“Classy Hampton”

Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown
Ranked #42 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was the first hotel I stayed at in Atlanta and I liked it. Liked the angled rooms and views of the city. Breakfast was a bit more varied than usual Hampton fare - and large and airy area to eat in. Staff was great- and I always like the Hampton beds and duvets. A bit classier than many of the Hamptons I have stayed at. Too pricey for my client budget so I didn't get to stay there much and was often totally booked.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear RedWombatRoadie,

Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I’m glad you found our location to be convenient and our rooms clean and well appointed for your needs. Please reach out to our sales staff at 404-589-1111 if you travel to Atlanta frequently and want to inquire about corporate negotiated rates.

Hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The front desk was professional and very knowledgeable of the area, they answered every question we had from where to eat to getting back to the highway when we were leaving. I actually booked the room on line and selected the date a month too early and was not aware until my credit card bill was charged for the no show. I immediately called the hotel directly and told them of my mistake and they re-booked me for the correct date and credited my charge account.
Every staff member that we came in contact with was courteous and friendly, the managers of this property are definitely doing everything right when they train their staff!

Room Tip: Request a room not on the Spring St side if you plan to sleep in.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Christine S,

Thank you for taking an opportunity to post a review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I’m so glad we were able to adjust your reservation and credit your account in a timely manner. I will also make it a point to share your positive experiences with my team.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our stay was o.k. except the first night, we were located next to one of the suites and you could hear everything coming from that room. Unfortunately we could not switch rooms due to the hotel being at full capacity. The next night was much better as those folks had checked out. I think due to the set up of this hotel, you can hear not only the street noise, but also your neighbors and folks in the hallways. Definitely not quiet rooms. With that said, the rooms were clean and the free breakfast is always nice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear klind123,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown. I apologize that your comfort was interrupted by other guests on your first night with us. Also thank you for pointing out that our rooms were clean and that you enjoyed the breakfast.

I do hope the next time you return to our area that you consider staying with us again. We would love to have another shot at providing a great hotel stay.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Traveling as a group and all of us meeting in Atlant-all in our group agree it was a great place to stay. The frontdesk was ridiculously kind and helpful from genuinely being upset they had no rooms to put us in earlier (we got into town around 10am and they had a huge convention who were all checking out) to providing us with directions, lists, and even menues for many restaurants around. I also appreviated the staff always saying 'hi' when seeing us in the halls and elevators. Easy parking though a bit steep ($ 18) whatelse can you expect in a big downtown. Very clean and very confortable rooms. The shower was a bit testy when finding juuuust the right temp but I got it after a few minutes. The lobby was very comfortable which we spent a lot of time -all 11 of us together- even ordering in our dinner and celebrating a birthday down in the lobby with TV and plenty of room to spread out. The breakfast was good and what I would expect from a FREE hotel breakfast, those who would expect more must usually pay for their breakfast. Easy walking distance from CNN, Coke, and GA Aquarium and a hundred restaurants. Overall a great stay for the price (under $ 200 for a onebedroom suite in which we comfortably had 4 adults and a toddler). Definately recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear teebyrd333,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to post a wonderful and very detailed review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, Please come back and stay with us soon!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

First I’d like to say that those working the front desk at reception are some of the most professional and helpful I have encountered. Despite arriving at the hotel several hours before the normal check-in time (due to an early flight) they still managed to get me in my room by 1pm. This is greatly appreciated. They were also very helpful with showing me maps and giving me directions. Good for someone who has never been in Atlanta before.

The only downsides were I thought the hotel was somewhat over priced and the breakfast was only very average as compared to other hotels I have stayed at. There is also no kettle in the suite nor milk in the fridge making impossible to have a cup of tea. Whilst I do drink coffee, I much prefer a nice cup of tea in the morning.

I probably won’t be in Atlanta any time soon but will likely stay at a Hampton Inn again in the future because of the helpful and friendly service I received here.

Room Tip: Book a room on a high floor to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Roger B
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Roger B

Thank you for taking a few minutes to post a review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I’m glad your encounters with my desk staff exceeded your expectations; our staff takes great pride in providing excellent service to all our guests so it’s always rewarding to hear the success stories. You can be sure I will share your response with them.

Our rates vary depending on the demand in the city. We structure them to our market and in line with our competitors. While hotels even charge for WIFI and Breakfast, we do not.

We look forward to having you stay with us next time you travel back to Atlanta

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Convenient, quality service and facilities at an affordable rate. As usual with Hampton Inns you know what your getting - there are no surprises. Staff was very courteous and helpful.
The breakfast included a large variety of choices. The food area was clean and and easy to use. Toaster was slow and needed three tries to toast my bagel so that it had some color.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Paul D,

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I’m glad you found our location convenient for your recent trip to Atlanta. Thanks for pointing out your experience with the toaster; it looked like one of the heating elements was loose.

We look forward to seeing you again for a return visit!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've stayed at this very convenient hotel a number of times (and usually stay in Hampton Inns), and have never been disappointed. The hotel was, as usual, clean and comfortable, with very good service. My sole complaint has to do with the breakfast: I usually have decaf coffee (a necessity), oatmeal and orange juice -- but there was no decaf (they had completely run out of decaf), the oatmeal was not fully cooked (yuck), and the orange juice was little more than orange flavored water -- either incorrectly prepared or purposely diluted. Not a big deal, but clearly some supervision is needed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank lecitoyen
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear lecitoyen,

I’m glad you continually find our accommodations and customer service exceed your expectations. Thank you for pointing out some of your concerns about Breakfast. I had a meeting with the staff to review your experience and I put in a service call to have the juice machine calibrated to ensure the proper consistency.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us next time you travel back to Atlanta.