“Good hotel experience, once you find it!”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Ranked #36 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed October 11, 2013

While in town for a concert at the Cobb Energy Centre, we stayed at the DoubleTree Suites near the Galleria in Atlanta. The address confounded a GPS and 2 smartphone maps, especially because there is a second DoubleTree hotel right up the street! But once we located it we had a very nice stay. The location is actually excellent, very close to the highway and near plenty of restaurants and malls (you could walk to several things if so inclined). The location is prime for the Cobb Energy Centre - it was about a three minute drive to get to the venue. Our two room suite was cozy and comfortable, although could maybe stand a decorating update. Sheets and towels were fresh, rooms were clean, staff was extremely helpful and friendly, and the chocolate chip cookies were delicious. I would stay here again.

Tip: If looking for shopping opportunities, there's nothing to be had at the Galleria. There are three restaurants left in there that are good, but the rest of the mall is mostly vacant. Go across the street to the Cumberland Mall.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I loved my stay here, the hotel was located in a quiet area within close proximity to downtown Atlanta and all the attractions that we were interested in attending. The staff was courteous and friendly. It felt like a home away from home. I didn't want to leave. I am planning another trip to Atlanta very soon and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Nice two room suite, we shut the bedroom door and slept very well. The bathroom is nice and big with a large shower but I wish the toliet was separate, easier to get ready in the morning. There was also a desk, a couch that pulled out to a bed, two closets, ironing board, iron, luggage stand, a tv in each room, an alarm clock with that could make soothing sounds if you needed to help you sleep, coffee maker, mini fridge.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Thehotel was very nice. Check in was at night, but, the young mand at the desk knew who I was before I introduced myself.I was given a bag of warm cookies.There were 6 of us and 2 rooms. The rooms were set up nicely to allow for privacy.My room had a King bed and the living area had a fold out bed. Doors separated the 2 areas. Room service could use some improvement, but overall we had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This past weekend was AWA, where I have recently been promoted as a Supervisor. I am required by my hours to stay in a nearby hotel. The Doubletree Suites fit every one of my needs, including the ones I had failed to anticipate. I do not see myself staying in any other hotel for the future, and will endeavor to select Doubletree for all future events. The value was perfect, Checkin is simple and fast, breakfast was delicious, the elevators never had a problem. My largest issue, if it could be called that, was that I couldnt park at the front of the hotel when I came back at nights. Also that my room-mates could not easily use the shuttle to return as it ended at 10 pm, we were not informed of the shuttle hours until Saturday afternoon.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Was in Atlanta staying with friends but because of schedules and visiting with other friends I needed a "one-nighter" and picked Double Tree. The rate was good, it was in a fantastic location to hang with my friends in that area...you can definitely walk to the dining/shopping (although 'better' dining is going to require a car/taxi) and the cab to the airport wasn't too bad.
Hotel is clean, check in was quick and although I didn't experience any of the expanded services - I noted that they were there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The staff were so helpful and kind. Very clean, complimentary juice and cookies. Stayed in a king suite with lots of room for our little one. Nice, big fluffy king bed. Very beautiful room and the price was great too! Breakfast buffet was awesome and be sure when you book to ask for the breakfast coupon!

• Stayed: September 2013