“Hampton Wins my vote!”

Ranked #41 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Leesburg, United States
“Hampton Wins my vote!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

Our family recently stayed for the first time at this Hampton location. Our eldest son was moving into SCAD Atlanta to attend Art school there. We stay in Atlanta often to attend sporting events (especially Braves!) and activities. I can honestly say this was by far the quietest hotel we have stayed in, room was comfortable, clean & staff was vey friendly and the complimentary breakfast was very good with a a great selection. We will stay here in the future as we visit the great city of Atlanta!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Stacey N.

Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

We looking forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta!

Andrew May – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Turkish first
St Charles, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

I highly recommend this hotel if you are in Atlanta. The staff was wonderful and helpful. There are awesome restaurants within easy walking distance. I ate at Ted's Montana Grill which is about 1 city block from the Hotel's front door. The Bison steak was fabulous.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Dear Margaret T.

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I completely agree with you, Ted’s Montana Grill is one of my favorite restaurants in the area and I personally recommend to all of our hotel guests.

Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Boonville, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

The hotel is very pretty and in a great location. The MARTA station is close and so are some wonderful Atlanta Attractions. The hotel charged $18 for one night of parking. I think it should be discounted more for a hotel guest staying overnight. I would stay in Atlanta again. I like the consistency of the Hampton Inn hotels.

Dear Julie E,

Thank you for taking time to post a review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I’m so glad you enjoyed trip to Atlanta. Thank you for pointing out our convenient location to MARTA .

As for parking rates, our hotel is one of the lower priced in the downtown area that provides unlimited “in & out” privileges. Guests are free to park their car in other lots, but we caution them on fluctuating hourly/daily prices.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post a review. We’re looking forward to having you stay with us during your next trip to Atlanta.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

The hotel was decorated beautiful. It is central to everything downtown in walking distance. Will recommend anyone to stay. Friendly staff. Only reason my sleep quality is very good instead of excellent is due to the mattress being a little to firm for me. My daughter did not care she slept like baby. Will be back in the future.

Dear Valued Guest,

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

My family and I stayed here for one night during our road trip. Our room was clean and set up nicely, but space was limited. They charged $18/night for your car, and security is tight so you have to run out to your car to put out a tag so they don't "boot" it. The lobby is also very secure, you need your key just to get inside the door.

I went to the gym downstairs and there were 3 treadmills, 1 elliptical, weights, a mat and a bike. The equipment was pretty new but you could tell it was well used. There was 1 treadmill that was not working, and one of the employees was trying to help me get it started but unfortunately they needed to call in order to have someone come out to fix it. Overall, it was a decent workout facility for a hotel, no frills but definitely usable.

One of the downsides to our room was our shower, the water flow was very low and it felt like a slight mist while you were in the shower. I understand this may be more environmentally friendly, but in the meantime I spend more time in the shower trying to get clean....

On the other hand, when we requested more towels and an extra blanket, there was an employee at our door in well under 5 minutes.

We went down to the breakfast (which is included) around 8:30am and it was already really crowded, and it was a Saturday. My advice is to get there early, especially when it closes at 10am!! There were a variety of healthy options. There was hot oatmeal, waffles, muffins, bananas, apples, honeydew/pineapple/grapes. The oatmeal was slightly cool by the time I got to it--part of the reason why I suggest getting there early. There were 4 different types of cereal to choose from, regular cheerios included.

Overall, for the price of the hotel and the central location, you can't beat it. However, I'm not sure what the other hotels in the area are like, so I can only compare this location to other Hampton Inns I've stayed in in the past.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Location - great! Staff - extremely helpful and very nice. Room - comfortable and clean. Stay - like they all should be. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. I travel quite a bit for business and pleasure and you never know what to expect with any hotel. This one was right in the center of downtown Atlanta and convenient to restaurants and anything else you need to do. The staff was was really set the tone for the stay and were helpful at every turn. Beds were comfortable and I got a great nights sleep. Would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Wilmington, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Aside from the loss of computer property, the accommodations and staff were great. The current process for the housekeeping services entails leaving the door to the room open while cleaning. This enabled unauthorized access to our suite.