“Lovely suites few minor issues”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Ranked #36 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

My family & I stayed here for one night. Very nice hotel only a few flaws but did not ruin our stay. The jacuzzi only worked for 5 minutes before making some weird loud noise. Water stain noted on the wall from a previously leaking vent. Otherwise I really enjoyed the suite. No microwaves but there is a mini fridge in the rooms!! Very very comfy beds!! We had a King size it was awesome!! I will overall give this hotel a 4.5/5!!! And I can not forget about the DELICIOUS cookies the wonderful front desk associates provide for each guest!! Great & friendly staff!! We Will visit again!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Debbie W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear guest,

I truly appreciate your comments on your stay at the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria and will be more than happy to address all your issues. I am not sure what guest suite you were in so if you would be so kind as to contact me I will work on having these items corrected.

Thank you for your good and bad comments as we cannot fix something if we are not aware there is an issue. We do have very "comfy" beds and I agree with you on the Cookies, they are wonderful. We do try to provide the best in guest service and I am pleased you had a pleasant experience at our hotel and with our staff.

I look forward to hearing from you and you returning to the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria when your travels bring you back to the Cobb Galleria area of Atlanta.

770-980-1900

Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Horrible experience. Bathroom flooded and literally ruin the entire evening. Not to mention the health concerns from such an experience. The place is also not located in the best area of town. I wrote the Hilton on the experience and no one was even kind enough to reply. They also put a $50 hold on your card without telling you even though the room is paid in full. Therefore the Hilton will not be getting my money again.

• Stayed: September 2012
DTSUITESATLANTA, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for your feedback about the incident in the bathroom. We’ve worked with maintenance to fix the issue, but we’re very sorry that it wasn't resolved sooner. At our hotel, we are currently examining our plumbing to make sure that something like this does not happen again in the future. However, I would like to apologize for the level of service you received in regards to the authorization hold. We will address our front desk staff to ensure that all guests are aware of our policies. Thanks again for your review and we hope you stay with us the next time you return to the area. If you would like to discuss this further please don’t hesitate from contacting me directly.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Very clean rooms, large bathroom, comfortable living room space & bedroom. Room had a small fridge but no microwave. We used the microwave in the guest shop. Price wise worth every penny. Lots of parking spaces. Room service plus have lots of restaurants very close to hotel (you can see them from your room if you're over the lobby). Very close to Georgia Dome. If you're allergic to feather pillows/mattresses like I am be sure to let them know before you arrive. The one time I forgot to post that I was allergic when I booked online of course there were feather pillows. I brought my own pillow but husband would not have one. We were in luck that the pillow for the sofa bed had a foam pillow. Only 2 negatives, no microwave & you have to pay for internet service in your room. I believe it's free if you use the computers downstairs but don't hold me to that. Overall this hotel exceeded my expectations. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Debbie W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Good day and thank you for your review of the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria. We appreciate feedback from our guests and value your opinion. I would like you to know that we are looking into adding microwaves to our guest suites for 2013.

I do apologize if the feather pillows and comforter was not removed upon request. We do have foam pillows available and are happy to provide them to our guest when requested.

We constantly challenge our staff on customer service and take great pride in providing true Southern hospitality. I am very pleased you were happy with our service.

Yes, we are close to the Georgia Dome and encourage hotel travelers to stay with us when they are going to the Dome for any event. I hope you were able to enjoy our signature "Wake up DoubleTree Breakfast". Our restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and of course our room service is available all day.

We look forward to you returning whenever you have hotel needs in the Atlanta Galleria area. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a very nice hotel and the staff was very nice and accomodating. They only had a smoking room availalbe, and I really wanted a non-smoking, they went out the way to ensure the room did not have the "old cigarette" smell. Rooms are large, clean, and comfortable. It's very close to the Cobb Energy Center. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms were nice. No need for the balcony room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Debbie W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for your review of the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria on your recent stay. We understand you have many choices and are very pleased you selected us for your hotel needs. Yes, we are very close to the Cobb Energy Centre in fact we are only 1/2 mile away and offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the Centre.

I do apologize you were placed in a smoking room but very glad to hear the staff did everything possible to eliminate the smell. I do hope you were able to enjoy all the amenities the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria has to offer all our guests. Especially our signature warm chocolate chip DoubleTree cookie.

We do hope you will select the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria the next time you are in the area and we look forward to assisting you in the future. Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We have used the Doubletree all summer for business meetings and overnight accomodations. The staff has been responsive and extremely helpful with our ever changing needs. We have enjoyed our time at the Doubletree Atlanta-Galleria and are already planning our next session!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Debbie W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear MS. R,

Thank you so very much for your kind review of the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria and for selecting our hotel for your guest room and meeting room needs. It is so nice to be able to accommodate our guest needs on all levels. We are large enough to handle your meeting needs and small enough to give the personal attention to the details as well as you and all your attendees.

I trully appreciate your business and loyalty to the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria and look forward to your return. We are here to assist in any way possible and will make your next set of meetings sucessful as well as handle all your guest room accommodations. Safe travels and have a wonderful day.

With sincere appreciation,

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The DoubleTree is a fantastic place to stay whether you are enjoying some relaxing time with the family or on a business trip to Atlanta. I am extremely pleased with the facility as well as the service that comes with staying here. The hotel employees are always quick to help out in any way. And they are so pleasant when doing so. I will definitely stay here during my future business trips to Atlanta.

• Stayed: August 2012
Debbie W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

As a valued guest I wish to thank you for your recent review of the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Atlanta Galleria. In this very busy world it means a great deal to us that you have taken your valuable time to tell others how you feel about our hotel.

The DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria has ongoing training for all of our staff to keep in tune with the standards of Hilton as well as Guest Satisfaction. We expect all our guests to be greated with a genuine smile and of course that delicious warm signature DoubleTree Walnut Chocolate Chip cookie. Yum!

We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you to the Atlanta Galleria area in Cobb County Georgia. Where Southern Hospitality is demonstrated every day. We love our guests!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

This hotel is the best Doubletree that I have stayed at. The employees are quick to accommidate the needs of their guest and help in anyway possible.I will definitely stay here again. thank you Doubletree Atlanta Galleria for everything.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Debbie W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Good day and thank you for your kind review. The staff at the DoubleTree Suites Atlanta Galleria is dedicated to making your stay as memorable and pleasant as possible. We certainly look forward to your return visit and once again will be here to take care of all your needs.

Again, thank you for taking time to review the hotel and please let us know if there is anything we may assist you with.