“Just OK”

Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown
Ranked #42 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel is in a decent location, but based on my frequent experience with Hampton Inns, fell short of my expectations. The room was teensy, tiny...really, really small. There was no refrigerator. And for most of the time, our TV did not work. Breakfast just so-so. On the positive side, parking is convenient and the fitness room is nice.

While this is beyond the hotel's control, there were groups of people partying and slamming doors throughout the night (3:30-5:30 a.m.!!!). Better soundproofing would help.

There are other choices in the area, and thus I am likely to choose another hotel for my next visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Lisa D,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to post a review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I’m very sorry that we fell short of your expectations. We are in a unique building that was built circa 1928. Some of the uniqueness is the many different room lay-outs in our configuration. We do have refrigerators available on request and all of our suites come equipped with one.

I certainly understand that you have many choices for lodging in the downtown area; I hope that you will consider staying with us again when you travel to Atlanta in the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This location is near a lot of tourist items like Coca-Cola Museum, CNN, Hard Rock Cafe, Pitty Pat's Porch...they are all within easy walking distance ( and I am 60+ and overweight ). The hotel is itself was very good. The staff at check-in were very pleasant, as well as the dining room staff for the complimentary breakfast. This one has the largest dining room area of any Hampton Inn I have been to. Breakfast varies from scrambled eggs to omelets to biscuits with gravy to oatmeal to waffles, plus a variety of cereal. The beds were great and the curtains fully close for a dark room. The room was very clean and the TV is on DirectTV, so there a ton of channels to watch if you want to kick back and relax in your room.

Room Tip: If there was any shortcomings it is in the parking lot and that is if you came in after 10 pm, you m...
2  Thank BigGuyfromDallas
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear BigGuyfromTexas

Thank you for taking time to post a wonderful review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I’m so glad you enjoyed the breakfast and found the rooms very accommodating to your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed for two nights at this hotel with a group of tree friends. The hotel is located in the very heart of Atlanta, close to the Olympic park and the Coca Cola museum. The subway is also nearby. The hotel staff was very friendly. When we arrived, our luggage got lost somewhere in the air transport, and we immediately received tooth brushes, toothpaste, shaving razors, etc from the hotel. Our room was located on the street side but we didn't have any problems with street noises - we stayed during the weekend though and it was very calm then. The room was nice and clean, and so were the beds. The breakfast buffet was also very good. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JazzJumper
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear JazzJumper

Thank you for taking a few minutes to post a great review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient to all the local attractions. Sorry to hear that the airline lost your luggage, I’m glad we were able to assist you with some temporary toiletries until your luggage arrives.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and a big thank you for recommending us for future travelers looking for a home away from home in downtown Atlanta.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

If a 3.5 rating was possible, I would have given that. I don't have the heart to give only 3 because the hotel is beautiful. The decor is much more upscale than what you'd expect. Every staff person we met was also very friendly. The location is good being close to Centennial Park, the aquarium and the World of Coca-Cola. A MARTA station is also nearby. The room is small, but was fine for us (a couple) as we only needed a clean place to shower and sleep. A small fridge would have been nice for drinks, but we were only there for a weekend, so not a big deal. The biggest drawback to this hotel though is the lack of sound-proofing. We had some neighbors who were noisy in the hallway at all hours of the night. But the worst was the honking of the cars on the street. It must be the "Atlanta way" to give 6 or 7 short honks for whatever reason while driving around. It happens quite frequently, at all hours of the day and night, and you will hear all of them.

Room Tip: Stay on a non-street side and/or in an end unit away from traffic of other guests.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear DebFinHSP,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to post a review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I’m glad you found our location to be convenient and our rooms well appointed for your needs. I’m sorry for any inconvenience the street level noise played on your stay. We are a Historical building and some of the uniqueness comes from the original windows. I’m currently working with some of our neighbors to try and curtail some of the car horns you may hear that are not associated with our hotel.

I hope that you will still consider staying with us when you travel to Atlanta again.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I must agree with the other reviewers. Excellent stay. HH Gold. Upgraded to a suite. Very clean and quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Dana, the manager, penned a nice note to welcome us and I can't think of a nicer Hampton Inn anywhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Al F,

I’m so glad you found our location very clean and quiet. Thank you for your loyalty with Hilton Honors.

We’re looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Really nice hotel, clean & quiet. Employee's are all extremely helpful. Great location, Marta is close as well as many restaurants. The only down side, is that the rooms are small, but they make up for it with everything else.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear ryankhr3,

Thank you for taking a few moments to write a great review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient and our staff courteous and helpful.

Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in August for a conference and I enjoyed my stay so I decided to come back for a recent business trip. Everything is top notch; the choices for breakfast, the fitness center is well maintained and clean, the room is clean and ready for arrival, and the wi-fi is great. There's also a coffee station in the lobby anytime you need a cup.

I guess if there's one gripe it's the cleanliness of the business center. The keyboards and mouse pads look so dirty (probably from the high usage) but I'm not going to ding them a star on that.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Taniguck

I am so glad you have been a repeat guest in such a short amount of time. I’m glad you mentioned the coffee station in the lobby. As an avid coffee fan myself, I find it important to have it readily available 24 hours a day for all our guests.

Thank you for your observations in the business center, I ordered new mouse pads today!

Looking forward to having you stay with us again soon.