“Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #45 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Columbus, United States
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Everything about the room was very nice. I particularly liked the separate living room. The bathroom was modern and clean. Lunch was absolutely delicious. The meeting room was comfortable. The hotel provides complimentary coffee that actually taste good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Debbie W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Jennifer M,

It is with great appreciation that I thank you for your very kind review of the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria on your recent stay.

We have found that our guests do enjoy having the seperate living area wth doors that close making the bedroom private and our clean bathrooms.

We have a fabulous Chef and agree that his food is delicious and we serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our meeting space is comfortable and the best part is it is all located on the first floor so it is easy to get to and find. I have shared your comments that our coffee taste good with our Chef and our Food & Beverage Manager as well as the staff.

We would be very pleased if when your travels bring you back to the Atlanta Galleria area that you once again choose the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria.

Have a safe and wonderful summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Rex, Georgia
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Just a short trip north of the hustle and bustle of downtown Atlanta, I found the elegance of the Doubletree Hotel near the Galleria Mall. I have lived in Atlanta most of my life, but found that the ambiance of this hotel reminded me of a little French village...and the warm chocolate chip cookie that greeted me upon my arrival was to die for! The comfort of my room almost kept me from leaving! I loved this experience so much that I am planning to incorporate it as my annual kick-off experience to my Summer Break because this teacher wants only the BEST!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Good day, Cindy B

Thank you for your review of the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria and for choosing our hotel for your stay in the Atlanta Galleria area. Located 1/4 mile from the Galleria Mall and the Cumberland Mall makes shopping easy and fun.

We agree with you that the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria has great ambiance and a French feel. Our signature DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Walnut cookie is indeed to die for and we are pleased you thought so too.

We look forward to you making us part of your annual kick-off experience to your Summer Break and will be pleased to have you return. As a teacher we thank you for your hard work and teaching our youth.

Have a fantastic summer!
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night whilst on transit to London. The hotel has spacious rooms and comfy beds. The bathrooms are spacious enough.

Upon our early hours of morning arrival and quick check-in, we were advised of the breakfast options at the hotel restaurant or at the local diner which is about a 5minute walk away.

We had a sound and comfy sleep which was not affected by noise because the hotel is not in a predominant residential area.

Following check out, we proceeded to the local diner and had a lovely breakfast which was good value for money.

The hotel operates a free airport shuttle which we later boarded and returned for our flight home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Debbie W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear, ZamyH

I love your review and sharing your experience with us however, I do believe you have the incorrect DoubleTree. The DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria is 17 miles from Hartsfield/Jackson International airport and we do not offer a free shuttle to the airport.

I believe you stayed at the DoubleTree Atlanta airport hotel as they are 1 miles from the airport and offer free shuttle service to and from the airport.

If you are ever in the Cobb County Galleria area we would be pleased to have you as our guest. Have a wonderful summer.

Huntersville, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The rooms are nice and upgrades was available for gold members, but considering the price I guess I expected more. Still, very clean and helpful staff, just old rooms and old decor. Breakfast was good and the staff was on top of things in a timely manner. I did like that the you can cool the room quite a bit, many newer hotels don't let you drop the thermostat below 68 or 66. I love a very cold room to sleep and this one allowed me to go to 60 !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Good day, Kevin

I am pleased you took time to share your thoughts and your review with everyone on the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria. It is such a pleasure when we receive a review on TripAdvisor even the not so good ones. This way we are able to address any issues our guests may have and correct them before their next return. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel, the airconditioning, the breakfast and our great staff.

I am sorry you felt the hotel was priced too high. I will be more than happy to assist you with your next reservation when you return and hopefully get you are rate you will like better. I can't guarantee it but I will certainly do my best.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Alabama
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Very comfy beds and nice rooms (some outdated furniture that you can tell have been there a while, but was clean!). We were not offered cookies when we checked it which had to be explained to the kids since we had talked up that feature to them. Great location for the Six Flag White Waters Park. Overall, i'd rate it an A-.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Debbie W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Good day, Angel

Thank you for your review of the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria. Please accept my sincere apology for not receiving your cookies upon check in. I have addressed this issue with our Rooms Division Manager and General Manager to make certian this does not happen again.

I am happy you enjoyed your stay and I do hope when you return to the Cobb Galleria area you will give us the opportunity to have you stay with us again. Have a great summer.

Debbie
Griffin, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Large, spacious suites perfect for a couple's in-town getaway. Romance her for a night away from the stress of everyday life. Close to midtown theatres, clubs, etc for an evening of fine dining & entertainment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Good afternoon, George C

Thank you for your very kind review of the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed your “Weekend Getaway” in our large, spacious 600 sq. ft. suites.

You are so correct they are perfect for a couple's in-town getaway and an out of town getaway too. Our suites with the jacuzzi tubs are a wonderful addition to that romantic night with her away from all the stress of everyday life. We are a short drive to downtown, midtown theatres, clubs, etc and we are only 1/4 mile from many restaurants that feature fine dining & we are close to entertainment too.

Again, thank you for your review we know you have many hotels to choose from in the area. We are pleased you selected us and we welcome the opportunity to host you again when you wish to return.

canal winchester, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel is good for business meetings, i did not have the pleasure of using the additions. perhaps next time. the only issue i cam across was the time the bar closed down, especially since we were having a business meeting

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Debbie W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Good day, Juanita S,

Thank you for your review of the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria. We realize you have many choices on a hotel in the Cobb Galleria area and we truly appreciate you selecting us for your stay. The Edge bar is open until 11:00PM each day so if it closed earlier please let me know so I may address this issue with our Food & Beverage manager.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope when you return to the Cobb Galleria area you will once again select the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria for your stay. Please feel free to contact me if I may be of assistance in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria? Share your experiences!