“Great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #60 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

The value is great. Breakfast. Cocktails light dinner all included in your stay. But the beds are horrible. Enjoy your awake time there but bring a sleeping pill. The staff is great and inviting. Be sure to get a high room to cut down on street noise.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christine P, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Koi777,
Thanks for staying with us and writing a review. I'm so glad you found the location and staff to be good. I'm sorry the bed didn't meet your needs. We use our guest feedback to make the hotel the best possible for our guests so consider your feedback duly noted!! Please come back soon. Christine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I could not have asked for a better hotel in Atlanta. In full disclosure, this is not a high end hotel. However, for a very reasonable price, I got a full one bedroom suite larger than my condo in Seattle. It had a mini kitchen (I never used it but you could cook), two TVs, a separate bedroom and bath. I was in a corner unit so had views two directions.

The hotel is old and you can tell, but it has been kept updated. The lobby is small but welcoming. The rooms are not in perfect condition, but are well maintained and very comfortable/livable.

The location of the hotel is good; across the street from a Marta Station and on busy Peachtree Street. It is not the best area; this is downtown Atlanta. You will see homeless people and they lock the hotel doors at night. Just know that going in. I never felt unsafe, but it is definitely in the downtown core.

On the 2nd floor they have breakfast every day and evening snack and beer/wine reception mid-week -- all included with your room. Wifi is also included, but I had a very weak signal. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby; and the Marta is across the street so you can get anywhere you need to go. I walked a couple of times to the CNN Center and Olympic Park where the Aquarium and World of Coca Cola are located. Less than a mile walk, very easy to get to but I wouldn't want to do it alone at night.

No pool. Exercise room was small. No restaurant on site.

Room Tip: I liked my corner room, I believe it was 1302.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Gbfunk1,
Thanks sincerely for taking time to write a review of your recent stay. It's great to hear you found the location and accommodations, including room, breakfast and cocktails, to be a good choice for you! Please come back and stay with us when your travels next bring you to Atlanta!
Christine
Wilmington, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was here for the gift market. Superior staff who work very hard to accommodate everything. Very clean, housekeeping was great. My corner suite was very quiet and comfortable. Great rates compared to nearby hotels. Right across the street from Marta.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room, no sounds of water pipes, doors, etc.
Dear SusiejeanILM,
I'm so glad you found our hotel in a great spot while you were in town to attend the gift market, and that you found the staff and housekeeping met your needs. Please come back and stay with us for the July show!
Christine
El Segundo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed here while attending the Atlanta Gift Show. Hotel was renovating rooms but at no time was I inconvenienced. My room was already renovated and was very comfortable, but on the small side. That said, it was well appointed and the hotel is walking to stance to the Mart and MARTA subway station.
The staff is very helpful. There is a free hot breakfast every morning as well as a hosted cocktail period in the evening with snacks and hot food as well. All in all, this is a good choice if you are visiting downtown Atlanta.

1 Thank gbfunk1
Newnan, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Service at the front desk was exceptional. Parking was no problem at all. Great location downtown. Much better room rate than nearby hotels. When in Atlanta, I used to stay at a hotel one block north but its rates went through the roof. This Marriott is a good buy.

2 Thank LReedNewnan_Georgia
Dear LReedNewnan_G,
Thank you for sending in a review of your stay with us. It's great to learn that you found the staff exceptional. I agree that this is a great bunch of folks with which to work! Their pride and joy is to help you experience our fine city. Please come back soon!
Christine P
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed only 1 night, as we were traveling from Alabama to Maryland.

First the good things : The location is nice (walking distance to downtown, bars and restaurants), the hotel and the rooms are nice and clean.

So what happened?
Somebody break into our car and stole my DLSR camera.. Like many others reviews have pointed out, the parking is a public parking. So your paying a valet service to park your car in a public parking.. better do it yourself.
Normally we bring all our belongings into the room but because we were really tired after a long day of travel and also the fact the parking is not at proximity (we were already fully charged with luggage and backpacks), we decided to leave 1 or 2 bags inside the car. The car had dark tinted windows, which made very hard to see what's inside the car even in bright light (inside job?)

So what did the hotel and should have they done?
They reimbursed us the parking valet, which was REALLY the minimum (and my company is paying for the hotel so it doesn't change anything for us). In my opinion they should have reimburse the camera, offered a new one or at least reimbursed a part. How I am going take the outstanding family pictures I took with that camera? This camera had lots of sentimental value for us, it captured lots of our important moments.

I liked the Residence Inn but this story is really damaging for the hotel chain as we are staying in US for 1 year (work). Now when I have the choice, I choose Homewood Suites by default when they are nearby and not full. I have to come back to Atlanta again in January but i will not stay in that hotel again, unfortunately for them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mickael_UAE
Dear Mickeal_UAE,
Thanks for taking time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I'm concerned about the situation you described, and ask that you please contact me at your earliest opportunity so we may discuss this matter further.
Sincerely yours,
Christine Phillips
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

First Hotel during a trip from Georgia to Texas.

Location: In my opinion, the location is unbeatable. Direct location on Peachtree St. Easy walking distance to major attractions, restaurants, bars. However, please mind that Atlanta Downtown has not so much shopping facilities as some other major cities. But in my opinion it is still great to walk through Downtown (as already mentioned, there are many restaurants and bars, like "Sweet Georgia's Juke Joint", which is a nice restaurant/bar with live-music on every evening). Even Midtown is in walking distance, and was great to explore (I highly recommend the small restaurant "Pasta da Pulcinella", located on Peachtree Walk).

Parking: Only valet parking is offered by this hotel, but there is no better hotel around, which offers self-parking. The guys from the valet parking are very nice and efficent. The valet parking is located on Forsyth St (so is the main-entry of the hotel), and it can be very easily accessed. However, the 25$ fee seems too high, as there are many parking garages around. As far as I remember, the waiting time for the car was less than 10 Minutes.

Check-In: Nice and fast. Waiting time for the luggage, which was brought to our room, was too long (around 10 Min).

Room-Type: We had a "Larger Studio with 2 Double and Sofa" which was nice and a little larger than regular rooms. Room was on a higher floor, so there was no noise from the street. There were also no further noises from the floor or other rooms. Free Wi-Fi worked very good. Furthermore, there was a kittchenette with a microwave and a fridge in the room.

Breakfast: The breakfast-room has a nice view and the choice of food was good.

Fitness-Center: My friend said, that the fitness center was fine. It has a nice view to the street.

Overall, a good hotel, over average.

Room Tip: The larger Studios in a higher floor seems to be a good value for the slightly higher rate.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends