“Good hotel, Great people”

Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #112 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Orlando, Florida
“Good hotel, Great people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

Room Was good, Staff was great. A/C worked. Quiet hotel. Breakfast good.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, August 26, 2016
john-from-orlando-10,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again when you next travel to Atlanta. Since your stay, we have been actively working to improve our services, responsiveness, and the functionality of our products to ensure things are operating as they should. We have been updating and upgrading our rooms and the general appearance of our property. I hope you have safe travels in the future.

Enoch D.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
columbia, md
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

I was looking for an affordable well located Hotel in downtown Atlanta. I found it here, the price was great, parking was cheap, rooms were clean and the staff was great. The hotel was walking distance to all the sites in Atlanta. I was there for the US National fencing Championships so I know others that paid more in one day to park the car then I paid for my enture 4 day visit. They also paid a lot more for the room and were not as happy as I.

kjswick,

como
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2010

Hotel is conveniently located downtown: it is at a walking distance from CNN, Coca Cola, Olympic park (all of which you can easily visit).

Staff is friendly; morning breakfast is nice (fresh sweeties) and wireless is ok.

Price was good (79$/night during the week). The building is an old one, so do not expect a luxury accommodation. Yet, it is clean and air conditioning works ok.

Only problem: in the bathroom of my colleagues there was a water leak from the ceiling, which was however eventually fixed.

Overall, I would return.

pepeCar,

Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2010

I appreciated the manager, Bill, who was the friendliest manager I ever met at a hotel. He intentionally came to morning breakfasts to mix and talk with the customers. He loaned me a cart to carry boxes and luggage to my place of business, on the condition i returned it within an hour (I did). The staff worked hard to please in every detail. I recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
jazzkeys,

Valley Stream, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

This Hotel is not the most updated but you if you are looking for a place to call home away from home for a great price, this is the place to stay. This Quality Inn is in the heart of MidTown and close to many attractions. We were able to take the train, MARTA from the Airport to the hotel without using a Taxi service. This Hotel is centrally located within the a short train to and from the Atlanta Airport, A short bus/train ride to the Botanical Garden, the Martin Luther King JR Museum and gravesite, Fox Studios and so much more. Witin walking distance to the CNN center, the Coco Cola Museum, the aquarium and so much more.

The continental breakfast was great, especially for the price of the room.

Our Hotel manager Bill Moore was always there and ready to greet you with a smile, or offer advise on where to go and what to do.

We would reconned this place to anyone looking for a great price and location with Midtown Atlanat GA.

Looking forward to visit again since there was not enought time to soak up all Atlanta has to offer!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
aswezey,

Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

My friend and I were going to a show at the Tabernacle in Atlanta and chose this hotel for our one night stay. It was the best choice we could have made! The Tabernacle is literally about 1 block away from the hotel, so you save on traffic time and paying $10+ for parking. The hotel charges $10 to park in the garage across the street, but the awesome manager, Bill, was nice enough to let us keep our car there the next day even after we checked out so we could explore the city without paying again for parking. The hotel is also about 3 blocks away from Centennial Olympic Park, The Aquarium, and World of Coca-Cola....definitely walkable and we didn't feel unsafe at all. This hotel is also where the police gather for breakfast or to take a break, so you always feel safe inside as well. The quality of the hotel was worth the price. It's not a 5 star hotel, so if that's what you're wanting, go elsewhere. The beds were very comfortable and the air was nice and cold. We really enjoyed our stay and Bill made us feel at home. He said it was his job to make the guests laugh and I truly believe that. Bill, if you read this, you were the most awesome hotel worker ever!! There needs to be more people like you out there because you were very helpful and made our stay even better. Sorry it took so long to write the review, but we promised that we would do it! :)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
volsgirl10,

saint paul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

Very friendly and helpful staff. Helped us find local attractions and made recommendations, which were all great. Room was nice, breakfast was great. Location was very good and within walking distance to main attractions. Price was very reasonable, great value. If we come back to Atlanta, we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple