“Enjoyable Stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings
Ranked #118 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed with my wife and two kids.
Overall we enjoyed our stay. The staff at the desk were very helpful and friendly. Check in was easy. There was plenty of parking and our requests for high floor, room type etc. were all provided. Breakfast is included along with wifi at Fairfield Inns.
I took off one star for a series of relatively minor things. The internet speed was very poor on the first day, but was back to a decent speed the following morning - too late for the kids! The rooms were clean (as was the hotel) but the room did feel a bit old. Finally the breakfast was the standard Fairfield but it seemed to have slightly less than normal for choice.
Overall, we were happy and would have no problems staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Jedd M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Vinings, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear ABM583-
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to provide valuable feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! I apologize for the internet speed issue that you experienced on your first night with us. We understand the importance of consistent, fast internet, and this is something we are always working to improve. We appreciate your feedback; it is an important part of our effort to provide the accommodations and service you deserve.
If there is anything we can do, or if you need assistance with your next reservation, please feel free to contact me at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com.
Thanks again!

Jedd McConnell
GM

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Our one-night-stay here was the first night of our honeymoon! From the friendly, knowledgeble, accomodating staff, to the clean, comfortable, well-appointed room, to the wide variety of breakfast offerings, to the convenient location, Fairfield Inns Atlanta-Vinigs was, above and beyond, the best deal around!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn and Suites for your recent stay in Vinings. Your feedback is very important to us, and we are proud to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We would love to see you again should your travels bring you back this way.
Take care. We hope to see you again soon!

Hospitably-
Jedd B. McConnell

Reviewed April 28, 2012

This hotel is a poor example of a Fairfield Inn. I have stayed in a number of them as a Marriott Rewards member as was completely disappointed with this one. The whole hotel has a run down and grungy feel to it. The rooms smelled (I tried two of them and then gave up) and the furniture was cheap and in poor condition. The bathroom was somewhat dirty and had a light that made a very loud humming sound. The traffic noise from the freeway was very noticeable and loud all night. Although the hotel advertises free wireless the only website it allows you to get on is the Marriott site. When I complained to the front desk and asked for help, actually showing them my laptop, they refused to help or show me how to access the "free wireless." I gave up and used the one computer at the front desk which I had to wait in line for and which was very slow. There is no indoor pool or hot tub here and the work out room is in the basement which looks like a dungeon. The outdoor pool does not open until after Memorial Day. I had stayed at the Fairfield Six Flags the night before which was over $20 cheaper, was clean, had a friendly staff, and had a beautiful and clean indoor pool with a hot tub. Don't be fooled by claims that the Vinings Fairfield is a "good deal" for the area. You can stay at an extended stay hotel within walking distance of the Vinings shopping area (right across the freeway from this hotel) for a nightly rate that is over $40 less than this hotel and is nicer and has a full kitchen (I did this the following night).

Room Tip: Make sure you stay on the side of the hotel away from the freeway (the one that does not have a view...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. On behalf of our entire team, I sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet our mutual standards. We are constantly working to improve the guest experience, and your feedback is a vital part of our efforts.
We have made considerable improvement in recent months on the amenity level (1st floor) which houses our guest laundry and excercise room, as well as the outdoor pool/spa entrance. We believe that the area is much warmer and more inviting than before and complements are "spruced up" pool nicely.
Also, we have added additional coverage for the wireless internet, and recent speedtests indicate considerable increase in consistency and speed. If our guest service reps are unable to resolve connection issues, we have 24 hour, toll-free internet support.
I apprecite you taking the time to provide valuable feedback and hope that you will consider giving us another chance if you are in the area. If there is anything we can do, please let me know. I can be reached at jedd.mcconnell@marriott.com or (770)435-4500.
Thanks again!

Hospitably-
Jedd B. McConnell

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I needed a place to stay in northwest Atlanta for one night. The Fairfield Inn in Vinings was my choice because 1) Marriott properties rarely disappoint me 2) the location was incredibly convenient 3) the price for one night was among the lowest in the area. I was completely satisfied with my stay. The front desk clerk was very warm and friendly, and even called my room about 20 minutes after check-in to make sure everything was ok. The room was very clean, and the bed and pillows were perfect my preference (not too hard, not too soft). the pool area was nothing to write home about, but I didn't have plans to use the pool anyway. The continental breakfast was very clean and well-stocked, and included more than just muffins and juice. There was a waffle maker, bagels, oatmeal, sausage biscuits, cereal, and more. I used the exercise room, which was a small room with 2 treadmills and an elliptical trainer. Definitely nothing special there, but it was clean and served my purpose. So with great rates, awesome convenience, free parking, a very decent free breakfast, and clean, comfortable rooms, you can't go wrong by staying here.

Room Tip: The lobby is actually on the second floor because the property is sloped. I wouldn't want to ha...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Very clean property. Just what you need in a Fairfield Inn. I will be returning to this hotel. You will have no issues and be happy here.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Stayed 2 night's staff very friendly. Great location. Try NY Pizza Exchange near hotel for great pizza. Only negative about hotel for beds are temperpedic and I like to sleep on hard mattresses.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I booked this room because it was conveniently located, and I good experience with the Fairfield in Columbus, MS. This was clearly an older property like a Day's Inn that had been converted to a Fairfield. The only conversion appeared to be the furniture. It had DOUBLE beds - not queens. They were Tempupedic and were comfortable, and it had a flat screen TV. The decor was straight out of the 80's with old vinyl wallpaper and stucco walls. it had one tiny sink with absolutely no place to put even a toothbrush.

Breakfast was terrible. I had to request coffee because they were out and then wait 10 minutes for it to be brought out. They were out of juice and had no water available. The only hot options were do it yourself waffle or toast.

The only saving grace of the hotel was the very nice desk clerk and that is was clean.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business