“Hotel changed names but not the standards to match the name” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings
Ranked #112 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GA,
“Hotel changed names but not the standards to match the name”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a hotel that has chnaged names but the starndards are no where even close to what other Marriotts that i have stayed at. It is run down. Rooms are in terrible condition. Carpet, doors and bathrooms are in poor condition. Break fast is not worth it. The entrance to the hotel smeels really bad. Pool and gym are not maintained. Call the hotel before you arrive and ask them to run the air conditioner otherwise the room smells damp.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank paragkarania
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear paragkarania-
Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had at our hotel and assure you that it is not indicative of our standards. We have addressed most, if not all, of the issues you mentioned, and we are constantly looking for ways to provide accommodations reflective of our guests' expectations. I would love an opportunity to re-earn your trust. Please contact me at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com so that we can discuss ways in which we can make this up to you. Your satisfaction is important to us.
Thanks for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to share. I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely-
Jedd McConnell
jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Not a bad place - just not your modern Fairfield. The gym lame...but this is a better choice than the Courtyard down the street. I'd probably stay here again in the future but they should update the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear TravelManSouth-
I just wanted to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Vinings. We know that you have plenty of choices in the area. I am pleased to hear that you find our hotel suitable for your needs, and I assure you that we hear you regarding the exercise room and need of an update. I am happy to tell you that we are planning a renovation this fall that should take care of this. We pride ourselves in offering clean, comfortable accommodations and memorable service, but we understand that there is more to an all-encompassing guest experience.
We look forward to your return and hope to see you soon. If there is anything I can assist with, whether it be unresolved issues or assistance with future accommodations, please let me know. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or 770.435.4500.
Thanks again for choosing Fairfield Inn and Suites Atlanta Vinings and for taking the time to share your experience.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Prior to traveling to Atlanta, several coworkers had recommended the Fairfield Inn for my stay. The location is convenient to several large businesses in the area and across the street from a popular deli style restaurant that serves everything from breakfast to dinner. You won't need to cross the street for breakfast, as the Fairfield offered a more than adequate complimentary breakfast, including waffles, prepared breakfast sandwiches, yogurt, pastries, and lots of hot coffee. Upon checking in, I requested a room as far away from the elevators as possible. Despite heavy bookings that night, the very courteous desk clerk was able to put me in a corner room, which was spacious and comfortable. The bed was the right balance of soft with enough support, which is often a challenge for me.
Of the things to know going in: the location of this hotel is on a corner next to a very busy freeway. Others have commented that the traffic noise was notable in their rooms. I would say I could hear it, but that it didn't inhibit my sleep. The wifi was complimentary, but somewhat weak, perhaps because I was at the end of the hall. That may be something to consider if you are dependent on wifi for time sensitive projects. The fitness center was limited, with one ellipse machine and two treadmills -- no television to watch or free weights for resistance training.
Overall, I thought the mix of location and value was strong and will consider this location on my next visit.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, you might request a room facing the back parking lot, which would shi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear UrbanExplorerTES-
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our location and breakfast. We are situated in a great location with a great mix of business, food, retail, and fun! As you may know, our great breakfast is getting even better. Fairfield Inn and Suites properties will be launching a more robust breakfast in the coming weeks. We hope you have a good excuse to come back and try it out. While the proximity to I-285 is a great convenience for navigating the sprawl that we call home, we understand the impact it may have on lighter sleepers. We are happy to reserve a room on the opposite side for anyone that requests it. Thanks for recommending this to others.
If we can assist with future accommodations or anything else, please feel free to contact me at any time. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or 770.435.4500.
Thanks again for the review. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Have a great day and enjoy the beautiful spring weather.

Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is at an excellent location. Beds are very comfortable. My only complaint is that the windows are too thin. The road noise from the interstate is much too loud. Even for a Sunday morning. They shouldn't have put windows in that can open. Even though they are locked the sound seeps through. But the memory foam mattresses are very nice. Just don't be a light sleeper.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Memphisguy2012
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear MemphisGuy2012:
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Vinings. We understand that there are several options in the area, and sincerely appreciate your business. I am glad to hear that you found our tempurpedic beds to be comfortable, and we hope you were able to take advantage of our great location. On the other hand, I sincerely apologize for the road noise you experienced. Based on guest feedback, this can vary based on a number of factors. To ensure that this is not an issue, would be happy to reserve a room for you on the opposite side of the building for your next stay.
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Our guests' experience is important to us, and your input is a valuable tool in our pursuit of excellence. If there is anything I can do, or if you need assistance with future accommodations, please feel free to contact me at any time. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or 770.435.4500.
We look forward to your return. Have a great day!

