“Great Value”

Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Downtown
Ranked #41 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Great Experience at a Great Price with complimentary breakfast.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

The staff at this property are exceptionally friendly and responsive. I have had great experiences at Hampton Inn's nationwide, but this one is behind on the national standards and needs a refresh. Checkin was friendly and quick, but the suite was dated. The mattress was worn and too soft. The bathroom was the most in need of improvement. The bathroom had a bath/shower combo. The water control handle was loose so it was difficult to use, and the waterpressure was too low. Also, the bathroom sink did not operate properly. That is, it would not provide solely cold water with any pressure. So I ended up brushing my teeth with warm water because there was no cold-only allowance from the faucet. The towel quality was good and the room was well cleaned. The breakfast was not impressive or even average. Usually, a standard Hampton Inn breakfast is edible with some perks like fresh fruit and yogurt. It was the hot food which tasted stale or just plain bad. This wasn't the fault of the very attentive staff, but instead I think the food that the hotel buys and uses for the hot items is just low quality. For example, the sausage links were salty, tough and chewy. The eggs were downright "grade B" or below. I do want to be clear that the staff-professionalism and courtesies were definitely strong here. But the property needs a refresh and they need to increase the quality of the overall product. Next door there is a Marriott for a comparable rate, so I would consider that an alternative until this property announces an update.

Room Tip: Before you unpack, check the mattress for sagging.
2  Thank KollegeKlubMadison
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We recently spent a week at this hotel while at a conference. The staff was extremely courteous and friendly. This is a redently rennovated older hotel but looked new inside. Breakfast was quite good with hot eggs and meats each day along with the usual. the location was perfect. Just a 10 minute walk from about everything downtown.

Room Tip: Single rooms are small since this was originally an older hotel.
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Stayed here for three nights. The hotel is in the central of down town within walking distance of the Aquarium, CNN and The World of Coca Cola.
Very friendly and helpful front desk staff. Room are large with all you would expect from a Hampton Inn.
Complimentary brakfast was plentiful had a good variety and was frequently replenished.
Stayed on 6th floor at the back which avoided much of the street noise.
It's next door to the Marriott and the Westin.
Would certainly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: choose a high floor to avoid street noise
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We had a 1-night reservation for a concert at the Tabernacle only a few hundred feet away. Having been downtown Atlanta prior, I was worried about parking, but the lot is right behind the hotel with plenty of room exclusively for guests. Upon check in, Carlos was extremely helpful and able to answer all our questions about the area. When arriving in our room, I was a bit surprised to have only one bed (as there were three of us and I always reserve a double). Upon checking our reservation (via free wifi) I was aghast at MY mistake, yep 1 bed. I called Carlos and within 5 minutes, he was at our door with a key to a double! EXCELLENT Service. The room was the cleanest we have stayed in a long time. Perfect Location for any downtown activities.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2011

This hotel has a great location right in the center of downtown. Very close to most downtown attractions. I was traveling to see a concert at the Tabernacle music hall, and it is less than a block away. The desk staff were very nice and helpful. The room was larger than expected, very clean, and comfortable beds. Parking was simple, and not as expensive as most hotels in the area. I would recommend for a weekend stay in the ATL.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ekaplan01
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We had reservations for two nights, and upon check-in, we were warmly greeted at the front desk. We unloaded our belongings, and while my husband went to park the car, I took the cart and proceeded to our room. The room was very nice with large tile in the bathroom extending to the foyer area which was a bit different. The room appeared smaller than many hotels not in the big city but nice. It had two large windows overlooking the street. As I was there for a moment, I heard voices along the street. Being a light sleeper, I immediately asked if there was another room that we could get higher up or away from the street. They had both and asked my preference and promptly traded for a room on the seventh floor...much better. The breakfast area was really nice with more choices than many hotels that my husband stays in. He travels quite often and is an expert on the buffet bars. There were many choices from hot waffles, and eggs and biscuits and gravy to yogurt and fresh fruit and cereal. The area was kept very clean and the staff was great and very friendly. They were taking away plates almost as soon as we were finished eating. The hotel is located right in the heart of downtown. The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful. There were delicious cookies available in the evening. We were in town for a ballgame at the Georgie Dome and leisurely walked to the facility and back without worry. A downside is the parking garage next door where they honk the horns going in and out makes for light sleeping, and the many bums that you encounter asking for money. We were checking out and my husband was sitting in the car at the door waiting for me to come outside, and someone approached him asking for money. That is not the hotel's fault and goes along with the big city. Overall...a nice hotel, and I would stay there again if needing a conveniently located hotel; however I would ask for a room away from the street.

Room Tip: I would choose high up and away from the street due to the excessive honking. If you're a heavy...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple