“not bad”

Ranked #116 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Peoria Heights, Illinois
“not bad”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel is a little dated but it was clean. Staff was very friendly. We came during the weekend so parking was free. Close to aquarium and coke museum. Breakfast area was kind of small but it wasn't busy when we went down.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, August 26, 2016
bishopclay84,

Thank you for your review. Since your stay, we have been actively working to improve our service level, responsiveness, and the functionality of our products to ensure things are operating as they should. We have been updating and upgrading our rooms and the general appearance of our property. I hope you have safe travels in the future.

Enoch D.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Was on budget and needed to be downtown. Area was okay. Walking distance to CNN, Congress Center, Tabernacle. Service was nice. Front desk remembered us during stay. However, breakfast left little to be desired, rooms old, carpet worn and my mirror was not cleaned, AT ALL! View left little to be desired. For a few extra bucks, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012
Mamagrunge,

Enoch D.

Travelers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

McAllen, Texas
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I went to Atlanta for the Braves game at the end of September and I must say we had a great time except for this hotel. After the game we went back to the hotel and I had noticed the room wasn't the best in the world but instead of saying anything I just went along with it and tried to not let it bother me so much. But then within 20 minutes of being in the room all the problems started to pop out . First off the carpet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while as well as a strong smell when you opened the door. Second the carpet was coming up where the entry to the bathroom was, the wallpaper was peeling off the walls and the bathroom was dirty. Not to mention the bottom of the door in the bathroom looked like a dog had been chewing at it. So I decided to go downstairs and let them know the situation and I gave them the benefit of doubt that maybe it was just a really bad room and asked if they possibly had another room we could switch to, the gentlemen gave me keys to the room but when we went in it only got worse. As soon as I opened the door the room had a powerful smell of paint fumes, when i mentioned it to the guy he said " oh yea they just finished painting it today", then when I went into the bathroom there was green slim around the drain from where it had been leaking constantly. He then sent us to one last room but again it was horrible and there was chicken wire on the window. We decided to cancel our reservation and in doing so met a family that had the same problem but only worse, they had no lamp shades on their lamps and when they pulled the sheets down from the bed there was trash everywhere in the bed. Luckily we did get into a better hotel and they did not charge us anything at that Hotel. Another downfall to this hotel is that you have to pay $15 per day for parking across the street at a parking garage that looks shady. The last thing that made this trip complete was when we had packed everything and were leaving I opened the door and the entire floor reeked of pot I told the guy and he said " Well it is a Friday night, and it's pretty common but I'll go see what I can do", Wow!! This hotel is not worth $100 a night plus $15 a day for parking. I can look back at the situation now and laugh but that night at 12 a.m. it was not fun at all!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hayley311
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, August 25, 2016
Hayley311,

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have been in the area for business for over 6months staying at this hotel. Best thing about it was with that long of a stay they got me a great low flat rate. Even with perk most of the staff is very nice and helpful. Greta the day manager is always more chipper than I could ever be that early in the morning but it is great way to start my day. At night Chata has been awesome with anything that is wrong or going on. They also have "bent over backwards" to work with me on early check ins since I have been staying with them so long.

Only negative that I do have to say about the place is that the quality of the rooms vary a lot. I have stayed in 7 different rooms till I found the one I liked the best. But the staff then did everything they could to always put me back into that room I like the best.

For the price this hotel is a no brainer for me!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel have less noise at night due to not having to hear street traffi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Greta B, Manager at Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Hello Casey I would like to take this time to say thank you so much for your comment, it was truly a pleasure meeting you, again thank you Greta
Franklin, Ohio, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful. Ready and willing whenever I asked for anything. Hotel was clean and room was nice. Room had a great view of downtown. Hotel has FULL breakfast, Sausage, eggs, gravy, and the rest. Very nice, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Pat M,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again when you next travel to Atlanta. Since your stay, we have been actively working to improve our services, responsiveness, and the functionality of our products to ensure things are operating as they should. We have been updating and upgrading our rooms and the general appearance of our property. I hope you have safe travels in the future.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My son and I visited the city of Atlanta from Texas and upon arriving did not know of any places to go that was exciting. Greta was very helpful by recommending some great places to visit. Greta made our trip so much fun. She definitely adds the great customer service to this location and really cares. In addition, I forgot my cell phone at the hotel and when arriving back to Texas, Greta made sure that I got my cell phone back and mailed it to me.

The kind of service that I experienced was above and beyond. I feel as though I have made a true friend. She also made sure that our room was clean and worth staying in.

Thanks Greta!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Shakena thank you so much for your wonderful comment it was a pleasure meeting you and your son Greta
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The staff of the hotel was excellent and the rooms very nice. Ms Greta Berry made me feel at home. She gave us helpful advice on places to eat, shop and parking my car. Felt safe because of the security that was provided. I was there attending the annual National Baptist Convention and the hotel was located in walking distance to the center where the meeting were held. This is one of my requirements that the hotel must be in walking distance where the meeting are held. When I visit downtown Atlanta Ga, Quality Hotel will be the first place I check to see if any rooms are available.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business