“Best Location/Great Customer Service”

Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #114 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Location/Great Customer Service”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I recently booked a floor of rooms and had the best customer service from Brian the General Manager to Greta Berry the Sales Manager. Their attitude was always positive and reassurring. The hotel is smack dab in the middle of downtown so a great place to walk anywhere in the city including Centennial Olympic Park. this is a great place for large groups and offers breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, August 26, 2016
Rick M,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again when you next travel to Atlanta. Since your stay, we have been actively working to improve our services, responsiveness, and the functionality of our products to ensure things are operating as they should. We have been updating and upgrading our rooms and the general appearance of our property. I hope you have safe travels in the future.

Enoch D.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed July 31, 2012

After my wife and I checked in and got to our room we found that we had 2 full beds as opposed to the 1 King bed that we had reserved weeks ahead of time. I went to the front desk and was told by the lady that "a reservation does not actually mean you have a reservation." That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I always try to stay at ChoiceHotels because I have the credit card and earn free points, but this was the absolute worst experience I had ever had. Also, the room did not have a fridge because it wasn't the room I had reserved. The lady said there was nothing that she could do and that I could cancel the reservation and find somewhere else but there was a cancellation fee. Terrific huh? Also, that night we actually found a bug on our bed. It wasn't a bed bug, but I am not really sure what type it was. The next day the manager ended up contacting me and apologizing and giving me a King room for the next night. They tried to make it right, but the situation itself was absolutely ridiculous.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingCouple24
TravelingCouple24,

Thank you for your review. Since your stay, we have been actively working to improve our service level, responsiveness, and the functionality of our products to ensure things are operating as they should. We have been updating and upgrading our rooms and the general appearance of our property. I hope you have safe travels in the future.

Best regards,

Enoch D.

Travelers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

New Orleans LA
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I moved to Atlanta to pursue a career, stayed at the hotel for 5 nights the staff was very friendly. Greta Berry Sales Manager greeted each guest every morning with a warm and friendly smile. keep up the good work

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Matthew W,

Gastonia, North Carolina
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We picked this hotel based on the location, which is spectacular; and the price, which was good. We arrived about a half-hour before check-in, and the staff was warm and welcoming. Paying $15 for parking -- at a public lot a block away -- sucks a little.

We had two rooms. We set our bags down in the first room, then opened the second door to find that the hotel had already assigned it and issued keys to other customers. Needless to say, this was a little creepy for everyone. We went down to the desk, where the staff was friendly and apologetic and got us another room close by.

We went back up to the first room, the one that hadn't been double-sold, to unpack and plan our day. After about an hour, it became clear that the A/C was broken. We had thought at first that it just hadn't been running long enough, since we checked in early, but it was blowing hot air.

Back down at the desk, the staff was again appropriately apologetic, and it started to seem like they were used to this whole routine -- customers being dissatisfied, them having to defuse the situation. That indicates a pattern of bad management and poor systems.

There are funny smells throughout the hallways and elevators, but no worse than in any hotel of this age. The rooms and bathrooms weren't especially clean; there was that whitish hard water/soap/toothpaste crust on a lot of the silver fixtures, and scratches and cigarette burns on the ceramic. But the shower was great, the towels were larger and thicker than expected, and there were plenty of them.

Once we stripped those awful obligatory polyester bedspreads, the linens were quite nice, and the beds slept well. The pillows had gone flat, but instead of replacing them, they just folded them inside the pillowcases to look square -- but still only left four on each bed. That kind of made me giggle ... until the middle of the night, when me and my daughter were squirming and sleep-battling over the mini-pillows.

One of the reasons we chose this hotel was the free continental breakfast. We were expecting coffee, juice, cereal and muffins, but there were also fresh waffles, scrambled eggs, hard-cooked eggs, sausage patties, biscuits, sausage gravy, grits, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt and hot chocolate. That made the stay a better value.

The bottom line is that if you see a hotel as a place to sleep and shower, and you'll be spending most of your time out doing things in the city, the Quality Hotel is a good deal. If you want plush, pampering, 100% satisfaction ... pay more for a newer property.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank donnasaur
donnasaur,

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience in such detail and really give an honest evaluation of our property. Hopefully, you consider us again should you be in the city. I wish you safe travels in the future.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Nice hotel and very well priced. I liked the location. There were some nice restaurants and bars very close. Had one minor issue but management was called and promptly took care of it. Overall I enjoyed my stay and will return.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Cforces
Cforces,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad management was able to resolve any issue you encountered.

Olathe, Kansas, United States
Reviewed April 15, 2012

The vents in the room had mold and there were roaches. The cleaning personnel noted the hotel had recently been sprayed and when I spoke with the front desk staff they only offered $20 off of the price of the room. Needless to say I checked out and will never visit this chain again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Tiauna O
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, August 25, 2016
Tiauna O,

Newnan
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The hotel is in the perfect location, as it is in downtown. It is within walking distance of the World of Coke, Centennial Olympic Park, Georgia Aquarium and even a Marta station. The Service there was great, the staff was friendly, breakfast was good, and the room was well kept. I also had a good view of the city from the balcony.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
fuzzybone,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your interactions with our staff, and were able to take advantage of and enjoyed our breakfast options. We hope to see you again when you next travel to Atlanta. We do love our location downtown and I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our proximity to local attractions. Since your stay, we have been actively working to improve our service level, responsiveness, and the functionality of our products to ensure things are operating as they should. We have been updating and upgrading our rooms and the general appearance of our property. I hope you have safe travels in the future.