this property looks for large unruly groups during the holidays "to fill rooms". Don't expect the hotel staff to control these groups and prevent noisy parties in the halls, slamming doors to all hours, or any attempt to prevent annoying actives.

If you're a business traveler, or looking for a quiet place to rest after a day touring Atlanta, stay at the Doubletree across the street. The rates aren't much different and the quality of your stay will be much improved.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here if you want a good nights sleep
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Del A
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Del A,

Thank you for taking my call yesterday. Again, my apologies on the noise disturbance you experienced during your stay this week.

We value your business and hope that you will give us an opportunity to earn your trust again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Check in took about an hour to finally get us in a proper room. Had to be moved 3 times to a differnt room. They gave us one room someone was already in it. Did not use my reservation for my points. They charged my card to much. Took a week to get that straight.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank trbrtjmr
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear trbrtjmr,

Thank you for taking time to post a review about your recent stay. I do apologize for the unpleasant check-in experience when you arrived. I have addressed your experience with the Front Desk manager about the confusion when booking a reservation utilizing the Hhonors points & money promotion.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I visited Atlanta for a conference of historians that was held at the Atlanta Hilton and I was so glad that I stayed at the downtown Hampton Inn. The building is on the national register, the free breakfasts were delightful (egg dish changes daily) and my room had funky, idustrial windows that I could open.

Room Tip: I wish I was higher than the 4th floor but I still enjoyed it. Cleaning staff will omit the air fre...
2  Thank B F H

Dear B F D,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to post a great review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I’m so glad you enjoyed your trip to Atlanta for the Historians conference. As you pointed out, part of our uniqueness and charm comes from the building build in 1927.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.