Beaufort, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

The staff were excellent here.The night manager told me how to get to local restaurants & Target. I had a nice comfortable room & a good breakfast the next morning.It was very close to 285, but seemed safe.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BeaufortJane
Dear BeaufortJane:
Thank you for taking the time to share! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We like to believe that we have a very knowledgeable and friendly staff (of course we are biased), so it is great to hear about the assistance you received with directions. Our area is indeed safe, and easy access to I-285 makes navigating Atlanta roadways just a little more convenient. Ms. Annie is glad that you enjoyed her breakfast as well. Speaking of breakfast, be sure to come back this summer, as we will be launching the new Fairfield Inn breakfast that features more hot foods in a buffet setting.
Thanks for choosing our hotel. If there is anything I can do, including assistance with future accommodations, please feel free to contact me at any time. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or 770.435.4500. We cannot wait to see you again!

TUS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

If you find yourself in the Vinings area of Atlanta the Fairfield Inn on Paces Ferry Road offers a good choice for a night. The hotel is pretty much a standard Faifield Inn serving the basic needs. Several eating places in the areaoffer a variety of food choices.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Fly_Bob
Dear Fly_Bob:
Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn and Suites for your recent stay in Vinings! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We pride ourselves on providing great value, and we are happy to hear that you found that our area offers a lot of great dining options. In addition to the great restaurants, there are many great shopping, nightlife, and recreation diversions, as well. We hope that you consider returning to our hotel the next time you are in town.
If I can assist with future accommodations or anything else, please feel free to contact me at any time. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or 770.435.4500.
Thanks again for the review. Have a great day!

Lafayette, LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Kelvin, the night manager, was very accommodating upon our arrival. He made check in a pleasant experience. He also explained that there is a sufficient police presence in the neighborhood, so that put me at ease. The hotel is located right off of I-285 and near I-75, so it was in a convenient location for us.

The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. We slept well. There was no door slamming like so many other hotels because the door closers were properly adjusted. That was a nice change of pace for us.

If I was to complain, it would be quite nit-picky. But I'll do it anyway! The TV was such a cheap model that it took a full 2 seconds to change each channel. But it was a flat panel TV. And we were given a handicap accessible room. I prefer a non handicap room.

Now my wife is from the Philippines. She was not as impressed as I was because the grout in the bathroom floor wasn't quite immaculate. She explained to me that the Marriott name really means something in the Philippines and that would not be tolerated there!

Oh, and the breakfast service was not so great. There was no attendant and we had to tell the front desk that ALL of the coffees were empty. On the bright side, there were several choices of coffee. And there was one lady who got quite upset that even the hot water was empty and she couldn't make her oatmeal. And the "attendant" who finally showed up seemed to think that complaining about somebody not showing up that morning would suffice as an apology for the poor service.

But, you know, if all you need is sleep, this is a good place for it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DrivingZiggy
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Driving Ziggy-
We know you have a lot of choices for lodging in the Vinings area; we sincerely appreciate you choosing Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott. Your feedback is an invaluable tool in our effort to always exceed your expecatations. Thank you for the kind words about Kelvin. I will be sure to recognize him for his hospitable service.

In addition, I will be paying special attention to the bathroom grout. Your wife is correct. Marriott standards are high, and our loyal guest deserve and expect excellence.I apologize for the breakfast experience, as well. We take great pride in our breakfast service. We understand it is a vital part of your stay. I can assure you that the experience you had and witnessed is certainly not the norm. You have my word that we will work to ensure that all guests have the well-attended, fresh breakfast that they expect, regardless of the situation.
Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts. We take every survey and review seriously and use it in our effort to improve. If there is anything else you would like to discuss, or if I can personally assist you with future accommodations, please fee free to contact me at any time. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or (770) 435-4500.