“Great hotel, and a perfect location”

Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #70 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, and a perfect location”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel whilst I attended the Dragon convention, held in Downtown Atlanta.
The location of this hotel is perfect, it's on the main street, and is within walking distance of loads of attractions, restaurants and travel options. I was greeted with a smile and check-in was simple and easy (after a long flight, this is exactly what I needed)

My suite was lovely and clean. The only downside, is when you book "suite" you visualise something bigger, but ultimately I got everything I needed; fridge, Sofa, Tv, Bedroom and Ensuite. My room had it's own ironing board and hairdryer, which came in handy.

I felt very safe (being a lone female) in the hotel, and the back entrance is a room card entrance only, meaning you have to pass the attended lobby to get into the hotel if you aren't a guest.

The building itself, although I didn't seem much (only the lobby, breakfast room and my floor) had some lovely historic features to it, which added to the overall experience.

The staff were all polite and helpful, even after I had checked out one staff member kept me company whilst I waited for my taxi (cab).

I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to everyone.

My only issue, on the day I was checking out, the cleaning lady did her rounds at 8am, and even though I had the "do not disturb" sign up, she still knocked. Since I had an 8 hour - 9pm flight that evening, this didn't help being woken up so early. But she apologised, and had thought I just left the sign up by mistake before checking out.

Room Tip: I was in 903, end of the hallway, so little hallway noise (and I never heard my neighbours in their...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear RWether10, thank you for submitting a review of your stay! I would like to apologize for housekeeping. I'm happy to know our hotel was close to all the area attractions and you felt safe during your time attending DragonCon. Please stay with us again for next years DragonCon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
S
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel is nice. The suite is equipped with fridge, dishwasher, coffee maker, stovetop, microwave, kitchen eating area, a small living room, and the separate bedroom. The kitchen includes dishes, pots/pans etc. as well as complimentary popcorn and plentty of coffee grounds with creamer, et al. The suite also includes a flat screen tv in the living area as well as in the bedroom.

Complimentary breakfast includes hot scrambled eggs and ham, yogurt (regular and light), oatmeal, cereals, pastry, pancakes, fresh fruit, juices, coffee and more. All was very clean and well maintained. Plenty of tables and seating for the guests. It is served on the 2nd floor. It is open for the complimentary breakfast only - not a full restaurant - hence the average ranking assigned to the "restaurant."

If you have luggage, the main entry is a little challenging as it requires going up a set of stairs. Once you have a room key though, you can enter off Peachtree, which has no stairs - and takes you right to the main lobby area and elevators.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear K M , thank you for submitting a review of your stay! I would like to thank you for the concise and very descriptive review of our hotel. It really covers all of our room and hotel amenities in in one breath.Thank you and we look forward to having you back again soon.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 27, 2013

If you are wanting to see World of Coke, Ga. Aquarium,CNN World News Headquarters, Centenial Olympic Park, Downtown Atlanta, Underground Atlanta,and have access to MARTA, This Hotel is close to all of that. Not to mention this Hotel is on The Historic Deed Of registers. Parking is affordable too. The hotel is clean, beds comfortable and the staff was friendly. I stayed in a room where we could see CNN, GA Aquarium and World of Coke as well as Centenial olympic Park. All with in walking distance. There are also weekday receptions for the evening and the FREE breakfast is also pretty nice. Fresh fruit for you waffles. I stayed in a Queen Suite.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 12th floor #1260 range I think facing the CNN, Ga Aquarium.. Queen Suite 1br, Wet b...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Robert H, thank you for submitting a review of your stay! I am glad that the downtown location of our Historic property met your needs of being close to all the area attractions, and that you received one our many rooms with a wonderful view of the city.The complementary breakfast and evening social i'm happy to hear you were able to enjoy as well. Please stay again with us during your next trip to Atlanta.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Clean, comfortable, friendly hotel located in an older building in the Heart of Downtown. The building gives the feel of a boutique hotel without the price. I walked into the suite & the room smelled of fresh paint. The breakfast & light evening fare are hardly gourmet but adequate, nice adult touch of beer & wine. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear MarilynDecarto, thank you for sending a review of yur stay! I'm so glad you liked the boutique charm, pleasant room and evening social complete with complimentary adult beverages! We certainly hope you to see you back when your travels next bring you to Atlanta!
California, Maryland
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed in a suite (1401) with an extra room, 2 flatscreen TVs, and a kitchen area for 14 days. Everything was quite nice: the rooms were spacious (with a quiet AC), the breakfast buffet was included, 4 nights/week there is a dinner snack, there is a gym with some cardio equipment (and one can also use a downtown gym 5 min away), the wireless was fast and reliable. Some very small (!) downsides: the phone did not ring on incoming calls (which made the wake-up call on my departure day kinda useless), and the hotel has a shuttle pick-up from the airport, but no shuttle taking one there. Apart from that, it was really nice.

