Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown
$460
$417
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskmarta stationwithin walking distancefull size fridgesocial hourthe sofa bedpeachtree streetvalet parkingfree breakfastan older buildingbedroom suitecentennial parkworld of coca colathe breakfast areavalet guyshomeless peoplevalet service
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It is an older building but this is not bothersome as the rooms have been renovated. The breakfast was well appointed with plenty of options. However, if that is not your choice, there were plenty of restaurants in the vicinity. There were also plenty of clubs in the area if you enjoy nightlife. Also, many other places in the vicinity - Starbucks, CVS, Subway, Dunkin Doughnuts, Georgia State Univ, etc. I stayed in a corner room which seemed to be smaller than the typical Residence Inn suite, but it was still comfortable. Staff was very nice and accommodating. It was cold in Atlanta during my stay and the room did get a chill, but extra blankets were not a problem. Valet service was quick and he was helpful with directions. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: If you need space, do not get a corner room. Higher floors have great views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Dear Erica W,
Thank you very much for writing a review of your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the location with all the good restaurants and clubs within walking distance. As you well noted, we are a historical building with modern guest rooms - an eclectic mix that our guests love! I look forward to meeting you when you stay with us again!

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

This is an awesome hotel. Front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. The room is clean and up to date. Reservations messed up our room, but when we arrived, they made sure we were put in the room we requested without upping the room rate. The valet service is quick and friendly. Terrance was very nice to us. We had a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Mathury6998,
Thanks so much for taking time to write a review of your stay with us. I'm glad to hear you had a good experience. Terrance was very happy you remembered him! Please come back soon and stay with us when you next visit Atlanta!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed here for the week of March 18th and had a great stay. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful and go out of their way to make sure you have a good stay. That sets them apart from other hotels in Atlanta where I have stayed where the staff could not care less on how you are doing. Especially when you are at a hotel for an extended period of time like I was it really makes a difference to you when the staff goes out of their way to make sure you are comfortable. Thanks for a great stay and I will be back!

Room Tip: Get a corner room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear tpagator07,
Thank you sincerely for writing a review of your stay. The staff is extremely pleased to learn you enjoyed their service. It's about Southern hospitality, after all! We want you to remember Atlanta with a smile and come back and see us again the next time you are in town. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were in Atlanta for a volleyball tourney. Found this room on the internet. When we arrived the staff was very helpful, room was clean and had amazing views of historical downtown Atlanta! Our valet, "Addis" went out of his way to accommodate our needs. The evening manager even gave us an impromptu historical orientation of the immediate area! Our overall stay at this hotel was outstanding!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, a lot of Windows and views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Deborah H,
Thank you for sending in a review of your stay with us! I, too, love the city views from our guest rooms. Addis and Evening Manager Ray are super happy you like their service. Please come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great hotel and great staff. I was very impressed not only by the location of this hotel but also the staff members who did their best to make my stay pleasant. I admit I do have high expectations but there were met here. We took advantage of the free meal on Thursday night and having two small children it hit the spot. We did not have to travel outside the hotel to find a bite to eat. We also ate breakfast at the hotel dining room and enjoyed the selection. One employee even remembered my name from the night before when i checked in.. His name was Addis. Addis worked in many areas of the hotel and each time I saw him he called me by name! Now the valet service which is not owned by the hotel was a little rocky at first but by the time I checked out I was a fan of theirs as well. As we excited the hotel to check out guess who was in the lobby greeting guests? The manager...I thought this was a nice touch. Thanks and we will be back.

Room Tip: Get a high room to help with street noise and if you plan to use the sleeper sofa make sure the bed sheets are in the closet before you plan to hit the pillow.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rchad

Dear Rchad,
Thanks so much for taking time to review your stay with us. Glad the location worked out for you and that you found the staff to be accommodating! Please come back the very next time your travels bring you to Atlanta!