“This place was awesome,the staff GREAT. just ask for mr.bill....”

Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #114 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“This place was awesome,the staff GREAT. just ask for mr.bill....”
Reviewed December 9, 2010

It seems like a normal hotel, but its far from it the staff is so helpful, have a question they had a answer...plan on staying here agin for sure.....thanks mr.bill...come to find out he was the GM, but not ur normal GM he went above and beyond to help all the guest there. thats not just me saying it it was everyone he was the buzz in the elevator, at breakfast...which is another great thing about the quality hotel in downtown atlanta........u will not be dissappointed stay here........GO GAMECOCKS!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, August 26, 2016
COUNTRY32,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again when you next travel to Atlanta. Since your stay, we have been actively working to improve our services, responsiveness, and the functionality of our products to ensure things are operating as they should. We have been updating and upgrading our rooms and the general appearance of our property. I hope you have safe travels in the future.

Enoch D.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
LaGrange, Georgia
Reviewed December 1, 2010

We were in town for MERCHANDISE MART and needed a nearby location. This hotel was ideal. it is within walking distance of many attractions and resturants as well. It has great service and the breakfast was outstanding. The Manager, Bill, and all of his staff were great. They were informative, helpfu, friendly and very accomondating.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Hammer1947,

Best Wishes,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 23, 2010

We found this hotel service to be excellent with an outgoing staff who is always willing to accomodate our requests. From the time we entered the hotel the reception we received changed our mood from the stressed traveller to being relaxed and enjoy our stay.It didn't matter who we asked Bill, Erica, Chata or Ashley they where always helpful and we were greeted with a smile. Their recomendations for food and entertainemnet with directions were excellent every time.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
ELMmotion,

Monterey, Tennessee
Reviewed November 23, 2010

I was met at the entrance by Bill Moore, the manager, who helped me park my vehicle in a safe place. Two employees moved their vehicles to accomodate a safe place for me to park. Everyone was very nice and friendly. Atlanta still has the southern charm that is missing in most larger cities and the manager and staff at the Quality Hotel are great ambassadors for the City Of Atlanta. Thanks Bill and your staff!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Kenevil,

Jacksonville FL
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Stayed at the Quality Inn on Luckie St in down town Atlanta this weekend. Met some friends there for the Miami/Ga Tech Game. We had such a great time the hotel was convenient enough to the stadium so that we could walk. We felt safe and loved the area it was in. Everything was so convenient and the Staff was fantastic from Check-in to Housekeeping. Management was there to greet us also! Our room was comfortable and clean and we were located right next to the ice and vending machines (we liked that). We were given the room we asked for which is always great! They are going through some changes and we understand they will be remodeling soon. This was just a really great place to stay and we will definitely stay here again. Oh and for those who have pets we understand they are pet friendly, a big plus in my book!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
general15,

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed November 5, 2010

I was in Atlanta for an exposition and had a non cancellable reservation here. An important matter surfaced which did not allow me to stay overnight. I met with the general manager who understood my predicament and was kind enough to let me out of the committment to stay overnight. The check in staff was very attentive here. Although I didn't stay this night, I will certainly stay here on my next trip to Atlanta simply because of the courtesy shown to me.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
39604mike,

Wheatland, Wyoming
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I reserved 5 rooms for myself and staff to attend a national convention at the GWCC for 5 days. I am a Choice Priviledges Platinum Member, and this was the closest hotel I could find with that chain. I was a little concerned that it might be an older hotel in a downtown area that might not come up to expectations. I was pleasently surprized. Not only were the accomodations very nice (I only had one complaint from one of my staff members...there was some mold in his shower-coming from Wyoming he was not used to that). Most of all, the staff at the hotel were outstanding...there was nothing they would not do to make our stay better. Even the Manager greeted us every morning in the breakfast room to make sure we were being taken care of properly. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business