“Average stay, staff was horrible!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings
Ranked #115 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Savannah, Georgia, United States
“Average stay, staff was horrible!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for the Bronner Brothers hair show this past weekend and it was an average stay. The rooms are nothing special. The lights didn't work. I asked for a room on a high floor and got put on the second floor. The food was ok and the front desk staff was rude and loud. Won't stay here again!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kia F
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Kia F-
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I sincerely apologize for the light issue and for not being able to honor your request for a high floor. We were very busy during the hair show, as you know, and unfortunately, not all requests could be accommodated. Most importantly, I am very disappointed to hear that you found our staff to be unfriendly. This is not typical of our hotel, as our team is usually praised for their warmth and service. I assure you that I take this seriously and will address this appropriately. In addition, we hope to be updating our rooms soon to match our fresh, new lobby. I would love to speak with you regarding your stay. If you are interested, I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or 770.435.4500. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Fairfield Inn and Suites Atlanta Vinings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed here for one night during MLK Weekend on Marriott Points. Since I was only there for one night (and I was using points) I wasn't expecting the Taj Mahal, but I was expecting a comfortable room, comfortable bed and good service.

I got two out of the three - but what I did not receive cost them two stars.

The room was a very nice room, truly no frills, but then again this is a Fairfield Inn. The heat worked, the room was clean and welcoming, the water temperature and pressure were good, and the parking lot was adequate. All good points, however the bed that I had was not comfortable AT ALL. It was hard and ended up hurting my back. When I told the front desk about it upon check-out, the front desk clerk told me that "it is a Tempur-Pedic bed". Sorry, but that's just not true. I have slept on Tempur-Pedic beds and can tell the difference between that and a hard rock.

The location is just OK - at least to me. Free Wi-Fi is a plus as well.

NOTE: I did speak to the assistant general manager about the bed situation and the front desk person that pretty much "told a story". She not only credited my points back, she gave me bonus Marriott points as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Timothy H
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear chgocutie-
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Atlanta on MLK weekend. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share valuable feedback about your experience. While we are happy to hear that you were pleased with much of your stay, it is certainly troubling to find that you found the bed to be uncomfortable. Typically, the response to our beds is overwhelmingly positive. Our hotel has a mix of Sealy Posturepedic and Tempur-Pedic mattresses that offers a choice for people with different needs and preferences. The mattress is the room you were assigned has been replaced, as a result of your feedback. You expect and deserve a comfortable bed, and I apologize that we fell short in this case. Please be assured that your experience is not typical.
Thanks again for taking the time to write this helpful review. If there is anything I can do, please feel free to contact me at any time. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com.
We look forward to serving you in the future.
Have a great day!
Brighton, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I made a reservation directly with Marriott and used my points for a free night. It was only 7,500 points so, to be honest, I didn't expect much. I was very pleasantly surprised. The lobby was undergoing renovation, but the workers were very friendly and got well out of the way when we took our luggage cart through to the elevator. I also expected that we would get one of the lesser rooms since it was free, this didn't happen. If anything we got one of the better rooms. Everything looked new and was well appointed. We had a great big-screen TV and a fridge and microwave. Check-in was quick and check-out was even easier. Breakfast was typical Fairfield, and that is fine, the eating area was big enough to accommodate everyone. The lady taking care of the area was very friendly and welcoming.
Because of the area this Fairfield is located (just off I-285) right at the exit and a light to allow you to turn left in to the lot and one exit away from the Cumberland Mall with many, many restaurants and a Costco, this will be a go-to place for us the next time we pass through, which will be in February.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear ontheHuron-
Thanks for the great review. We understand that there are lots of options in this area, and we sincerely appreciate you choosing our hotel. I am glad to hear that the lobby renovation was not too much of a hindrance and the workers you encountered were polite. We cannot wait until the work is complete,so we can show off our fresh, new look. It is also great to hear that you found our rooms clean and comfortable. While location and convenience is important, we know that service and accommodations determine whether our guests will return. Your feedback is vital to our continued improvement, and we look forward to your return. I am sure you will love our new look, and our staff will work to provide service that exceeds your expectations.
Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience. If I can assist with accommodations in the future, please feel free to contact me at any time. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or 770.435.4500.
Happy Holidays!

Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is a typical Fairfield Inn. When I visited there was renovation going on. It probably needs an updating as it is starting to show it's age. I would have rated it average except for the friendliness of the staff and the way above average breakfast buffet. They actually cooked eggs, had both fruit and juice as well as the expected continental breakfast items. Location is convenient to the interstate but my Garmin sent me off in the wrong direction as it apparently did not recognize recent changes to the traffic pattern. There is a stop light in front of the hotel making it a lot easier to get in and out.

Room Tip: The lobby is on floor 2 if you don't like riding elevators.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear secondtimothy-
We sincerely appreciate you choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Vinings! Your feedback is an important part of our effort to continually improve. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our new, hot breakfast. More importantly, I am proud to know that you found our staff to be attentive and hospitable. We take great pride in our service and strive to provide the experience you deserve and expect. As you noted, we are undergoing lobby and exercise room renovations at the moment. We expect this to be completed around the first of December and cannot wait to show off our fresh, new look. We hope that you will consider returning to see the finished product. We anticipate guest room renovations in the near future as well.
Thanks again for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience. If there is anything you need, please feel free to contact me at any time. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com to 770.435.4500.

P.S. Love the username!
Clermont, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is built very well, you don't hear anything from other rooms. My only complaint will be that you have to let the hot water run for about five minutes for it to get warm. They probably have a bad circulator. I really enjoyed staying there. It was a nice convenient location.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Jeffrey S-
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience. Our guests' feedback is taken very seriously and truly appreciated. I am glad you found our location to be convenient and our rooms to be quiet. On the other hand, we are sorry to hear about the issues you had with hot water. We will do whatever is necessary to ensure any problems with our pump are taken care of.
Also, we are excited to inform you that lobby and exercise room renovations are beginning in the next few days. We would love for you to come back soon to experience the fresh, new look and feel.
If I can ever be of assistance, please feel free to contact me at 770.435.4500 or jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com. We hope to see you again, soon.

Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Nice hotel for the senior rate. Much nicer than the Fairfield in Clarksville and less expensive to boot! Close to some nice local restaurats instead of the ho hum chains. Second time we stayed there and will stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Diane F-
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Vinings and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We take your feedback very seriously and are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. I am also excited to let you know that we will be renovating very soon and hope that you will be back to enjoy our fresh, new look.
If there is anything I can do for you including assistance with future reservations, please feel free to contact me at any time. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or 770.435.4500.
Thanks again. We hope to see you soon!

Jedd McConnell
Omaha
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

This hotel is in a great location with tons to do within a very short drive. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful and they work hard to ensure a pleasant stay. The room is a bit tired but the bed was very comfortable. All-in-all, a very well run property!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Scott G-
Thank you so much for choosing Fairfield Inn and Suites for your recent stay in Vinings! We know there a lot of choices in the area. We sincerely appreciate your kind words about our hotel and, most importantly, our staff. Our team truly has the spirit to serve, and it is definitely rewarding when they are commended.
It is great to hear that the bed was comfortable, as well. After all, nothing else matters if you don't get a good night's rest! As far as the rooms go, we appreciate the feedback. Our hotel is about to begin a renovation process that will deliver a fresh, new look. We are beginning with the lobby and exercise room in the next month, and after that, we are hoping to refresh our guest rooms. We hope that you will be back soon to see our progress.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay. If I can provide additional assistance or assist with future reservations, please feel free to contact me at any time. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or (770) 435-4500.
Have a great day. We hope to see you soon!