“Great place to stay”

Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #75 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Convenient location, within walking distance to CNN, Coca Cola and Aquarium...across from the Marta station and great staff...Old building converted and the living room was small and furniture was not the most comfortable, but would recommend to anyone with children....the breakfast area was nice and again, the staff was great! And, after paying way too much for lunch at the Aquarium....Quiznos next door was a great ending to a day!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Atlanta Downtown

Reviewed November 14, 2011

We had a great experience at this hotel. We forgot an electronics item and the housekeeping staff looked around the room, found it hidden between the bed and bedside table and mailed it back to us - free of charge! That's good customer service!

The hotel also includes breakfast with every room which was pretty good. It was a bit of a walk to the aquarium which was the main purpose of our visit but it wasn't too bad. And it was half a block from the subway which was convinient coming from the airport.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I recently came back from a trip to Atlanta, Georgia and though I always go there and stay with friends I decided to be a tourist for three days and booked at the Residence Inn. The reviews on here were pretty good, and the rate was very reasonable. I was pleasantly surprised that my room was a 1 bedroom suite, and it was like being in a very nice apartment. They had not only a complimentary breakfast but also a complimentary dinner of chicken alfredo, cooked by Minnie the night that I checked in. I liked everything about the room the fact that it had two burners, a full size fridge and a microwave, and two flat screen tv's. I stayed in my bedroom.

So I did have a problem though and it was with the bathrooms. I did not go into my bathroom til late that night and when I lifted the toilet seat it was evident that it had not been cleaned. I called guest services and they let me move to another room that night. I moved to the other room which was not as nice as my first room but very similar, and there was hair on the toilet seat of this bathroom, and in the tub as well. I was too tired and upset to call again, so I just cleaned the toilet myself. This was very discouraging, but I did like everything else about my stay. I talked to the manager the next morning, I'd paid well in advance so there wasn't much they could do.

Outside of my bathroom issues, I did like it, the chicken alfredo was great, and breakfast was really nice too; I loved the home cooked feel of the meals.

I actually write a travel column and had to mention the bathroom but I did give them props for everything else and for the great food.

Would I stay there again? I have to think about it, if I did I would call ahead and talk to the manager first.

Oh and it is a great location, close to tourist attractions, you can walk almost anywhere, and it was very quiet at night... the gym was small but had the right equipment, and they have computers in the lobby that you can use free of charge.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Imani W
Reviewed September 21, 2011

The room exceeded my expectations. My low rating is due to the fact that upon check-in the front desk staff took my drivers license telling that me that it would be returned upon check-out. At check-out, it was not returned and the hotel claims that it is not on their premises. This is not good.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2011

This hotel is located directly across the street from the MARTA station. It was easy to get to all the main attractions as well as the aiport, which saved us a $40 cab ride.
Check-in was quick and easy and the staff were all friendly and courteous. The rooms were very spacious and very clean. Although we didn't make use of them, there was a refridgerator, stove and microwave in the room. The social hour and breakfast were a big bonus.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Had excellent check-in service, staff was friendly and pollite. My room was big and spacious and comfortable. The complimentary Breakfast was excellent, The location was great 3blks from the Peachtree ctr... I spent a week at the hotel for buisness and there was a different main dish every day, fruit was fresh and coffee excellent! The val parking was $23 a night but I park at a parking lot 1blk away for $10 a day to save money...I would stay here again !

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank fosterdc
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayed here for several nights on a family excursion versus booking the Ritz up the street, as other relatives did. It turned out to be a great decision. We paid about 33% of the cost of the Ritz and received: 1) exceptionally friendly service, 2) an impeccably clean and well-equipped room (microwave, frig, tableware, etc.) and 3) central location convenience (e.g. the Landmark (diner) restaurant for desserts and quick meals a short walk away).
A Full breakfast is served in a nicely appointed (restaurant-quality) sitting area on the second floor. Also the hotels offers a free light early-evening meal service with wine/beer Monday thru Thursday in the same breakfast area. Soup, salad, chips/vegetable/dip and appetizers were offered. Sure, it's not a five-star spread, but it's a start on the evening!
PARKING? Instead of the $23 Valet (which was always well-attended even late at night by friendly personnel...it's always a viable back-up option) we used the public garage a short walk away off Forsyth street. There is a major trick to keeping the cost reasonable: the garage charges $5-$6 for overnight parking when you enter AFTER 6pm and are it out by 6am; outside of this window, it's $3 an hour. Do NOT park the car BEFORE 6pm and assume you'll be charged $3/hr until the 6pm-6am period kicks in, you won't. You'll be hit for $3/hr for the entire overnight stay! We would park the car after 6pm and them normally get off by 10am the following morning...the charge then was $5 PLUS 4 hours (6am-10am) X $3 or $12 = Total $17.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family