“Beautiful hotel”

Ranked #42 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Wesley Chapel, Florida
“Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I must agree with the other reviewers. Excellent stay. HH Gold. Upgraded to a suite. Very clean and quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Dana, the manager, penned a nice note to welcome us and I can't think of a nicer Hampton Inn anywhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Al F,

Thank you for taking time to post a wonderful review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I’m so glad you found our location very clean and quiet. Thank you for your loyalty with Hilton Honors.

We’re looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Andrew May – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Turkish first
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Really nice hotel, clean & quiet. Employee's are all extremely helpful. Great location, Marta is close as well as many restaurants. The only down side, is that the rooms are small, but they make up for it with everything else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear ryankhr3,

Thank you for taking a few moments to write a great review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient and our staff courteous and helpful.

Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in August for a conference and I enjoyed my stay so I decided to come back for a recent business trip. Everything is top notch; the choices for breakfast, the fitness center is well maintained and clean, the room is clean and ready for arrival, and the wi-fi is great. There's also a coffee station in the lobby anytime you need a cup.

I guess if there's one gripe it's the cleanliness of the business center. The keyboards and mouse pads look so dirty (probably from the high usage) but I'm not going to ding them a star on that.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Taniguck

I am so glad you have been a repeat guest in such a short amount of time. I’m glad you mentioned the coffee station in the lobby. As an avid coffee fan myself, I find it important to have it readily available 24 hours a day for all our guests.

Thank you for your observations in the business center, I ordered new mouse pads today!

Looking forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

August 28-29, 2012 Myself and 2 others rented 3 rooms here for one night. I try to always stay at this Hampton. It is a great location if you have business at the State Bar of Georgia Building. We were able to walk to dinner at the Hard Rock. It was just a couple of blocks away. We also walked to the State Bar building the next day and was able to leave our car parked at the Hampton. Hampton does charge for parking but this is typical at every hotel in the heart of Atlanta.

I had trouble sliding my card to park my vehicle. I believe it was due to a very hard rain we just had and maybe it was too wet within the device. A man came up to me in clothing that led me to believe he worked there. He \used his shirt to dry it out a little and then swiped my card - the gate arm then came up. That is when he told me it would cost me $7 CASH ONLY to park my car and I could settle up inside. I politely told him no that I would not pay $7 because I had just had the parking added to my bill inside when I checked him. He them walked off. I told the front desk about it and they were very apologetic. They told me to never give anybody money around the hotel. This did not scare me away from this property. I live in a small town and get people asking me for money at the gas station all the time. This property location did not make me feel as if I was in a bad area. The staff was extremely friendly; from the front desk, to the cleaning staff, and the breakfast staff!

The rooms were roomy and very nice. We were only on the 3rd floor and the street noise could be heard at times but it did not disturb me. Beds were VERY comfy. Breakfast was wonderful!! I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Marie J

Thank you for taking time and effort to post a review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay and found us convenient to the federal buildings.

I’m sorry you had some issues with the parking gate upon your arrival. You were absolutely correct to not pay anybody outside for parking. We never collect cash in the actual parking lot. All payments are made at the front desk.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I enjoyed my 4 night stay at this hotel very much. Easily accessible from the MARTA at Peachtree Centre if your coming in from ATL airport as I did.

My room on the 8th Floor was clean and well presented with everything I needed. Internet was wifi and complimentary. Breakfast, also complimentary was plentiful and varied.

The hotel is located within easy walking distance of many Atlanta attractions and is a good base for seeing the city. CNN, Olympic Park, Georgia Aquarium, Coca Cola World and many restaurants and cosy bars are located close to the hotel.

The hotel front desk, housekeeping and breakfast staff were all very friendly and courteous.

This hotel has two pedestrian access doors. The entrance on Spring Street is kept locked 24 hours a day with access granted by use of room key or intercom to front desk staff. The vehicle drop off entrance on Carnegie Way is open during the day time and room key access in the evening.

Thoroughly recommend this hotel as a good alternative to the bigger convention style hotels.

Room Tip: Higher floors will get you away from the road noise on Spring Street. I was on the top floor (8th) a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Oldsk8r
Dear oldsk8r,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to post a great review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown. I love the title you gave us… “Quiet little giant downtown”

I’m happy you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be convenient to all the downtown attractions and found the building safe and secure.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and a big thank you for recommending us for future convention travelers.

Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Centrally located, this is an excellent alternative to the large convention hotels that used to be your only choice if you wanted to stay downtown. Self parking is right by the door, though expensive at $18.00, I much prefer it to the parking garages that are usually you only option. Its an old renovated building but very well done.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Spring Street if street noise bothers you.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Columbus_GASteve,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to post an excellent review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I’m happy you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be convenient for downtown conventions that take place at the GWCC.

Please come back and stay with us soon!

MERRIMACK
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Recently stayed here for business and chose this location because of its location to downtown and various attractions. First off the hotel is very nicely appointed and modern in appearance, with typical HI decore, nice breakfast, etc. My room was a king suite, which had a separate small living room with TV, couch, desk and a nice sized bedroom. Also a small wet bar with fridge etc. the room was very clean and worked well as a place to crash at night. The only issue I had, which other reviewers have mentioned is the noise. As this is a historic building, the windows are old pane glass and NOT soundproof at all. In fact you can hear someone's conversation on the street below, and I was on the 6th floor facing a side street. With it being close to downtown you hear all the traffic, fire engines, buses and such. It was just too bad that they cannot upgrade the windows. Everything else was great, the staff was helpful and very pleasant. However when I'm back in the downtown Atlanta area I will look for another hotel, like the Weston which is almost next door and much more modern building. Note the Marriott across the street also has it share of problems, as a colleague of mine was staying there and did not like it at all.
Great restaurants nearby, try Guirneys Pub in peach tree plaza lower level, great food at reasonable prices.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear 2tall4red,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to post a review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I’m glad you found our location to be convenient and our rooms well appointed for your needs. I’m sorry for any inconvenience the street level noise played on your stay. As you pointed out, we are a Historical building and some of the uniqueness comes from the original windows.

I hope that you will reconsider your decision to stay with us when you travel to Atlanta again.