Room Tip: Nothing really, all seemed fine to me.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear robertzimbardo, thank you very much for writing a review of your stay. I'm glad you liked the one bedroom suite- we are perfect for guests staying over a week such as you! Very sorry that your phone didn't ring. We will get that fixed promptly. Please come back again soon!!
Arabi, Louisiana
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We booked this hotel for Saturday August 10, 2013. This was a personal trip to bring my daugther to a concert at the Philip Arena in Downtown Atlanta. This property was about 3/4 mile from the CNN Center, Philips Arena, Omni Hotel area where this event took place. It was a little difficult to find with all the road construction taking place in Downtown Atlanta but we were patient and located it fairly quickly. We pulled up to the back entrance where valet greeted us and took our bags and vehicle for us. Check in was quick and the staff was friendly.

The room was smaller than I expected as the front part of the room had a refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, stove, pots, pans, plates and much more. Also in that small front room was a sofa sleeper and a cushioned chair, tv etc. Then you walked through a door frame where the bathroom was to the right and the bedroom to the left with bed and tv, nightstand and dresser drawers. The room was clean, comforatable and the A/C worked great so overall I would say it was a very nice hotel with a great location downtown.

The lobby was a bit stuffy (warm) but I believe that to be because the lobby is on the first floor where access can be gained from 2 locations with automatic doors that open frequently letting in that warm HOTLANTA air.

The 2nd floor is where breakfast was served free, it was a typical hotel breakfast. Very good drink (coffee, apple juice, orange juice, lemonade, milk etc) and the food was average, eggs were good and of course the waffle maker is one of everybody's favorites. The area is small but its free and it is typical of most hotels on this level.

Because I had only been to Atlanta a couple of times I chose to take a cab to and from the hotel to Philips Arena / CNN Center. We could have easily walked but being unfamiliar with the area we took the ride, it was $12 for 2 people, not bad at all.

Would definitely consider staying again if in the area!

Room Tip: We were on the 13th floor and had no problems but if you are superstitous you may want to request a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Garth3232
Dear Garth3232, thank you for submitting a review of your stay! I'm glad you found the location despite the detours around the construction of our new street car system! I agree, it's good to stay here and be able to walk to the down town destinations. I heard Mr. Bieber put on a great concert and I hope your daughter enjoyed it. Please come back and stay with us again soon!
Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Arrived hot and sweaty to find out I had booked another Residence Inn in Atlanta. Will went beyond the call of duty on the front desk to straighten out my screw up and allow us to stay here. Just first class. Raymond the manager also helped. A great team.

One half block from the MARTA station. 18 minutes from the airport. Couldn't be better. Great restaurants close by as well as many historical sites. You cannot do better than this in Atlanta. Be sure and go to the High Art Museum. Really nice.

Room Tip: Great place to stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear bizdean , thanks for taking time to send in a review of your stay with us. I am happy that we were able to accommodate you at out property in the heart of downtown close to the historical sites and restaurants. Also glad you were able to utilize the nearby MARTA railway station providing you fast access to the airport.