Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,209 results
All reviewsgreat locationspring streetfront deskted's montana grillcentennial parkwalking distancestreet noiseworld of coca colageorgia aquariumfree breakfastbreakfast staffphilips arenaking suitethe breakfast areaferris wheelwould definitely stay here againconvention center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel is a great place to stay in Atlanta. It is walking distance to the Georgia Aquarium, Coca Cola, CNN, and Centennial Park. It is also only a short walk to Underground Atlanta and a short drive to Turner Field. We have stayed here a couple of times and would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Debbie C
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We have stayed at this property many times over the year. Pretty much what you expect from Hampton Inn. Location is good for downtown At;anta activities and plenty of nearby restaurants. Rooms are fine, staff is fine. Front desk is usually very polite. Breakfast is always good and well designed.
Always insist on rooms that do not face the small Marriott hotel across the street. Their valet parking requires them honking horns as they enter and exit, so 24 hour the horn blowing makes sleeping impossible in front facing rooms. Stay 5th floor or above and sides or back corners for best sleep. We know yhis and always request specific rooms. The request was not honored on this trip reminding how bad the front rooms were. Next time we will likely stay elsewhere unless the manager personally guarantees room choice in advance.

Room Tip: Stay 5th floor or above and sides or back corners for best sleep. see review
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David K
Hampton-Atlanta, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear D K,

Thank you for taking time to post a review about your recent experience here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

My apologies, I am sorry you were unhappy about your room location during your last stay with us. If availability warrants, we make every effort to honor requests for room changes and upgrades, especially to any of our repeat guests. Unfortunately, because of the multiple sell-outs that occurred during your stay, we did not have any ability to honor room change requests. I understand your reluctance to stay with us again, but please contact me at the hotel directly the next time you plan on staying in Atlanta again so I can work with making sure your requests are honored.

Dana Lamb – Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stopped in Atlanta enroute to Texas. The hotel was clean, the staff friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was very nice, including fresh fruit. Used the treadmill and elliptical in the workout room - both were sturdy and working well. As a family of five, my primary concern is cleanliness and the bathroom and bedding, etc., were very clean. The traffic was a bit loud at times but that's part of the city atmosphere. There is a daily parking fee which is just paces from the entry doors. Even on a hot day, I appreciated the complimentary hot tea area after a long day of traveling. The hotel is within walking distance to the GA Aquarium, Coke factory, and a strip of restaurants. I would definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Zombiemom
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear Zombiemom,

Thank you for taking time of minutes to post a great review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

We’re glad you and your family enjoyed your stay and found our location to be convenient to everything downtown. Thank you for pointing out the wonderful breakfast and fitness center machinery that you utilized during your stay.

Looking forward to having you and your family stay with us again!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was the location for a best friends trip to Atlanta to see our favorite band at Phillips Arena. After eliminating the Embassy Suites, a bit dated, and the Omni, some "less than" great reviews, I went back to my favorite Hampton Inn. So glad that I did. Wow, this Hampton stay was great from the start. Rhea at the front desk is a phenomenon! We watched her multitask phones, front desk, check-in, check-out, parking, maps, UPS delivery, you name it she did it with a smile on her face and with incredible efficiency. She provided us with everything we could think of and made us feel like there was no way we could have stayed anywhere else. Rooms was clean, cool, comfortable bed, fast elevators, a mini-apartment feel. Good local for Phillips, Coke Museum, CNN, etc. If you need to stay in this area of Atlanta, this is my #1 choice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LoveVacation5
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear loveVacation5,

Thank you for taking time to post a wonderful review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with friends and found our location to be convenient to Philips Arena.

My team takes great pride in exceeding guest expectations, so it was great to hear about your successful interactions with Rhea at the Front Desk.

With lots of hotel options in our market, we are honored to be your 1st choice!!

Please come back and stay with us soon!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I booked this hotel because of a friend's recommendation. Boy, was he right! He lives in Atlanta and told us this hotel would be excellent for us!

This hotel is approx 2 blocks from the Georgia Aquarium and neighboring World of Coca-Cola, both destinations we visited during our 2 night/3day stay.

The outside wasn't anything spectacular but when you go inside you are easily impressed with the hardwood floors and pretty decor on the walls. This hotel is on the National Registry for Historic Places. The hotel associate at the front desk was friendly and courteous. The rooms were amazing! It had the feel of an apartment. The bedroom had 2 big, comfortable, heavenly beds. The bedroom had a modern flat screen television. The downer was the thunder and lightning storm that hit the 2 night of our stay. The hotel has direct tv and the picture went out once the storms hit.

The living room area was roomy with a pull out sofa and another modern, flat screen tv. There was a small kitchenette area. It included a small sink, mini-fridge and drawers. There was plenty of space for up to 6 people. The bathroom was clean and modern.

The hotel offered a continental breakfast and it was great. They served eggs, various hot/cold cereals, toast and danish options, various juices, coffee and fresh fruit.

I wasn't happy about the parking fees. I thought they were high but it's better than a parking garage.

Otherwise, this hotel is great for families and can easily fit up to 6 people comfortably. The location was excellent since we were traveling with a toddler and our destinations were the Georgia Aquarium and the World of Coca-Cola. We had a pleasant walk going and coming from both places.

We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant/lounge at night. We chose restaurant's outside the hotel. We went to the Hard Rock since we pretty much knew what the menu would be like, especially with a small child who has developing taste buds. The Hard Rock was typical American food attached with high prices. The service was excellent and fun.

I really don't have anything negative to say about this hotel other than it felt like home away from home. I felt we got a great rate during our stay too.

As I mentioned earlier, the parking fees were a bit high but the hotel's atmosphere overcompensated for that dent in the wallet.

Would I stay here again? YES! I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank lovethemouse p
161HamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear lovethemouse p,

Thank you for taking time and effort to post a wonderful and detailed review about your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be convenient to everything downtown. As you pointed out, our suites are spacious and some have the ability to sleep six people comfortably.

As for parking, we do include in & out privileges throughout your stay and keep the rates a little below the market average for our guests.

Most importantly, thank you for highly recommending us in the future!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!