“Great Location”

Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #74 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed here for a conference. Lovely hotel. Rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was very accommodating. One think to mention, they have this scent which is REALLY strong in the lobby area. Too strong if you ask me. Breakfast staff was great. walking distance to convention center. I couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nicole S
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Nicole S, thanks so much for writing a review of your stay with us! The staff and I glad to learn you like the clean and spacious rooms! Sounds like I had the volume turned up an extra notch on the Scent Air - we think we have adjusted that now. Thanks for your valuable insights and come back to stay with again soon!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This location is OK for business type stays and even for some family type events. Bedroom layout is average, breakfast is free but average....BUT what really sets it apart is the people that work there...very corteous, very efficient, extra mile at all requests...Thank you very much.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Luisbartolomego, thank you very much for writing a review of your stay with us! I appreciate your feedback and will be sure to inform the team they they made the difference in your eyes! Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

As a Marriott Platinum member I always expect a lot of value for my business and I'm very loyal as I stay at Marriott properties all the time. But I have to say this is one property I won't come back to. For starters, they list their parking as "complimentary" through my Work/corp travel website. So I was annoyed to realize there was a $25 per day fee (on top of tips to the valet guy every time you get the car in/out). The property itself is OK, but there's no indoor pool, the gym is mediocre at best, and the breakfast food quality nothing to write home about. In short, there are alot better values in nearby area and to be honest I think I'll just decide to stay at the Marriott in Emory area (Century) next time i'm in ATL even if it's a little bit further uptown because I don't want to deal with the parking hassles and it's a much better value and pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear JayMoli, thank you very much for writing a review of your stay with us. Although I am disappointed we failed to impress you, your feedback is very important to us, especially so in light of your Marriott Platinum status. Please contact me personally to discuss these matters further at 404-522-0950 since your business is very important. Century Center Marriott is a very nice hotel and I'm glad to know you will continue to stay within the Marriott family of hotels when you travel to Atlanta. As for us at Residence Inn Downtown, we will use your constructive feedback to continuously improve. Please give us another try in the future. Our guests do have complimentary access to the BodyPlex Gym two blocks from the hotel! Thank you again for providing us your valuable insights! Christine P

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel in late June. The location was convenient and the room, small workout facility, and breakfast were nice. The staff here is the draw. Everyone from the valet to the front desk to the dining staff were gracious and helpful. Thank you for making our less than 24 hours in Atlanta so enjoyable. A great choice for travelers looking for a comfortable downtown hotel.

Room Tip: Our high floor, corner room was a great choice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during three days for a conference I had at the Georgia World Congress Center. It is located within walking distance to most restaurants and downtown attractions. Within 10 minutes I walked to the Congress Center. In addition, the Millenium Park and World of Coca Cola Museum are also within walking distance. The Marta train station at Peachtree center is also within a few steps of the hotel. The services and friendliness of the staff made my stay enjoyable. I certainly wished my stay would have been for more days, because I felt at home away from home.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Estela1129
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Estela1129,
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location to be perfect for attending your conference at the Georgia World Convention Center. Please come back and stay with us again when your travels bring you to Atlanta!

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel in down town Atlanta, social evenings Monday to Friday on the 2nd floor. Staff are wonderful. Manager Christine especially helpful , my husband stayed at this hotel every month for almost 4 years and was treated like royalty.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you, Kanukgirl! The pleaseure has been ours in serving you and your husband. Please continue to stay with us when your travels bring you to Atlanta!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The attendees during my stay were awesome, especially the young black man at the front desk around 1pm on Sunday, Father's Day. Thank you for being very curious and his hospitality was superior. My husband and I drove 6 hours from Florida for a surprise visit from his daughter and was a little early for check-in. He told me my rooms would be ready in an hour to an hour and a half. As I turned to wait patiently with no problem. He called me back up within minutes and upgraded my rooms in order that i could rest. Thank you.
Breakfast was awesome.
Well, that night around 11-11:15pm, my daughter and son-in-law needed their car from valet. As they waited in the lobby area for the car to come, there were 12-15 other men hanging out as well. A couple of them even asked them if they had spare change to give them. I am aware that downtown Atlanta area has a lot of bums hanging out, but in the lobby of the hotel I'm staying. The keypad entry from the outside is to keep you safe but they did not feel safe at all. My family and I stay at Residence inns all over America but this was definitely unacceptable. The next morning, we informed the valet person about the problem we had. He said he would look into it but of course we did not hang around Atlanta to find out the outcome.
Valet parking, $25, really. This should be $10.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family